Why Does the Left Lack So Much Class

I turned on the CNN this morning to here news of what we all knew would happen, and will happen more this week, violence among "peace" protestors. Apparently a group of hippies grabbed an undercover police officer and beat the hell out of him. Why is it always that these same people who so adamantly decry violence so often use violence to get their messages across? Not only that but they chant hate slurs and parade around burning effigies of the President. They beat on Djembe drums and beat up those who disagree with their "free speech".

Two years ago I was assaulted by a group of these so called "peace" activists myself. Because I merely held an American flag I was pulled to the ground and beat, spit upon, and yelled at. A group of anarchists wrote words on the sidewalk like 'fascist' and 'nazi'. I managed to get away from the group but it was a good lesson in the kind of 'tolerance' that the left loves to preach about. Apparently the same sort of thing transcends borders as protesters are hassling and assaulting republicans attending the convention. Not surprisingly Michael Moore was there last night holding a sign that said "loser". Will the left ever get a little class.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why does the Right lack so much class?

The shootings of abortion doctors.

The bashings of gays in the alleyways and streets.

The fire bombings of jewish schools.

The blind disrepsect for anybody who has a religion OTHER than fundamentalist protestantism or modern catholocism.

What about the constant badgering of Clinton over who sucked his cock?

The attacking of McCain for being a PoW...for having a 'black' child.

I think it's the right wing that lacks the most class, but if the left keeps it up, they'll be joining the right wing on my shiatlist.

The shootings of abortion doctors

Ya the odd nutcase is around, I don't deny that, however most of us on the right vehemently denounce it and people like John Ashcroft prosecute them to the full extent of the law. This as opposed to condoneing the civil disobedience of hundreds of thousands of libs.

Huh??

The blind disrepsect for anybody who has a religion OTHER than fundamentalist protestantism or modern catholocism.

I don't think that's the case but if it is at least they're consistent. We don't appease and coddle violent radical Islam while at the same time slander and belittle those who want to keep "In God We Trust" on the dollar bill.

I know you on the left want to portray it as an issue about sex but it actually has more to do with him lying under oath.

The attacking of McCain for being a PoW...for having a 'black' child
Huh? McCain is a Republican.

Why does the Right lack so much class?

The shootings of abortion doctors.

The attacking of McCain for being a PoW...for having a 'black' child.

I think it's the right wing that lacks the most class, but if the left keeps it up, they'll be joining the right wing on my shiatlist.

Bingo!

I think there are bad apples on both sides. I'm truly sorry about your experience IMR as that shouldn't happen in a civilized and democratic country and it's the sort of thing you carry around for the rest of your life. I don't think that kind of behavior should be seen as endemic on the left though, or be seen as representing the left. After all there were 250,000 protesters in NYC and there were almost no violent incidents. TN is right, the right can be bad, intolerant and violent as well.

Defining people in a political party or association based on radical extremes is damaging to any useful political process or debate.

As Arnold said tonight the beauty of America is that people can disagree.

Let’s hope we can do it with a little respect.

It is frustrating to come on this site and have blanket statements attributed to me as a Conservative that are ridiculous. By saying those on the right are …………. You are really making personal statements. Should anyone bother correcting these erroneous statements?

I will do like I do with bad TV, I will stop watching. I don’t mean this to be wining but after reading about 10 threads tonight I wonder if any real discussion occurs on this site.

I used to come to this site to see how people of different political outlooks thought about various issues. What I realize is that many on this site just want to call me and other people who think like me names. If vilifying those with social and fiscal conservative ideals makes you feel better have at it but I will not bother responding anymore.

Here's some food for thought. The Left overwhelmingly favours big government to do its will, be that wealth redistribution, environmental protection or whatever. The thing to remember is that government ultimately can only get anything done through violence or the threat of violence, so what the Left advocates is, basically, the use of violence to further their own ideals.

There are many on the Right who would have the government do their bidding too, but overall right-wingers generally prefer a smaller government and more individualism.

Personally, I remain highly suspicious of anybody who advocates the use of violence to further their goals.

Here's some food for thought. The Left overwhelmingly favours big government to do its will, be that wealth redistribution, environmental protection or whatever. The thing to remember is that government ultimately can only get anything done through violence or the threat of violence, so what the Left advocates is, basically, the use of violence to further their own ideals.

There are many on the Right who would have the government do their bidding too, but overall right-wingers generally prefer a smaller government and more individualism.

Personally, I remain highly suspicious of anybody who advocates the use of violence to further their goals.

The Right controls government with the use of money. (ie Haliburton is supposed to be a contractor subject to competitive bidding but has become so powerful and influential that the US Armed forces considers Haliburton the customer instead.)

Look back into history as far back as you can remember. How do all revolutions and revolts start? It's always some oppressed people who have grown so frustrated and with nothing to lose.

Times have changed, but nothing else has.

There's extremism on both sides, the KKK is a Conservative based, Repulican voting organization who happen to be terrorists by striking fear in those who don't fit their specifications of being human...should we call all Republican Conservatives, terrorists and say that they also lack class?

If you base your argument for one side, at least think it through and be consistent and look within your own party...perhaps in the future, you'll make better decisions!

The Right controls government with the use of money.

Big-government conservatives are as bad as big-government leftists, but as I said, minarchists and other small-government leanings are more common amongst the right than the left.

I'm aware that I am repeating myself, but it seems that you didn't read my post. Maybe this will be clearer for you.

Willy you're too nice. This is the reason Conservatives in Canada lose elections, they don't play dirty like the liberals.

As for generalizing etc., it seems to me that the violence and civil disobedience seems to be more prevelant among the left. When the Conservatives held a pro-US rally a while back in Calgary they rented a private venue. They didn't block traffic, chant hate slogans, burn flags, or beat people up. Two guys showed up one with a t-shirt with and upside down US flag on it that said "f**k the US". Then they proceeded to the podium and started yelling and ranting and raving. When they refused to leave they had to be carried out all the while yelling about their right to freedom of speech. They same sorts of incidents have been occuring at the RNC this week. Similar people getting in to the convention and yelling at delegates or in one case Dick Cheney. Contrast this kind of thing to the DNC last month. You didn't see these kinds of acts perpetrated by Republicans.

The right wing is far more violent.

Did somebody say Iraq?

Did somebody say Patriot Act?

Did somebody say Abu Gharib?

Point.Set.Match.

Regarding Iraq well your argument breaks down pretty quick when you bring Tony Blair and other leftist leaders into the equation who supported the war. Besides I don't really see how the Patriot Act or a few naked terrorists in prison have to do with the lack of class endemic among liberal protestors.

I read that 1000 were arrested yesterday in NYC.

Game, Set, Match? How old are you?

It is frustrating to come on this site and have blanket statements attributed to me as a Conservative that are ridiculous. By saying those on the right are …………. You are really making personal statements. Should anyone bother correcting these erroneous statements?

Point taken, we should be more precise and fair. I make such statements at times and will try to be more precise from now on.

Meh.

Fight fire with fire.

So long as somebody from the extreme right is making blanket statements about everybody on the left, it's only fair to respond with equal amounts of vitriol.

BTW: What Lindi England did on her 21st Birthday was very much a conservative thing to do. Are you saying that she wasn't born, bred and raised on a fundamentalist Christian-Conservative town and in such a way.

Common, take ownership for the fruits of your blind ideology.

------------------

People who are blind adherants of ideology on the left are just as bad.

The shenanigans on both sides in New York are terrible and shameful.

"leftist leaders into the equation who supported the war. "

I always love this statement... :lol:

lets see giving someone the athority to go to war as a LAST resort,when we all know it was a FIRST resort

for the prez, somehow makes you approving of it?oh the spin the spin....

however they can be blamed for trusting a president....who suckered them.

tell me again why S.A. is not on the axis of evil list considering they greatly funded AQ??? This war still is about terror isn't it? Or have we moved on from what you consider a non winable war George?

Regarding Iraq well your argument breaks down pretty quick when you bring Tony Blair and other leftist leaders into the equation who supported the war. Besides I don't really see how the Patriot Act or a few naked terrorists in prison have to do with the lack of class endemic among liberal protestors.

I read that 1000 were arrested yesterday in NYC.

First: Tony Blair is hardly a paragon of leftist ideals.

Secondly: what is this "class" you keep droning on about? Is it the kind of class displayed by President Bush in the 2000 campaign when he referred to a reporter as "a major league asshole"? Or when ol' Dick Cheney told a democratic Senator to "Go fuck yourself"?

Furthermore, what is your beef with civil disobedience?

"leftist leaders into the equation who supported the war. "

I always love this statement... :lol:

Is that your rebuttal?
lets see giving someone the athority to go to war as a LAST resort,when we all know it was a FIRST resort

for the prez, somehow makes you approving of it?oh the spin the spin....

however they can be blamed for trusting a president....who suckered them.

I don't see what this has to do with the issue other than showing your irrational hatred of the President. (don't worry you're not alone)

Secondly: what is this "class" you keep droning on about? Is it the kind of class displayed by President Bush in the 2000 campaign when he referred to a reporter as "a major league asshole"? Or when ol' Dick Cheney told a democratic Senator to "Go fuck yourself"?

Stop you're hurting my ears :D I remember good ol John F'n Kerry in an article of Rolling Stone using the same sort of language. Come on let's move away from the petty, on to something with substance like last nights radical leftist protestors ripping up property.

Are you an anarchist BD?

No. However, civil disobedience is long-established and quite successful form of public activity and an expression of democratic rights and freedoms. Read your Thoreau.

remember good ol John F'n Kerry in an article of Rolling Stone using the same sort of language. Come on let's move away from the petty, on to something with substance like last nights radical leftist protestors ripping up property.

What's your point? I mean, you are, after all, the one arguing that a lack of class is endimic in "the left".

Do you have a link for your allegations of "ripping up property"? Because there's no reports of this on any of teh major new sites.

Did you know that numbe rof arrests at this convention have surpassed those made at the 1968 Chicago DNC, which was far, far more turbulent and violent? Doesn't that seem a tad odd?

Indeed, the number of arrests has precious little to do with the "class" of the protestors and plenty to do with the zealotry of the power-flushed police and law enforcement types.

No. However, civil disobedience is long-established and quite successful form of public activity and an expression of democratic rights and freedoms. Read your Thoreau.

So what you're saying is that since I don't agree with the democratic choice of the Canadian people in choosing Martin for PM I should pull out the Djembe drum, hand cuff myself to some of my fellow ideologues, block ambulances and fire trucks, and pick some fights with cops? Sorry but we're not talking about protesting slavery, we're talking about a bunch of naive kids who hate the President because they've been manipulated by leftist propeganda.

Did you know that numbe of arrests at this convention have surpassed those made at the 1968 Chicago DNC, which was far, far more turbulent and violent? Doesn't that seem a tad odd?

So why do you suppose that it was far more turbulent in '68. Could it be that the Cops let it get out of hand rather than nip the problem in the bud before a few anarchists turn the crowds into riots?

Indeed, the number of arrests has precious little to do with the "class" of the protestors and plenty to do with the zealotry of the power-flushed police and law enforcement types.

"Facist police state!" I'm having flash backs of Tianamin Square. Give me a break. Once again last night, while Bush was giving his wonderful speech, a couple of radical screaming leftists had to be dragged out. No class.

So what you're saying is that since I don't agree with the democratic choice of the Canadian people in choosing Martin for PM I should pull out the Djembe drum, hand cuff myself to some of my fellow ideologues, block ambulances and fire trucks, and pick some fights with cops? Sorry but we're not talking about protesting slavery, we're talking about a bunch of naive kids who hate the President because they've been manipulated by leftist propeganda.

I see. Selective freedom of speech.

So why do you suppose that it was far more turbulent in '68. Could it be that the Cops let it get out of hand rather than nip the problem in the bud before a few anarchists turn the crowds into riots?

Nope, that wasn't the case at all. Chicago polioce used hardline tactics to try and curb demonstrations, which, in turn, encited violence.

Mayor Richard J. Daley took a particularly hard line against the protesters, refusing permits for rallies and marches, and calling for whatever use of force necessary to subdue the crowds. When Abraham Ribicoff delivered a speech nominating George McGovern for President, he infuriated Daley by saying, "with George McGovern as President of the United States, we wouldn't have Gestapo tactics in the streets of Chicago.
Facist police state!" I'm having flash backs of Tianamin Square. Give me a break. Once again last night, while Bush was giving his wonderful speech, a couple of radical screaming leftists had to be dragged out. No class.

Interesting: you'r eusing quotation marks, indicating you're quoting me. Funny thing, though: I neve rused the term. That comes straight from your fevered imaginings. Making stuff up: n that's classy. :rolleyes:

More of the vaunted Republican "class".

Audience boos as Bush offers best wishes for Clinton

President Bush on Friday wished Bill Clinton ``best wishes for a swift and speedy recovery.''

``He's is in our thoughts and prayers,'' Bush said at a campaign rally.

Bush's audience of thousands in West Allis, Wis., booed. Bush did nothing to stop them.

I see. Selective freedom of speech.

No not at all. There is a difference between lawfully speaking your mind and breaking the law and endangering lives to get attention.

Interesting: you'r eusing quotation marks, indicating you're quoting me.

The inference was clear. But I'll take it back if you'd like. I suppose I had in mind some of the other radical leftists on the board who have been calling the US a facist police state.

More of the vaunted Republican "class".

Your link doesn't work, but ya not classy. It's getting pretty ugly. Dirty politics.