Romney Lies about Jeep Jobs

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hell, Chrysler could probably make a case that Romney's comments will adversely affect their sales (people not buying their products out of protest for them moving jobs to China) and probably win a slander/libel case against him.

Certainly. The ads are intentionally misleading consumers about Chrysler's business practices. And financial damage in the form of lost sales is a likely result. Additional damage in the form of damage to their reputation is also an obvious effect of these ads. As far as I can tell this has the makings of a slam-dunk libel lawsuit.

However, I don't think Chrysler would sue Romney. It would piss off a lot of potential customers. Also, if he's president after Tuesday, suing the president is probably a bad idea.

-k

-k

However, I don't think Chrysler would sue Romney. It would piss off a lot of potential customers. Also, if he's president after Tuesday, suing the president is probably a bad idea.

Chrysler is a two time bail-out loser that should go bankrupt or to China. The CAW can kiss Chrysler good-bye based on the most recent labour agreement. To clarify, the elected president isn't inaugurated until January 2013.

From the CEO statement today

I bolded the part for SHADY AND Scribbet who keep posting some unsourced BS article from business insider about Italy. Straight from the horses mouth ROMNEY and SHADY are LIARS. I expect a response of no one because I know when caught in a lie that conservatives run and hide.

http://www.detroitne...0101/210300401/

So it is Oct 30th and there is their plan THEY WILL MOVE NO JOBS MITTENS IS A LAIR. Over and done with.

You should also have bolded this part:

"Together, we are working to establish a global enterprise and previously announced our intent to return Jeep production to China, the world's largest auto market, in order to satisfy local market demand, which would not otherwise be accessible."

From The Detroit News: http://www.detroitnews.com/article/20121030/AUTO0101/210300401#ixzz2BHmcEbKS

That makes it quite clear that Jeep production would occur in China, if only for the local market. But that would be inefficient and Chrysler cannot afford to be inefficient and political at the same time without going broke. Result - Bye bye Chrysler.

"Together, we are working to establish a global enterprise and previously announced our intent to return Jeep production to China, the world's largest auto market, in order to satisfy local market demand, which would not otherwise be accessible."

From The Detroit News: http://www.detroitne...1#ixzz2BHmcEbKS

That makes it quite clear that Jeep production would occur in China, if only for the local market. But that would be inefficient and Chrysler cannot afford to be inefficient and political at the same time without going broke. Result - Bye bye Chrysler.

What are you talking about? Now because Jeep is growing and in demand in China they will go out of business? I can no wait for this thing to be over so people stop offering the worst backwards arguments I have heard.

They are growing and investing their profits were up 80% in Q3 sorry buddy keep cheering against American Manufacturing though. Good luck with that.

From The Detroit News: http://www.detroitne...1#ixzz2BHmcEbKS

They already build the Journey and I'm not sure what other vehicles in Mexico. Adding production in China is coming, whatever the reason. And Italy production, if the Fiat CEO is to be believed. So Romeny is partly right and partly wrong, about usual for a politician campaigning. And again, he based his original comments on a Bloomburg story that was later changed.

Sue Romeny? He's the guy who's going to make an economy that grows, and with it vehicle demand. Chrysler's got some good years ahead of it.

They already build the Journey and I'm not sure what other vehicles in Mexico. Adding production in China is coming, whatever the reason. And Italy production, if the Fiat CEO is to be believed. So Romeny is partly right and partly wrong, about usual for a politician campaigning. And again, he based his original comments on a Bloomburg story that was later changed.

Sue Romeny? He's the guy who's going to make an economy that grows, and with it vehicle demand. Chrysler's got some good years ahead of it.

He is going to be the guy who lost an election because he bet against the American people and the American Auto industry that is who is he is.

Let's all remember that Obama's pastor of choice for 20 years has been an extremist, racist one. This shows the kind of man Obama is. He's is a puppet who reads from a teleprompter.

Now tell me all about Romney's religious leaders. I seem to remember the Mormon Church when Romney was a member of it preached African Americans could not be allowed into the ranks of their church because they were decedents from Cain. I think actually Romney's church was racist and extremist for a long time but don't let the facts stop you Mr. Canada.

From The Detroit News: http://www.detroitnews.com/article/20121030/AUTO0101/210300401#ixzz2BHmcEbKS

i see you ignored the part following your highlight that says they will build Jeeps in China to satisfy Chinese demand for the product, just like Toyota builds Tundras in the US to satisfy American demand for the product.