The Truth About Benghazi

This one will probably feature in the debate. I'm betting Obama will be on the defensive most of the night.

http://www.sltrib.co...-libya.html.csp

Bush never got Osama not in 8 years. It took Obama to do that. Now you are mad Obama hasn't killed these men in 30 days? Wow talk about moving the goal posts. If you actually cared you would be supporting Obama the President who has killed more terrorists and their leaders from the sky then anyone else. You don't care though that is obvious.

Punked seems to have missed my main point, that documents listing Libyans helping the US went missing after the attack. Therefore, if the Obama administration had listened to the various requests for beefed up security coming up to the anniversary of 9/11(how could they miss this) then those names would not have gotten into the wrong hands.

Now the Obama administration is crying fould over some names. A little too late.

Quote: Sensitive documents were missing after the attack, including documents listing the names of Libyans working with the Americans, and documents relating to oil contracts

Bush never got Osama not in 8 years. It took Obama to do that. Now you are mad Obama hasn't killed these men in 30 days? Wow talk about moving the goal posts. If you actually cared you would be supporting Obama the President who has killed more terrorists and their leaders from the sky then anyone else. You don't care though that is obvious.

Bin Laden got taken out in Obama's watch. So what? That doesn't mean he can say, "There! job's done."

Al Qaeda didn't end with Bin laden.

This is an area where the Obama administration has developed a handy case of amnesia. They blame Bush for the economy that they inherited in 2009. But it was Bush that set up the infrastructure that made it possible to track down Osama in the first place. Obama just happened to be in the driver's seat when it happened, but they give Bush no credit for it. It's hypocritical.

This is an area where the Obama administration has developed a handy case of amnesia. They blame Bush for the economy that they inherited in 2009. But it was Bush that set up the infrastructure that made it possible to track down Osama in the first place. Obama just happened to be in the driver's seat when it happened, but they give Bush no credit for it. It's hypocritical.

Yah I know what you think everything bad is Obama/Clinton's fault everything good is Bush's fault. You are what we call a HYPOCRITE! To the largest degree.

You're confusing parties with ideologies. While there is overlap between, say, the Republican party and conservatism, they are not one-in-the-same.

Can you tell me the difference between the left and right parties and their ideologies? Looks all the same to me.

You're an Alex Jones type of guy, right?

Irrelevant. Typical fanatical right sideline tactic.

You're perfect for this forum, fitting right in with bleeding heart and and BubberMiley.

Then I am in good company as many of their views do seem to fall in line with mine.

Punked seems to have missed my main point, that documents listing Libyans helping the US went missing after the attack. Therefore, if the Obama administration had listened to the various requests for beefed up security coming up to the anniversary of 9/11(how could they miss this) then those names would not have gotten into the wrong hands.

Now the Obama administration is crying fould over some names. A little too late.

Quote: Sensitive documents were missing after the attack, including documents listing the names of Libyans working with the Americans, and documents relating to oil contracts

NO some documents going missing DOES NOT GIVE REPUBLICANS the right to release those documents to the whole wide world. If you believe that with out knowing what was actually missing, who had it, and so on then you are as bad as Romney. There is no reason Republicans should be releasing names of informants across Libya and you think there is. What is wrong with you?

Again it is great to cut security funding by half a billion dollars then ask where all the security is but that is Romnesia. Clinton told Republicans that this could happen if they played politics with security and they did it anyway. You can't cut funding to education then ask why there are less teachers, you can't cut funding to PBS then ask where big bird went. Republicans love the cuts but when something happens as a result it is never their fault. No it doesn't work that way.

Edited by punked

TRUE! Obama just happened - by sheer luck - to have been the one sitting in power when the actual take-down of Bibn Laden occurred!

Bin Laden got taken out in Obama's watch. So what? That doesn't mean he can say, "There! job's done."

Al Qaeda didn't end with Bin laden.

He didn't say job done. He said we will rain down fire from the sky and continue to kill those who organize against the US. Osama died then these things happened to:

http://www.longwarjournal.org/archives/2012/09/senior_al_qaeda_lead_10.php

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/06/22/us-usa-panetta-saudi-idUSBRE85L05320120622

http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/us-strike-said-to-target-al-qaedas-no-2/2012/06/05/gJQAHTZiFV_story.html

Seriously it is like Republicans don't read the news or know what is happening around them. If this is how you make your mind you ignore all facts then you got a serious problem with your life.

here's the timeline for those lies.

Excerpt from....

Debate Win Doesn’t Matter, Obama Will Pay Price For Lies on Libya

It was following this statement that President Obama said ”No acts of terror will ever shake the resolve of this great nation, alter that character or eclipse the light of the values that we stand for.” (Entire Transcript of Speech)

In the context of the Administration statements to the public for the next two weeks it makes much more sense that these statements were in reference to either the 9/11/2001 attacks or to “terror” in a more general sense than the President calling the Libyan attacks “terrorist attacks.”

Let’s recap quickly

1) during the Rose Garden Speech, President Obama referenced and apologized for the video,

2) for two solid weeks Presidential Press Secretary Jay Carney told everyone that would listen that the attacks grew from protests about the video that turned violent,

3) Five days after the attacks U.N. Ambassador Susan Rice went on every nationally syndicated morning news show and claimed that the attacks were the result of protests about the video gone wrong,

4) nine days after the attacks President Obama told Univision that he didn’t yet know “whether the attack was a terrorist attack,”

5) two weeks after the attacks the President spoke before the United Nations and made multiple references to the cause of the attacks as a video protest spontaneously turned violent.

more.....

http://thinkingright...-lies-on-libya/

Edited by betsy

TRUE! Obama just happened - by sheer luck - to have been the one sitting in power when the actual take-down of Bibn Laden occurred!

Yah it isn't like he drew down Iraq, ramped up the war in Afghanistan and invested Billions more in tracking down people in that region or anything. It was just dumb luck. While Romney was saying we should stop the hunt and he wouldn't move heaven and earth Obama just got luck.

DO YOU EVEN HEAR YOURSELF?!?! How dumb do you think other people besides yourself are that they will take you up on Republican fantasy land instead of looking at facts. Seriously the recession he inherited is all his fault but the work he put into getting Osama all the credit goes to Bush. That is the way you want it. HYPOCRITE!

Edited by punked

This is an area where the Obama administration has developed a handy case of amnesia. They blame Bush for the economy that they inherited in 2009. But it was Bush that set up the infrastructure that made it possible to track down Osama in the first place.

Bush set up the CIA? Who knew!? ohmy.png

Yah I know what you think everything bad is Obama/Clinton's fault everything good is Bush's fault. You are what we call a HYPOCRITE! To the largest degree.

Regardless, for the Obama administration to blame Bush for the economy they inherited, then give him no credit at all for setting up the infrastructure that hunted down Osama is hypocritical. Bush had his faults and so does Obama.

Bush set up the CIA? Who knew!? ohmy.png

Their arguments don't even make sense. Nothing they are saying right now makes any sense or meshes with anything they have been saying on the economy or anything else. It is like they Romneying it right now, talking out of both sides of their mouth and lying out each. I have never seen such a collective effort to ignore all facts.

Regardless, for the Obama administration to blame Bush for the economy they inherited, then give him no credit at all for setting up the infrastructure that hunted down Osama is hypocritical. Bush had his faults and so does Obama.

Yah I think the real idea is to give Bush credit for the first 6-10 months of the economy while Obama and his team transitioned in and put their policies in place and gave them time to work. How long in the Obama presidency was the killing of Osama a long enough time to phase out those Bush policies that never killed Osama and to phase in the policies of Obama like a draw down of Iraq and a ramp up in the area of the world where Osama actually was? Yes that is the point. In fact I think that is what Obama ran on in 2008. These policies haven't gotten us Osama we need to change them. Which he did.

I mean I think it is better then Romney's not moving heaven and earth policy Bush went with for sure.

Edited by punked

This is what Sharkman supports.

Step 1: Get the facts wrong.

Step 2: Undermine long-standing relationships with your allies.

Step 3: Frequently highlight your lack of experience.

Step 4: Assemble a team of ideologues committed to endless war.

Step 5: Mistake your enemies.

[media=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-jY7ZkRqb4&feature=player_embedded][/media]

Yah it isn't like he drew down Iraq, ramped up the war in Afghanistan and invested Billions more in tracking down people in that region or anything. It was just dumb luck. While Romney was saying we should stop the hunt and he wouldn't move heaven and earth Obama just got luck.

DO YOU EVEN HEAR YOURSELF?!?! How dumb do you think other people besides yourself are that they will take you up on Republican fantasy land instead of looking at facts. Seriously the recession he inherited is all his fault but the work he put into getting Osama all the credit goes to Bush. That is the way you want it. HYPOCRITE!

Whoa. You're like popcorn popping all over the place! We're back to recession? biggrin.png

Well, to own all the credit was wrong. He did grab all the credits....like as if. Only in his own fantasyland.

I'm sure Americans aren't all that dumb.

here's the timeline for those lies.

Excerpt from....

It was following this statement that President Obama said ”No acts of terror will ever shake the resolve of this great nation, alter that character or eclipse the light of the values that we stand for.” (Entire Transcript of Speech)

In the context of the Administration statements to the public for the next two weeks it makes much more sense that these statements were in reference to either the 9/11/2001 attacks or to “terror” in a more general sense than the President calling the Libyan attacks “terrorist attacks.”

Let’s recap quickly

1) during the Rose Garden Speech, President Obama referenced and apologized for the video,

2) for two solid weeks Presidential Press Secretary Jay Carney told everyone that would listen that the attacks grew from protests about the video that turned violent,

3) Five days after the attacks U.N. Ambassador Susan Rice went on every nationally syndicated morning news show and claimed that the attacks were the result of protests about the video gone wrong,

4) nine days after the attacks President Obama told Univision that he didn’t yet know “whether the attack was a terrorist attack,”

5) two weeks after the attacks the President spoke before the United Nations and made multiple references to the cause of the attacks as a video protest spontaneously turned violent.

http://thinkingright...-lies-on-libya/

This timeline sums it up nicely. Obama can't hide from it, and no doubt Romney is going to get a lot of mileage out of it.

This timeline sums it up nicely. Obama can't hide from it, and no doubt Romney is going to get a lot of mileage out of it.

It doesn't sum up what happened at all. It doesn't sum up what your problem is at all. I see you are willing to let Republicans be wrong on all the Intel on Iraq for a year but Obama takes 2 weeks to get things right and all of a sudden he is the worst president ever.

This is crazy. Seriously. Intel takes time and is sometimes wrong. Unless have they found those WMDs?

Edited by punked

Whoa. You're like popcorn popping all over the place! We're back to recession? biggrin.png

Well, to own all the credit was wrong. He did grab all the credits....like as if. Only in his own fantasyland.

I'm sure Americans aren't all that dumb.

What are you talking about? I didn't bring up the Bush recession. I brought up the fact pilling all the blame on Obama what happened in America during the first 6 months while his policies went into place while at the same time saying he had nothing to do with something that happened after his policies have been in place for 2 years is THE RATIONALIZATION OF A CRAZY PERSON.

You want to give Bush credit fine, but don't get defensive when he gets the credit for the 5 million jobs lost in the first few months Obama was in office. You don't get to talk out of both sides of your mouth and not get called on it.

Intel does take some time, but there are basic things that you can glean from the attack immediately. That Obama immediately blamed a youtube video released in May is certainly not waiting to see what the intel says. A bad mistake compounded by repeating it over and over again while intel was showing otherwise.

Intel does take some time, but there are basic things that you can glean from the attack immediately. That Obama immediately blamed a youtube video released in May is certainly not waiting to see what the intel says. A bad mistake compounded by repeating it over and over again while intel was showing otherwise.

No they waited to see what the Intel said on Sept 15th I notice your timeline doesn't have this CIA wire that went to Rice and the Admin

“The currently available information suggests that the demonstrations in Benghazi were spontaneously inspired by the protests at the U.S. Embassy in Cairo and evolved into a direct assault against the U.S. Consulate and subsequently its annex. There are indications that extremists participated in the violent demonstrations.”

THAT IS THE INTEL.

Yes sometime it takes time to get it right, sometimes the Intel is wrong (WMDs) I notice though you are only willing to hold one President to your standard and give another a pass. That is what HYPOCRITES do.

I am sure my pointing out how wrong you are on the Intel wont phase you though you have a case of Romnesia where facts don't matter, you can just make them up as you go along.

"Please proceed governor"

Edited by punked