Signature Rules, An Overview

Greg

• Forum Admin

Ok, just to review the new rules relating to signatures:

• New members can only edit/add a signature after they have posted a minimum of 10 postings
  • No images are allowed in signatures
  • Only 1 URL is allowed in a signature
  • Only 6 lines MAX are allowed in a signature
  • No YouTube videos are allowed in a signature

Please review your current signature, and ensure your signature does not conflict with these rules.

Guest American Woman

I would also recommend not allowing extremely large / red / prominent text in signatures. A function to selectively ignore only specific poster's signatures would also be nice.

There is an option to do that - there's an X to the right of the sig lines in posts that you can click or you can do it under your profile settings using the "ignore preferences" option.

Guest American Woman

There is an option to do that - there's an X to the right of the sig lines in posts that you can click (you have to mouse over the area to make it visible) or you can do it under your profile settings using the "ignore preferences" option.

• Forum Admin

Perhaps also ban personal attacks in signatures.

Personal attacks are already against the rules, so it would be redundant to specifically mention it in the sig rules.

Greg I think you have to edit your own signature.

Touché! But then again, I'm the Forum Admin, so I get to break the rules from time to time wink.png

• 3 weeks later...
Guest American Woman

Personal attacks are already against the rules, so it would be redundant to specifically mention it in the sig rules.

What about in status updates? - Are insults and/or personal attacks against the rules same as on the board, or is that more or less anything goes?

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...

UPDATE

Markup (i.e., HTML or BBcode or whatever) is not permitted in signatures.

If you have markup in your signatures, I will be deleting them without warning. Posting forum quotes is the most common instance of this.

Ch. A.

I deleted mine in response to original post. I had a link to a mental hospital in mine.

• 3 years later...
12 hours ago, Jack ma ma said:

I don't know how to do. I'm new. My english is not very good !

Welcome to MLW Jack ma ma. We don't use signatures any more here. Even if your English is not very good, you can still post in the various forums. Looking forward to your posts.

12 hours ago, Jack ma ma said:

I don't know how to do. I'm new. My english is not very good !

Just use the box where you put the reason for an edit.  It takes a little more effort, but the effect can be interesting.

• Greg unpinned this topic