McGuinty Resigns as Premier of Ontario

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just heard it on-line.

http://www.thestar.c...cguinty-resigns

I wasn't expecting such news this evening.

Ontario Parliament is prorogued.

Is he thinking of battling it out with Justin Trudeau for Federal Liberal leadership? Because that would be the Conservative parties dream.

Edited by MiddleClassCentrist

Yaaaaaayyyyyyy! laugh.png

I wouldn't be celebrating just yet... If they put someone charismatic in, Hudak won't be able to compete... Oh who am I kidding hahah. Who the hell would WANT to take over the Provincial Liberals at this stage.

Proroguing government just prior to his departure? Yes, he swindled ontario tax dollars (typical liberal) and will now not need to "pay the piper". He accomplished NADDA. Typical liberal. No disclosure, complete lack of transparency and NO accountability. The unions and union workers who backed him should be ashamed and repent.

Sickening... Simply sickening... And now he's getting on the fast boat to timbucktoo... I hope he faces charges..

Stop playing with words. Look at the situation as it's reported. This is NOT a tory/pc issue. Investigations, hiding documents etc.etc. We don't need your "partisan" politics with all of these issues now on the horizon. YES, no accountability...

Quebec, ontario, bc, federal libs.... All crooks and BUSTED!

Wonder if the left will cry about him proroguing parliament - dry.png

Provincial Liberals are dead in the water. What would an alternative be?

If Harper prorogued to step down, I wouldn't be against that. But he prorogued to avoid backlash.

First of all, Dalton can't prorogue because the other two parties are against it. The Tories don't want to stop the government from working, especially going after the Liberals on all their messes they have created. Dalton will still be there for another 6-8 months before a new leader can be named. So were does that leave Ontarians? Some don't anything good to say about Hudak and other don't care for the NDP. Ontario we have a mess! Last night, I told someone don't be surprised if he quits, he has too many things against him and Hudak is out for blood.

I've just completed an automated phone survey by Forum Research regarding my voting intentions should an election be called in Ontario. Of course, the first question was wether I was aware that McGuinty had resigned-which I was.

McGuinty left under a cloud and smells of XL tainted meat. The federal Liberals better not touch him with a ten foot pole cause he's done like dinner...an e.coli dinner. Yuck!

So now, with the Legislature prorogued the question is what is the mechanism for an election be called?

This is great news but it's pretty shitty that he prorogued government. There's plenty of stuff the House wants to do.

It could take months to find a leader. Does this mean no legislation will be passed or even voted until the Spring? That'll be horrible for Ontario.

When Harper did it the first time it was right after an election to save his party from the coalition. The second time I'm not sure why he did it. The only reason I can think of is that he didn't want the House sitting while he was in BC for the Olympics.

But in this case he's forcing the Province to wait until the party has their shit together before they face the electorate. Whoever decides to lead this party will have to face the electorate the first second he sits as leader.

McGuinty left under a cloud and smells of XL tainted meat. The federal Liberals better not touch him with a ten foot pole cause he's done like dinner...an e.coli dinner. Yuck!

What does the Harper government's cuts to the CFIA and subsequent Alberta tainted beef have to do with McGuinty?

Edited by BubberMiley