2012 debates

This is a good point that I'm surprised has gone largely ignored so far.

This is a good point that I'm surprised has gone largely ignored so far.

You have to know your shit to pick on that stuff but as far as I can see Romney's new found support for the world court is bad bad news for Bush. That Romney is just doing the whole Romnesia I lie about everything thing. Although I find it disgusting that Romney would even use this to try and muddy the waters after the US's clear hate of the world court has been shown time and time again. The court wants to have Bush on trail and has for a long time.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/09/03/world/europe/tutu-says-bush-and-blair-should-face-court-over-iraq.html

• Replies 596
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You have to know your shit to pick on that stuff but as far as I can see Romney's new found support for the world court is bad bad news for Bush. That Romney is just doing the whole Romnesia I lie about everything thing. Although I find it disgusting that Romney would even use this to try and muddy the waters after the US's clear hate of the world court has been shown time and time again. The court wants to have Bush on trail and has for a long time.

http://www.nytimes.c...-over-iraq.html

It's a clear case of Romney saying whatever the hell he thinks people want to hear. It doesn't mean he supports the World Court. He'll just be a complete hypocrite about it. Looking to have America's enemies tried, while refusing to defer to the court when it involves their allies. He's a hypocrite and a liar and just tells people what they want to hear in any given situation.

It's a clear case of Romney saying whatever the hell he thinks people want to hear. It doesn't mean he supports the World Court. He'll just be a complete hypocrite about it. Looking to have America's enemies tried, while refusing to defer to the court when it involves their allies. He's a hypocrite and a liar and just tells people what they want to hear in any given situation.

The thing is that it doesn't solve the problem with Iran in the least. It is Iran's policies that are the problem, policies Iran's people support, not Iran's leaders. It is insane.

After last night I find Mitt scary. He is clueless.

Well I'm being very specific which part of the Apology Tour comment I'm talking about. It's the part about Obama skipping Israel in his mid-east tour! CNN brought that up in their analysis and no one said it didn't happen! Did he or did he not go to Israel when he did his mid-east tour? Answer please.

Tell me there's no Obama-Netanyahu tension.....tell me Obama didn't find it more important to sit with david Letterman than meet with an Isareli pM who's seeking to have an audience with him! There you go - just shows you what - and who - Obama's priorities are! HOLLYWOOD! biggrin.png

Good point. Obama did not visit Israel during his 2 day trip.

In comparison Dubya made sure that he never visited the middle east without going to Israel. When he spent 4 days in the middle east in 2003 he went to Egypt, Jordan, Israel and Qatar. (except that he didn't go to Israel. In fact in Bush's first 7 years he never went to Israel - going to 108 other countries first - despite going to the middle east pretty damn often. And Daddy Bush and uncle Ronny didn't go to Israel at all when President.)

Edited by Wayward Son

Good point. Obama did not visit Israel during his 2 day trip.

In comparison Dubya made sure that he never visited the middle east without going to Israel. When he spent 4 days in the middle east in 2003 he went to Egypt, Jordan, Israel and Qatar. (except that he didn't go to Israel. In fact in Bush's first 7 years he never went to Israel - going to 108 other countries first - despite going to the middle east pretty damn often. And Daddy Bush and uncle Ronny didn't go to Israel at all when President.)

Nope it doesn't count when a Republican does it because he isn't a Black man is what you will hear from the posters on this forum like betsey.

For Romney, it didn't end well enough. It wasn't a game changing debate

This comment still makes me burst out laughing. It's like the Iraqi information minister back in the day. As the polling indicates, the first debate certainly WAS a game changing debate. However, I don't expect most Obama fanboys to ever admit it. Their heads would probably explode if they did.

Romney did another great job of tearing down the caricature that the Obama campaign has worked so hard developing over the last several months. He did it in the first debate, and now the last. It really was brilliant.

I don't even know what you are talking about, that's how ridiculous you sound.

oh. good. i'm glad we have one of romney's inside people telling us what he really meant. when you see romney next time, could you ask him why he didn't say mediterranean instead of sea? because it looks like he thinks iran is landlocked and has no access to the sea and that their aspirations to take over the world through the seas goes through syria.

Why didn't Obama ask him that? Romney was sitting right beside him when he said that.biggrin.png

Edited by betsy

It doesn't matter because it isn't true. How does Iran get the stuff to Syria in the first place? The go threw Iraq or Turkey two nations that hate them? No they put it on a ship and sail it to Syria? If they already put it on a ship then the Suez Canal would be their route to the sea and Egypt would be the place to go through. Maybe Romney talking crap about Egypt all the time isn't such a good idea then is it? He doesn't even know where the places over there are on a map. That is quite clear by this statement.

I guess Obama doesn't know either....he didn't notice anything amiss. biggrin.png

You'd think the onus is more on Obama to show Romney doesn't know squat about foreign policy - and yet Obama didn't correct Romney on his geography? How could Obama missed that opportunity to whack Romney good by showing he doesn't know the mid-east? Must be daydreaming about Jay Leno! biggrin.png

Edited by betsy

That or he knew it such a stupid statement that he used his time to talk to the voters about his plan. It is so stupid to act like Mitt Romney knowing nothing reflects bad on Obama. Who are you? Are you 6 years old?

Obama doesn't have any plans to talk about. He's ducked gettin specific for months now.

If you want to know who really won the debate, you won't find it on that scripted, tightly managed show that the Duopoly puts on every four years since they took control of managing the debates from the League of Women Voters. The real debate was between four third party candidates, who have all been shut out by major media, even though their parties are on the ballot in enough states to theoretically win the election.....which used to be the benchmark for including a third party candidate under the old debate rules.