Dexter the most unpopular premier in Canada

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

John Hamm had a natural gas price of 15 dollars a unit. Dexter has one at 1 dollar a unit. He got 800 million from natural gas a year now the NS government takes in 30 million from natural gas. I will now point out thAt last year Dexter for only the 7th time in 60 years that money has been put against the debt was 30 million last year by the Dexter government. I am sorry but it seems like you are just repeated ing opposition talking points instead of learning the facts for yourself.

Link to an article.

Nova Scotia this third from the bottom in single person average income, $20,000, while paying the highest taxes in Canada. That just about says it.

Look, a citation!:

http://www.statcan.gc.ca/tables-tableaux/sum-som/l01/cst01/famil108d-eng.htm

Edited by Cameron

Link to an article, not your thoughts.

Nova Scotia this third from the bottom in single person average income, $20,000, while paying the highest taxes in Canada. That just about says it.

Look, a citation!:

http://www.statcan.gc.ca/tables-tableaux/sum-som/l01/cst01/famil108d-eng.htm

But that is the this how do you want that measured. Yes NS has one of the highest top income tax rates Canada bit it also has a higher threshold for the bottom income tax rate as well as the NDP increased many tax exemptions as well as upped the refunds. The HAT also pays a role however in PEI when both half of sales taxes are added together it is higher. You don't pay hat o power or heat which is different then NB. It really depends on what you want to look at. So what do you want to look at?

John Hamm had a natural gas price of 15 dollars a unit. Dexter has one at 1 dollar a unit. He got 800 million from natural gas a year now the NS government takes in 30 million from natural gas. I will now point out thAt last year Dexter for only the 7th time in 60 years that money has been put against the debt was 30 million last year by the Dexter government. I am sorry but it seems like you are just repeated ing opposition talking points instead of learning the facts for yourself.

There are tough times all around but if you want to compare apples to apple's please go back and see where Hamm revenue came from. Natural gas which is done in NS Fraking in the US flooded the market and NS starting 2008 had a 500 million dollar hole in the budget. Who do you think the NDP are cutting education budgets? You need to get informed friend.

Fracking was never done in NS, it was offshore NG. There was a $500 million hole in 2008 and now there is still a $250 million dollar hole. Stellar work by the NDP. Hamm enjoyed high NG prices for some of his term(s). Here is a chart http://www.theglobeandmail.com/globe-investor/markets/indexes/chart/?q=NG-FT

BTW, do you live in NS?

They are cutting budgets to balance the books. But it's hard to swallow when they give millions to companies to "keep them alive" in NS. We shouldn't be doing that when you are running a deficit. We went though this with DEVCO and SYSCO and it got us nowhere. Those plants are now empty fields.

Edited by Cameron

Fracking was never done in NS, it was offshore NG. There was a $500 million hole in 2008 and now there is still a $250 million dollar hole. Stellar work by the NDP. Hamm enjoyed high NG prices for some of his term(s). Here is a chart http://www.theglobeandmail.com/globe-investor/markets/indexes/chart/?q=NG-FT

BTW, do you live in NS?

They are cutting budgets to balance the books. But it's hard to swallow when they give millions to companies to "keep them alive" in NS. We shouldn't be doing that when you are running a deficit. We went though this with DEVCO and SYSCO and it got us nowhere. Those plants are now empty fields.

No fracking in the US made for cheep cheep natural gas. You know the only resource besides trees NS has left? So because the bottom fell out of the basket in NS and they had millions and millions less then the PCs because natural gas is super cheep. When revenue from one source (nat gas) just dries up over night and costs some 700 million in tax revenue of course your province is going to suffer. I don't live in NS, although family does. I am just telling you what they tell me all the time.

Edited by punked

this is just a distorted poll. the two best premiers in canada are dexter in NS and Selinger in MB. look at how manitoba is BOOMING under a progressive NDP government. That's what will happen to canada after 2015. finally.

Lol. The NDP will never be strong in Ontario. How do you plan to win without Ontario? First you have to prove that Mulclair can hold onto Quebec and that it wasn't a fluke. Ontario went almost all blue because of the NDP threat.

I'd like to see PM Harper name himself PM for life. He is the best PM we've ever had in our lifetime.

Edited by Mr.Canada