US Ambassador to Libya killed in attacks

Now this is an interesting turn of events.

Apparently a film shown in Egypt and Libya was directed and produced by the Quran Burner himself Pastor Terry Jones.

http://abcnews.go.com/International/egyptians-flood-us-embassy-protest-anti-islam-film/story?id=17211455#.UFB6U1Fpk99

An American State Department employee was killed in Benghazi, Libya, today, when Libyans stormed the U.S. consulate, angry about a U.S. movie reportedly linked to controversial Pastor Terry Jones.

Anger over the film that some believe insults the Prophet Muhammad also led to protests in Cairo, where demonstrators climbed the walls of the U.S. embassy, took down the American flag and replaced it with a black flag.

This was an obvious move to politically motivate and stir the pot overseas. I mean we know Pastor Jones created a stink in Florida with the Quran burning, but now showing a film with what it seems are depictions of Quran burning. I am guessing there is something more to these events ... also that black flag they are raising is possibly the flag of Al-Queda.

So NATO helps the rebels in both Egypt and Libya, which have elements of Al-queda. Jones is not taking any blame or responsibility for his obvious provocation actions. So, if he wants to take a serious look at violent Islam, maybe he should try a different approach.

Now because of the showing, two embassies were attacked, one in Cairo and the other in Benghazi and one US citizen was killed.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-19570254

www.cnn.com/2012/09/12/world/africa/libya-us-ambassador-killed/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

http://www.cnn.com/2012/09/12/world/africa/libya-us-ambassador-killed/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

Jones says he is not responsible for their actions, but yet making a film critical of Islam provoking the unstable conditions in both Egypt and Libya got Americans killed.

WTF.

• Replies 646
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jones says he is not responsible for their actions, but yet making a film critical of Islam provoking the unstable conditions in both Egypt and Libya got Americans killed.

That's on the people that did the killing not the film mater. No matter how reprehensible this film was, it doesn't justify this.

People make insulting "art" directed at Christians and Jews all the time but this never happens.

I bet a great majority of the people in these protests have never even seen the video. They just hear "Insulting Mohamed" and the riot switch turns on.

Edited by Boges

That's on the people that did the killing not the film mater. No matter how reprehensible this film was, it doesn't justify this.

People make insulting "art" directed at Christians and Jews all the time but this never happens.

I bet a great majority of the people in these protests have never even seen the video. They just hear "Insulting Mohamed" and the riot switch turns on.

Kind of like how people hear 'Islam is bad' and act the way they do. What Jones is doing is enticing the violence. He knows that if he insults them they will start some violence.

This is a deliberate attempt to stir the pot.

Kind of like how people hear 'Islam is bad' and act the way they do. What Jones is doing is enticing the violence. He knows that if he insults them they will start some violence.

So we should treat a large portion of the world like children that can't control their anger?

I'm not defending what this guy did. All I'm saying is the blame for these deaths are the fault of the rioters and the rioters only.

We saw this whole thing before with the Danish cartoons that caused similar reactions.

Edited by Boges

And how long has that movie been out? And did I hear the the TO film festival gave a award to a film with a women holding a statue of mary while doing herself with a cross. Well guess what the catholics are not killing and attacking and burning buildings down.

Edited by PIK

And how long has that movie been out? And did I hear the the TO film festival gave a award to a film with a women holding a statue of mary while doing herself with a cross. Well guess what the catholics are not killing and attacking and burning buildings down.

Yeah but Christians deserve it. Muslims are oppressed people. :rolleyes:

It seems like that Americans has got their reward for supporting those "theocratic democracy" in Middle East.

The "universal value" of democracy is a lie which is created by all sorts of political-correct books's writers and ammunition makers.

Let's review how (or the sequence of) the modern democracy was established in Europe:

Phase 1. At first, during known as the Mediaeval period, Europeans were no better than those head-hooding theocratics today---all of them had the tendency to burn anyone desecrating their holy books at the stake;

Phase 2. then, the mundane autarchy rised and weakened the power of theocracy, and forced the theocrats to reform their holy stuff into moderate modern religions and away from politics for survival;

Phase 3. and then the democrats kicked their kings's asses and established the modern democratic systems.

The phase 2 is a vital premise to phase 3. Without weakening theocracy first, what would come out if those mediaeval Europeans went in polling boothes?

So we should treat a large portion of the world like children that can't control their anger?

I'm not defending what this guy did. All I'm saying is the blame for these deaths are the fault of the rioters and the rioters only.

We saw this whole thing before with the Danish cartoons that caused similar reactions.

I agree with this. Sometimes, Muslims are their own worst enemies.

The Muslim Brotherhood isn't so-called western backed.

I think he's referring to the likes of Ghadafi, Mumbarak, Assad etc. Also the west backed the Mujahadeen movement in Afghanistan when they were fighting the USSR.

The thing about Secular dictators is that at least they don't persecute people based on their religious beliefs like the Mulsim Brotherhood types.

Edited by Boges

What?

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-503544_162-57510951-503544/did-the-u.s-apologize-for-the-cairo-embassy-attack/

Also Tuesday, Secretary of State Hillary Clinton echoed some of the tone of the Cairo Embassy's statement, but at the start of her official statement condemned "in the strongest terms" the attacks in Benghazi.

Clinton said: "Some have sought to justify this vicious behavior as a response to inflammatory material posted on the Internet. The United States deplores any intentional effort to denigrate the religious beliefs of others. Our commitment to religious tolerance goes back to the very beginning of our nation. But let me be clear: There is never any justification for violent acts of this kind."

I still don't see your point. I see one side acting lime you expect a president to act and the other side acting like children. This is what got the US into Iraq and cost the them 3 Trillion dollars and more importantly American lives 10 years ago.

I still don't see your point. I see one side acting lime you expect a president to act and the other side acting like children. This is what got the US into Iraq and cost the them 3 Trillion dollars and more importantly American lives 10 years ago.

How is this comparable to the Iraq situation?

And we should send him to Libya in order explain himself, no need to for innocent people to die for his 15min of fame.

The thing about Secular dictators is that at least they don't persecute people based on their religious beliefs like the Mulsim Brotherhood types.

Say what? They persecute people for any and all reasons, including religious beliefs. Or are you forgetting about Saddam's persecution of Shiites or Assad's persecution of the Sunni majority.

Say what? They persecute people for any and all reasons, including religious beliefs. Or are you forgetting about Saddam's persecution of Shiites or Assad's persecution of the Sunni majority.

Don't forget the Kurds Saddam hated those peoples to based on who they were and what religion they followed. Iran also persecute s based on religion.