Syrian Civil War

nice one - beauty! You charge forward showing you have zero knowledge in this matter in the foundations of legality... you know, just being you! Your save face attempt is glaringly evident. Like I said, you should have gone with Stallone!

Saying it was "illegal" is just hyperbole.

No, they didn't help them use chemical weapons against the Kurds.

free information is being given to you on this board. in fact, i think you responded to the thread where it's shown that u.s. helped saddam gas his own people and the iranians. here, have a look at this:

u.s. helped saddam use chemical weapons against his own people and the iranians

Edited by bud

free information is being given to you on this board. in fact, i think you responded to the thread where it's shown that u.s. helped saddam gas his own people and the iranians. here, have a look at this:

u.s. helped saddam use chemical weapons against his own people and the iranians

I'll be more apt to believe it when actual real news organizations report on such information. Because, there's absolutely no motive for the CIA to want to gas the Kurds.

Foreign Policy is not exactly some radical journal.

Anyway, I didn't read it as that the CIA wanted to gas the Kurds. (Perhaps the Iranians, yes.)

Only that they and the Reagan administration didn't give a rat's ass.

Isn't that what you want from America now? To stay out of things, regarding Syria?

I note that any criticism of America (especially that sainted little gangster, Reagan) forces you off the subject and onto other posters.

It's all you got when the Emperor is exposed as naked.

I don't get it, so a gangster is somebody that doesn't intervene right away?

You can keep talking to yourself, and inventing my stance for me all you like.

Thread hijack noted. "Stop criticizing the United States!" :)

I'm not talking to myself. I'm trying to figure out your pretzel like positions. You're not making any sense. I guess you're just on the side of the dictator, and against the Americans, no matter what the scenario. It's fairlly typical of the far leftwing.

I'm not talking to myself. I'm trying to figure out your pretzel like positions. You're not making any sense. I guess you're just on the side of the dictator, and against the Americans, no matter what the scenario. It's fairlly typical of the far leftwing.

These positions are not pretzel-like. They're very simple and straightforward; U.S., Israel or any Western interest bad, any position inimical to Western interests, good.

These positions are not pretzel-like. They're very simple and straightforward; U.S., Israel or any Western interest bad, any position inimical to Western interests, good.

Not at all. Some people are objective and look critically at both sides, even if one of them is the west, or even if its their own government.

The world you live in is basically a fantasy sports league where your teams can do no wrong... All the calls against them are unfair... all their behavior is just and righteous. And everything the other side does is evil.

Im jealous in a way... It would be fun, and really simple to think like that... The problem is Id have to revert to a mental state that I havent had since grade 3.

Foreign Policy is not exactly some radical journal.

Anyway, I didn't read it as that the CIA wanted to gas the Kurds. (Perhaps the Iranians, yes.)

Only that they and the Reagan administration didn't give a rat's ass.

I think at that point Saddam represented a pliable and easy to deal with leader in the region even if he was nuts. Sorta like the Saudi Royal Family is today. They may have not specifically wanted Kurds or Iranians to die in chemical attacks but they wanted "their guy" to be a regional power which meant his interests to some extent became theirs.

They backed Saddam against Iran simply because it was a chance to replace an uncooperative regime with one that would cooperate.

Edited by dre

I'll be more apt to believe it when actual real news organizations report on such information. Because, there's absolutely no motive for the CIA to want to gas the Kurds.

you need to improve your attention span. the CIA is admitting that the documents released, which are all in the link provided, are real and they are not denying this information. i'm assuming you missed another opportunity to learn about the situation. have a look, the copy of the CIA documents are right there for you to see.

Isn't that what you want from America now? To stay out of things, regarding Syria?

there is a difference between staying out of the syrian civil war and what u.s. did in iraq. which was giving coordinates and locations of where the iranians were, knowing that saddam was going to use its chemical weapons. this happened several times.

Edited by bud

Not at all. Some people are objective and look critically at both sides, even if one of them is the west, or even if its their own government.

The world you live in is basically a fantasy sports league where your teams can do no wrong... All the calls against them are unfair... all their behavior is just and righteous. And everything the other side does is evil.

Im jealous in a way... It would be fun, and really simple to think like that... The problem is Id have to revert to a mental state that I havent had since grade 3.

You have me wrong. I have a side and proudly support it.

But doesn't citizenship imply some degree of support for your country's values and mission?

His statement was a de-facto declaration that he was above mere 'sides'. A god, if you were. Looking down upon the ants from upon high whilst thinking serious thoughts. Very Nietzsche-esque.

:P

the-thinker.jpg

No, they didn't help them use chemical weapons against the Kurds. But if they had, then bringing Saddam to justice and ending such relationship would be correcting a mistake.

Holding those accountable in the USA would be correcting a mistake as well.

It could be said, that Canada is helping prop up a dictatorial murderous regime by dealing with Cuba. Where's your outrage about that? Or do you donate to the keep Castro in power fund by vacationing there like many other Canadians?

WTF Shady. WTF.

I take no pleasure in ignoring 99% of your post, but I'm doing it anyway. I stopped right here. I explained what I meant. You came back with this ignorant response about me so I won't be wasting any more time on this with you except to say, no, I'm not flatly mistaken. I'm totally correct. Now seriously. Try responding to what I say instead of coming back with this 'you're twisting in the wind - again' drama/personal crap.

LOL.

But doesn't citizenship imply some degree of support for your country's values and mission?

No I either support or dont support things my country does based on what I think about those things. And the real responsibility of citizenship is not to slavishly tow the governments line.

In the short term of course any sitting government would love to have a populace consisting of nothing but nationalistic, patriotic, drones. But thats not healthy for a nation in the long term.

Edited by dre

How'd that go for "ze Germans" in your opinion?

I'd have been happier to have a few dissenters wouldn't you?

Thats the problem.... government have become experts at exploiting nationalism and patriotism. When taken too far these things are a form of mental retardation that dumbs down a populace and makes them easily lead to do pretty much anything.