Colorado Shooting during the Dark Knight Rises

• Replies 555
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My heart goes out to the family's and friends this degenerated psycho hurt.

As far as gun control goes...

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

Its black and white folks. In the United States of America we do not ban the right to purchase/obtain, and use firearms. To do so would violate a core principle of our country.

Actually, your country does. Some weapons are illegal.

Among developed countries, a fear of its own government that requires its citizens to arm themselves seems to be an American peculiarity.

Actually, it started with a "fear" of your government...but that didn't last long. Now the government fears an armed citizenry.

Edited by bush_cheney2004

Whatever. I guess that is a basic difference between Americans and Canadians. Your relationship with your government requires guns, ours doesn't.

We The People....don't live to serve the "government" or monarchy. The relationship is based on individual liberty and enumerated rights. You guys eventually got some in writing too.

There are a lot of guns in Canada.

Edited by bush_cheney2004

The relationship is based on individual liberty and enumerated rights. You guys eventually got some in writing too.

There are a lot of guns in Canada.

Yes we do and yes there are but the guns aren't part of the relationship. You won't hear a Canadian say he needs to be armed to instill fear in his government, the next election will do just fine.

Yes we do and yes there are but the guns aren't part of the relationship. You won't hear a Canadian say he needs to be armed to instill fear in his government, the next election will do just fine.

That's because Canadians didn't have direct control of your government or head of state, let alone its own constitution until 1982.

Wasn't the Saskatchwan Seal Hunt a classic Talking to Americans skit?

Yes.

I would love Rick Mercer to try that idiotic stunt on me. I'd cut him to ribbons, on the air.

Whatever floats your boat.

It's not my boat...firearms are inseparable from the history of the United States and the American experience. They were the tools of subsistence, rebellion, conquest, expansion, and civil war. It is only appropriate that firearms rights differentiate Canada from the USA.

We The People....don't live to serve the "government" or monarchy. The relationship is based on individual liberty and enumerated rights. You guys eventually got some in writing too.

Ok then,don't pay your taxes and see how much your guns will help protect you!

Big difference between talking big and actually putting those words into practice.

Oh and by the way,keep paying your taxes and do not point your guns at anyone or your government will smoke you!

WWWTT

Guest American Woman

Yes.

I would love Rick Mercer to try that idiotic stunt on me. I'd cut him to ribbons, on the air.

You'd never make it on the air - only the stupid responses are aired. The whole point is to make Americans look stupid, so of course only those who give stupid answers are on the program.

Edited by American Woman

Guest Manny

You'd never make it on the air - only the stupid responses are aired. The whole point is to make Americans look stupid, so of course only those who give stupid answers are on the program.

AKA "comedy"...

at least you're better prepared now that your misunderstanding of Canada's flag has been corrected, hey? Oh wait... has Rick Mercer ever been to Ajax Ontariariario!

It was the adoption of a party's logo as the flag that was deplorable, and the unrequited effort to appease one disloyal group.

utter nonsense! Flag proposals existed in many forms through a decades lead-up to Pearson's final initiative... there are historical websites that clearly show variants of flag proposals from the 30's and 40's that included some manner of the maple-leaf. From the Canadian Heritage website:

there is also no shortage of historical material related to the 'great Canadian flag debate'. Through all of what I've just read this past while, I've not read a single reference to any raised concern over the, as you say, "adoption of a party's logo"... which kind of leads me pondering just when was the red-maple leaf incorporated into the Liberal party through the many logo variants its had over the years. Should we also highlight that the official logo of the Conservative party also includes a red-maple leaf, hey?

one flag debate item that consistently shows up is over color - the red of the maple-leaf... apparently, concerns relative to the Liberal party color. However, from the same Heritage Canada website:

... and as a final rebuke to your nonsense,
... with the blue bars intended to signify 'from sea to sea'.

I mostly like Mercer but didn't like those skits because I had a similar feeling about them.