Colorado Shooting during the Dark Knight Rises

• Replies 555
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Derek L

yup - dredging up a post exchange... and quoting it... to tout your claimed 'chasing me out of a thread'. Sweet!

And does it not counter your claim of my dreams?

Guest Derek L

yup - dredging up a post exchange... and quoting it... to tout your claimed 'chasing me out of a thread'. Sweet!

To add, you commentating on bringing up “post exchanges”........NOW THATS GOLD

To add, you commentating on bringing up “post exchanges”........NOW THATS GOLD

yes, as stated, the 'GOLD' is reading you dredge up a post exchange and quote it to sooth your ruffled anonymous ego... notwithstanding your own self-serving aggrandization.

Guest Derek L

yes, as stated, the 'GOLD' is reading you dredge up a post exchange and quote it to sooth your ruffled anonymous ego... notwithstanding your own self-serving aggrandization.

anonymous ego? self-serving aggrandization? Coming from you......Waldo? :lol:

Quick, add more insults and indents ;)

No, it's too late. You can try to outlaw it or ban it, but at this point it's like trying to outlaw and ban weed. Good luck, but all those semi-automatic weapons won't disappear overnight.

So we have the reality we have now, and the ones to blame aren't just the nutbars but also the NRA types who have facilitated access to those weapons. Some day you'll learn that.

Sure we can ignore the whole Fast and Furious operation in which Holder is in hot water. We have the US government gun running to Mexico, only to find these weapons crossing back across the border and being used by gangs in the US.

If you want to talk about facilitating this kind of violence, look no further than the government.

More cries for gun control, gun bans, ect ect ect .....

If Colorado had strict, New York type gun regulations, it would have been even less likely that a law-abiding person would have been armed and able to take him down. That is a major argument against gun control.

For every occasion where a bystander stops a violent attack by using their gun there are ten where the increase in the number of guns being carried around by untrained people cause death and injury.

Edited by Argus

For every occasion where a bystander stops a violent attack by using their gun there are ten where the increase in the number of guns being carried around by untrained people cause death and injury.

Christ, yes, these people take movies way too seriously.

The vigilante hero theme sounds pretty deadly when you think on it rationally.

Edited by bleeding heart

Are you suggesting that there have and or will be 400000 gun crimes in Canada, caused by legal gun owners, suffering from mental illness?

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/delusional

I'm suggesting you have no clue what you're talking about...
ig·no·rant/ˈignərənt/

Adjective:

Lacking knowledge or awareness in general; uneducated or unsophisticated.

Lacking knowledge, information, or awareness about something in particular: "ignorant of astronomy".

Guest American Woman

http://ca.news.yahoo.com/evidence-shows-months-calculation-ahead-colorado-shooting-police-011346115.html The reports are they this guy planned this for the last four months. He bought 6000 rounds on -line but the guns were bought at a shop. I would really like to know what that shop owner is thinking right now and what they were thinking when a he bought 3-4 guns? The shop owners have to take some responsibilty in this.

They don't have to take any responsibility for a legal gun sale. Do you think the LCBO has to take some responsibility for every drunk driver who buys alcohol in Ontario ?

Guest Derek L

So's this. The inconvenience gun control regulations cause gun owners.

And this is for shooting down police helicopters

I don’t need anything like that…….yet

Classic.

Guest Derek L

I'm suggesting you have no clue what you're talking about...

Hey, you're the one farting out statistics and numbers........ Again:

Are you suggesting that there have and or will be 400000 gun crimes in Canada, caused by legal gun owners, suffering from mental illness?

I like to know where the guy got the money for all the weapons, the armour, the the material to booby-trap his apartment and how and when did he learn how to do it? It seems a lot of stuff to buy and to do for one medical student going to school and again, why did he go to all the trouble of the apartment , just to tell the police of the danger? If he wanted to kill and kill, his apartment would have killed more as soon as someone open the door, something doesn't seem right.

I like to know where the guy got the money for all the weapons, the armour, the the material to booby-trap his apartment and how and when did he learn how to do it? It seems a lot of stuff to buy and to do for one medical student going to school

Student loans?

and again, why did he go to all the trouble of the apartment , just to tell the police of the danger? If he wanted to kill and kill, his apartment would have killed more as soon as someone open the door, something doesn't seem right.

Maybe after actually killing people, he came to his senses, realized what a douche bag he is, and confessed so as to prevent any more deaths?

Memory has beaten pride?

“Memory says, 'I did that.' Pride replies, 'I could not have done that.' Eventually, memory yields.”

― Friedrich Nietzsche

No, we'll have to wait for his plea before coming to this conclusion: memory has time yet to yield.

Guest American Woman

I like to know where the guy got the money for all the weapons, the armour, the the material to booby-trap his apartment and how and when did he learn how to do it? It seems a lot of stuff to buy and to do for one medical student going to school and again, why did he go to all the trouble of the apartment , just to tell the police of the danger? If he wanted to kill and kill, his apartment would have killed more as soon as someone open the door, something doesn't seem right.

His mind doesn't seem right. As I pointed out last time you raised this point - perhaps he enjoyed the thrill of seeing if the police could un-booby trap the apartment. He thought he was the Joker. He's obviously not right in the head. Edited by American Woman

His mind doesn't seem right...

...He's obviously not right in the head.

No, the poor guy. I hope they're able to treat his mental illness.

In the meantime we know with certainty that another 1 in 5 human beings will also suffer a mental illness or incapacity in their lifetime and millions of these will continue to have free access to legally obtainable high-powered guns. Unless we do something about it we also know with certainty that at least some of them are going to commit mass public shootings with them. The numbers of casualties, killed and injured during these increasingly un-rare events are starting to approach the hundreds and thousands if you count family members, friends and communities that suffer the obviously deep psychological trauma these events cause.

I suppose one way to prevent mass shootings is to either prevent human beings from massing together in any one place but that's probably as impossible as prohibiting guns. I do however think that technologies could be developed that make guns safe around humans such GPS systems that; track guns enroute from public/private armouries to predetermined destinations such as a hunting area or shooting range, trigger locks that unlock only when the gun arrives at that destination and tracking systems that alert authorities if a gun that's in transit to a stated destination heads towards or into a designated gun-free public area.

I'm quite certain the technology to do any of these things has already been on the shelf for years but that the hardest thing to achieve will be passing laws that require storage in registered facilities and that designate areas that are to be officially gun-free.

Unless we do something about it we also know with certainty that at least some of them are going to commit mass public shootings with them.
There are many situations were we make conscious decisions to live with the risk rather than live with the restrictions on freedom that come with him. For example, a much better case could be made for incarceration of alcoholic pregnant women that refuse to abort and refuse stop drinking since the harm caused by fetal alcohol syndrome fare exceeds that of the occasional psycho killer. However, the freedom to poison your unborn child is deemed more important.

There are many situations were we make conscious decisions to live with the risk rather than live with the restrictions on freedom that come with him(it?).

Yes but this is one were the proposed restrictions are becoming more reasonable not less.