Colorado Shooting during the Dark Knight Rises

This is exactly why we shouldn't allow for ccw and the citizenry to take things in to their own hands. The patrons there were lucky that the guy with the gun didn't start shooting back at them and the shooter was lucky he didn't kill anyone as well. Stupid to fire out the door like that as well.

• Replies 555
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After WWII, during the 40s and 50s, there were more guns available than at any time in American history.

And by the way, this is a ridiculous statement. Talk about using uncited information and just making things up. If there were more then, where did they all go? :lol:

The guy seems to have mental health issues and for some reason no one caught them. The store owner that sold this guy the guns should be more concerned when someone comes in and wants to buy the guns that he bought. Did he buy the armour there too, wouldn't that be a signal that he's up to no good? Perhaps the states should change some of their guns rules if they don't want to ban the sell of them.

I wonder why the shooter chose "Batman" and not, say, "Ice Age: Continental Drift"? I don't mean that to sound flippant. I am wondering if it was just the sheer size of anticipated audiences, or if there is something about the movie in particular that attracted the shooter's interest.

-k

So someone else with a gun shooting in a crowded theatre would have saved lives? Or would more people have been caught in the crossfire? Think about trying to shoot someone, who is shooting at you in a chaotic theatre with people rushing around everywhere. Good luck with that....

Odd coincidence about that... James Holmes went to a high school where one of the math teachers had religious banners on the walls in his classroom. The teacher was forced to take them down last September. Perhaps Rep. Gohmert will point to this and say "See? See? Maybe if they'd let them keep those banners up then this tragedy could have been averted!" except of course that James Holmes was already in grad school by the time the banners were taken down.

But religious people like Gohmert or Rick Warren who are trying to take advantage of this tragedy to boost a religious agenda will conveniently ignore this:

Former San Diego neighbors remember James Holmes as a "normal kid" who was very shy, well-mannered and

deeply involved with his family in their local Presbyterian church, the Los Angeles Times says.

If he grew up in a family that was "deeply involved" in their church and that didn't prevent this from happening, why would anybody think that putting a banner on the wall that says "in god we trust" in a school would make a difference?

-k

Former San Diego neighbors remember James Holmes as a "normal kid" who was very shy, well-mannered and

deeply involved with his family in their local Presbyterian church, the Los Angeles Times says.

It sounds like this is grounds for the leftists to blame the nuclear family, as part of their all-out assault. :lol:

....If he grew up in a family that was "deeply involved" in their church and that didn't prevent this from happening, why would anybody think that putting a banner on the wall that says "in god we trust" in a school would make a difference?

Because the government puts the same thing on U.S. currency, but it doesn't stop crime of any kind.

It sounds like this is grounds for the leftists to blame the nuclear family, as part of their all-out assault. :lol:

Noo-kyoo-ler, Bubber. It's pronounced Noo-kyoo-ler.

Because the government puts the same thing on U.S. currency, but it doesn't stop crime of any kind.

Who knows how much crime would happen if that wasn't written on the money!

-k

This is really bizarre - to have escaped being part of the Toronto shooting spree only to end up killed in another shooting spree shortly after:

Jessica Ghawi had escaped a mall shooting in Toronto weeks ago when an "odd feeling" led her outside, and then blogged about how fortunate she was.

what an exaggeration, she wasn't even in the mall when the toronto shooting occurred...every person who visited the mall that day apparently "escaped" :rolleyes:

Got anything else than a tweet from Shep Smith?

HAAAA!

Man that's freekin funny!

Coming from someone who makes all kinds of assumptions and finger pointing without providing any links!

Can't be easy being Shady. :rolleyes:

WWWTT

Such weaponry can be outlawed, banned, etc. But like anyone knows. Criminals don't follow those laws. Only law-abiding citizens do. Some day you'll learn that.

Wow are you suggesting that these criminals are capable of manufacture and precisely machining the exact specifications required to produce a hand gun and the ammunition used after hand guns are banned????

Good luck on giving advise to people to "learn that"

WWWTT

Nope, that's just not true. You're entitled to an opinion, but not your own facts. After WWII, during the 40s and 50s, there were more guns available than at any time in American history. Yet gun violence was almost non-existent.

I am sure that you have more than just "tweets" to back that one up too?

WWWTT

The left has been attacking and undermining the nuclear family for decades. You reap what you sow.

And that leads to shootings????

Man your the gift that just keeps giving Shady!

Can I ask you something Shady?What is it that you do for a living?

WWWTT

...but not every person in Elliot Lake. Ban all malls!

How about just enforcing the building codes??

Do you have any idea how hard it is to bite my tongue when I read your comments???

WWWTT

Guest Derek L

no need to keep repeating yourself. I'm sure your gunYaYa point of distinction is important in this thread and makes a big difference to the dead/wounded and world-wide observers.

Being accurate does mater………Instead a “assault rifle”, why not just refer to it as a gun you deem scary looking.

oh my! You mean it's just that easy for a... (presumed) 'nutbar'... to legally procure all those guns and ammo? Like I said, all 'delicate flowers' now have the ready go-to 'nutbar' labeling, front and center, over and over, again.

How do you legislate against mental illness?…………It’s estimated that nearly 50% of all US households have at least one gun within them, and that there are over 250 million private firearms within the United States…….We’re talking about one man with 4 guns………You keep referring to us as “delicate flowers”, but it’s evident that you’re the one that needs to get a grip on reality and context………Millions of Americans and Canadians aren’t shooting their fellow citizens with their millions of guns……….

I honestly hope you sleep well and don't have any scary dreams. ;)

Edited by Derek L