Colorado Shooting during the Dark Knight Rises

• Replies 555
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't worry Shady. It doesn't make any difference if they were obtained legally anyway.

It's just like any of the other shootings. Several gun laws are broken, yet people think passing more will solve the problem. Criminals don't follow gun laws. Only law-abiding citizens do. Eventually you'll learn that.

Criminals don't follow gun laws. Only law-abiding citizens do. Eventually you'll learn that.

The argument was over whether people should have access to such weaponry in the first place, but that argument is over and the gun nuts won. You can't put the toothpaste back in the tube.

Now they just have to live (and die) with it.

Edited by BubberMiley

The argument was over whether people should have access to such weaponry in the first place

Such weaponry can be outlawed, banned, etc. But like anyone knows. Criminals don't follow those laws. Only law-abiding citizens do. Some day you'll learn that.

Guest American Woman
Shady, on 21 July 2012 - 08:13 AM, said: How do you know they were obtained legally?

Because the police said so. :rolleyes:

The suspect is believed to have obtained all his guns and ammunition legally, Police Chief Dan Oates said. link

This is the latest that I've seen.

Guest American Woman

I wonder,if you were one of the victims or someone close to you,would you still keep this opinion intact?

The thing is, there are victims of many things in free societies. Should we ban everything, have the government control everything that presents a danger? Should speed limits not exceed 35mph? Where do we draw the line?

The thing is, there are victims of many things in free societies. Should we ban everything, have the government control everything that presents a danger? Should speed limits not exceed 35mph? Where do we draw the line?

Exactly. The the more free a society is, the greater the chance of people abusing it. It's the age old debate about freedom vs security.

please... can you get your NRA buddies to do a better job and get the U.S. media on board - all/most outlets keep referring to the AR-15 as an, 'assault rifle'. I expect your minor quibble is an important consideration when speaking to the deaths/wounding of some 70 persons, hey?
As I said, there is a difference……… in rate of fire.

no need to keep repeating yourself. I'm sure your gunYaYa point of distinction is important in this thread and makes a big difference to the dead/wounded and world-wide observers.

hey now, how did your 'mentally ill' guy legally get those guns and all that ammo?
As to how he got it, simple walked into a store and bought it……….I’m assuming the same way purchased all the explosives.

oh my! You mean it's just that easy for a... (presumed) 'nutbar'... to legally procure all those guns and ammo? Like I said, all 'delicate flowers' now have the ready go-to 'nutbar' labeling, front and center, over and over, again.

thread alert/request: take it easy on the
and, of course, the aforementioned delicate flowers reach for the 'nutbar' label... over and over again, apparently.

Such weaponry can be outlawed, banned, etc. But like anyone knows. Criminals don't follow those laws. Only law-abiding citizens do. Some day you'll learn that.

No, it's too late. You can try to outlaw it or ban it, but at this point it's like trying to outlaw and ban weed. Good luck, but all those semi-automatic weapons won't disappear overnight.

So we have the reality we have now, and the ones to blame aren't just the nutbars but also the NRA types who have facilitated access to those weapons. Some day you'll learn that.

So we have the reality we have now, and the ones to blame aren't just the nutbars but also the NRA types who have facilitated access to those weapons. Some day you'll learn that.

Nope. These weapons have existed for decades, and so has their access. But their abuse is somewhat new. I think we can thank the left and their all-out-assult (pun intended) on the nuclear family. It's breakdown has led to the breakdown of society, which leads to incidents like these. So when you read about something like this happening, or see it on the news, take a look in the mirror. It's the fruits of your labour over the last several decades.

I think we can thank the left and their all-out-assult (pun intended) on the nuclear family. It's breakdown has led to the breakdown of society, which leads to incidents like these. So when you read about something like this happening, or see it on the news, take a look in the mirror. It's the fruits of your labour over the last several decades.

complete nonsense... don't you know... the problem is a result of ongoing attacks on Judeo-Christian beliefs!

Rep. Louie Gohmert (R-Texas) said Friday that the shootings that took place in an Aurora, Colo. movie theater hours earlier were a result of "ongoing attacks on Judeo-Christian beliefs"
and questioned why nobody else in the theater had a gun to take down the shooter

Nope. These weapons have existed for decades, and so has their access. But their abuse is somewhat new. I think we can thank the left and their all-out-assult (pun intended) on the nuclear family.

Nope. Their abuse has existed since their invention and access. But I like the scramble to try to use anything to distract from your obvious discomfort with the fact that you have fought to allow access to such weaponry.

The left's "all out assult on the nuclear family"? That would be even funnier if it made any sense whatsoever. The killer's parents are still together. Too bad for you they aren't divorced, eh? That would be an excellent alibi for you. :lol:

Edited by BubberMiley

Guest American Woman

This is really bizarre - to have escaped being part of the Toronto shooting spree only to end up killed in another shooting spree shortly after:

Jessica Ghawi had escaped a mall shooting in Toronto weeks ago when an "odd feeling" led her outside, and then blogged about how fortunate she was.

Actually, you are only partially right. It's true you can't defend against a nutbar opening fire. However, if people around are carrying weapons of their own they have a good chance of limiting the number of people hit and/or killed. Someone there might shoot the nutbar and stop the carnage. The alternative (the Canadian way?) is to allow him to fire away at will until the police are notified and have time to respond.

Since it would appear to be "the American way" as well--by definition--it appears your politics are slightly misplaced on the subject.

Edited by bleeding heart

Nope. Their abuse has existed since their invention and access.

Nope, that's just not true. You're entitled to an opinion, but not your own facts. After WWII, during the 40s and 50s, there were more guns available than at any time in American history. Yet gun violence was almost non-existent. Say, it's that about the time you and your ilk started their full frontal assult on the nuclear family. I know the fruits of your labour started to show as early as the 1960s, but you've really made inroads over the course of the last 20 years or so! Congratulations!

Say, it's that about the time you and your ilk started their full frontal assult on the nuclear family. I know the fruits of your labour started to show as early as the 1960s, but you've really made inroads over the course of the last 20 years or so! Congratulations!

the left... hates 'nucular' families! :lol:

Nope, that's just not true. You're entitled to an opinion, but not your own facts. After WWII, during the 40s and 50s, there were more guns available than at any time in American history. Yet gun violence was almost non-existent. Say, it's that about the time you and your ilk started their full frontal assult on the nuclear family.

I don't know of any assult on the nuclear family. I believe it is as strong as it ever was. But it's laughable that you would say gun violence was almost non-existent in the 40s and 50s, or that semi-automatic "assult" weapons were as plentiful as they are now. That's just not true. Facts are facts, and you can't just make them up when you're feeling uncomfortable about facilitating murder.

Guest American Woman

the left... hates 'nucular' families! :lol:

And of course conservatives, such as the Palin's, love traditional family values. :P

Bristol Palin even has her own show - she's making money off of being a single, teen (when Tripp was born) mother. I can just imagine the feedback if they were Democrats.... :lol:

Edited by American Woman

Guest American Woman

The left has been attacking and undermining the nuclear family for decades. You reap what you sow.

So it's the Left's fault that Bristol is a single mother - and they're all flaunting it? :lol:

I guess it's only a good thing when it's a Republican, eh? ;)