"If You’ve Got A Business — You Didn’t Build That"

I wonder if Obama will explain to us what businesses are "legitimate" and which aren't. I also wonder if he'll explain "legitimate" hard work regarding businesses. Since he knows so much about both of those topics. Oh wait. Nevermind.

• Replies 558
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

More good work from kimmy. Cherrypick a business and pretend that business applies to all businesses.

I didn't pick her. The Republican National Convention picked her.

It's hardly my fault that the person they chose to stand up in front of America and say "I built this!" is a shoddy example of the story they want to tell.

Then yell Koch brothers several times.

If they didn't want people talking about them, then it was probably a poor decision to choose this particular week to throw a party congratulating themselves for being awesome.

Rinse and repeat. Just like one of those unhinged far-left liberal bloggers. :lol:

meh.

-k

Congratulations to Mrs Valenzuela for having a successful business. She should pay her taxes so that the next person can receive the same sort of support that she received.

Meanwhile, at WeBuiltThisPalooza: A Salute To Entrepreneurs Building America!

David Koch and Art Pope are pleased to host a tribute to entrepreneurs David Koch and Art Pope, featuring guests of honor David Koch and Art Pope, and special guest speakers David Koch and Art Pope!

Two dudes receiving a tribute from an organization that they founded, operate, and fund. Wow. What a circlejerk.

Aside from sharing an enthusiasm for self-congratulation, these two Giants of American Entrepreneurship have something else in common: they inherited their companies from their dads.

-k

So what? I like families that build things. What's wrong with your dad doing something and then teaching you and passing it on? Many successful businesses are multigenerational. It makes sense to me: Dad built something, want's son to carry on. The only people who don't get this are those that think government should take Dad's place.

• 2 weeks later...

Might be harder for that gym to get anyone to come if they built in the middle of a forest. Good thing that road exists to bring them costumers and help them thrive eh?

This is the kind of stupidity that gets my blood boiling. 90% of taxes are paid by the top 25% of income earners. in other words, businesses built the roads, not the other way around. Anyone who spews this crap is a bottom 50%-er guaranteed. the bottom 50% of income earners pay 2% of the tax. Liberals are amazingly stupid. They honestly, in their hearts, think the government built the roads. Never for a second thinking about where the money came from. :lol:

I say that again:

THE BOTTOM 50% INCOME EARNERS PAY 2% OF THE TAX.

Obama is playing to his base of dependents, but let's not kid ourselves; most of society is a bunch of slugs. Cybercoma. Kimmy. Waldo. They sit around all day long citing academic studies as to why someone else should give them more money. It never ceases to amaze me how smart people are when they have no f*cking money. :lol:

People need to feel important. Obama knows this. That's why he lies to people and says their tax dollars paid for the road that some business made money on.

No. The taxes that paid for that road CAME FROM BUSINESS. the bottom 50% did nothing. they sat around and looked up studies on the internet to prove to real productive people that they aren't already paying enough.

Bunch of slugs. Cybercoma. Waldo. Poor, envious, decrepit slugs with no money.

Edited by JerrySeinfeld

This is the kind of stupidity that gets my blood boiling. 90% of taxes are paid by the top 25% of income earners. in other words, businesses built the roads, not the other way around. Anyone who spews this crap is a bottom 50%-er guaranteed. the bottom 50% of income earners pay 2% of the tax. Liberals are amazingly stupid. They honestly, in their hearts, think the government built the roads. Never for a second thinking about where the money came from. :lol:

I say that again:

THE BOTTOM 50% INCOME EARNERS PAY 2% OF THE TAX.

Obama is playing to his base of dependents, but let's not kid ourselves; most of society is a bunch of slugs. Cybercoma. Kimmy. Waldo. They sit around all day long citing academic studies as to why someone else should give them more money. It never ceases to amaze me how smart people are when they have no f*cking money. :lol:

People need to feel important. Obama knows this. That's why he lies to people and says their tax dollars paid for the road that some business made money on.

No. The taxes that paid for that road CAME FROM BUSINESS. the bottom 50% did nothing. they sat around and looked up studies on the internet to prove to real productive people that they aren't already paying enough.

Bunch of slugs. Cybercoma. Waldo. Poor, envious, decrepit slugs with no money.

NOT EVEN CLOSE!

You need to get outside your bubble because you say things which are easily proven wrong and make you look like a stupid idiot. Here you go. Just look at the chart on the left hand side.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052702304356604577338122267919032.html

You might notice the top 10% do pay around 40% of total taxes. Your claim is not even close to true. You are so wrong all the time and it is so easy to prove you would think you would read a f-ing book before your kept posting stuff that makes you look like a baboon. You don't though.

As for your other claim it is also off. The Bottom 20% pay 2% yes but the bottom 50% if we look at the chart pay close to 15% in total taxes.

Edited by punked

So what? I like families that build things. What's wrong with your dad doing something and then teaching you and passing it on? Many successful businesses are multigenerational. It makes sense to me: Dad built something, want's son to carry on. The only people who don't get this are those that think government should take Dad's place.

You know, Kimmy's writing is extremely solid. This isn't a reflexive notion; I've noticed this about her posts before.

So why are you having difficulty understanding her?

NOT EVEN CLOSE!

You need to get outside your bubble because you say things which are easily proven wrong and make you look like a stupid idiot. Here you go. Just look at the chart on the left hand side.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052702304356604577338122267919032.html

You might notice the top 10% do pay around 40% of total taxes. Your claim is not even close to true. You are so wrong all the time and it is so easy to prove you would think you would read a f-ing book before your kept posting stuff that makes you look like a baboon. You don't though.

As for your other claim it is also off. The Bottom 20% pay 2% yes but the bottom 50% if we look at the chart pay close to 15% in total taxes.

That's actually quite a good article. Looking at that distribution of income and taxation, I'd say it's pretty well calibrated. Certainly far from the type of injustice that people rant about, on either the right or the left. The ratio of tax/income steadily goes up as one increases in income until leveling out in the top 20%.

That's actually quite a good article. Looking at that distribution of income and taxation, I'd say it's pretty well calibrated. Certainly far from the type of injustice that people rant about, on either the right or the left. The ratio of tax/income steadily goes up as one increases in income until leveling out in the top 20%.

I would say after reading up on it the states has a pretty fair tax structure no matter what the right wing loons say.

I would say after reading up on it the states has a pretty fair tax structure no matter what the right wing loons say.

Yep, and no matter what left wing loons say either. Now, the tax code could use simplification certainly, but the overall effect and how it spreads taxes over the various income brackets does not seem unreasonable.