Romney Derangement Syndrome

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Manny

I apologize for the Canadians in this forum. They're just not very good at this stuff.

No need to apologize for everyone else. Maybe they don't really care enough to argue at great length about it. Besides, no matter what the argument we know we're pretty much not going to change each others attitudes around here!

Yes...anything that fractures you world view is "trolling"....now you can tell me to "shut up" in the usual tantrum.

Did I hit a nerve or something? You continue to claim hypocritically that you're not a troll when it's patently obvious with ridiculous remarks like an 18 year old could master being a PM.

I know....and it is grand fun. They just couldn't leave well enough alone.....

But that's your intent, isn't it? To get people to comment on your off-topic remarks that clearly aren't meant to further the discussion. You're winning. You can pat yourself on the back now.

Evidently it's trolling to point out the requirements for becoming PM. :unsure:

If it was trolling to point out the requirements then I would have made comment about the requirement. It's trolling to say an 18 year old could MASTER it. It's also trolling for you to pretend like you're too stupid to see how that's trolling.

Guest Manny

The other element that differs between the birther debate and dual citizenship is the notion or concept that there is some kind of ongoing conspiracy. IE Obama is a liar, and his supporters are helping him conceal the truth.

Saying that the leader of a federal party "shouldn't" be allowed to have dual citizenship, as Layton did, is only stating his personal opinion. As he said, "I would prefer ... " No raging conspiracy implied. And it's that element that takes the conversation out of normal discourse.

Did I hit a nerve or something? You continue to claim hypocritically that you're not a troll when it's patently obvious with ridiculous remarks like an 18 year old could master being a PM.

Dude...the youngest monarchs (head of state} in your "system" were far younger than 18 years, let alone a lesser prime minister.

Guest American Woman

The other element that differs between the birther debate and dual citizenship is the notion or concept that there is some kind of ongoing conspiracy. IE Obama is a liar, and his supporters are helping him conceal the truth.

Saying that the leader of a federal party "shouldn't" be allowed to have dual citizenship, as Layton did, is only stating his personal opinion. As he said, "I would prefer ... " No raging conspiracy implied. And it's that element that takes the conversation out of normal discourse.

What's implied is a lower sense of loyalty to Canada - as some came right out and said it. If it were simply the law that they wanted changed, they could have/should have worked towards changing it; but instead of doing that, they just implied - or outright said - that candidates with dual citizenship are not as loyal Canadians as they are.

What's implied is a lower sense of loyalty to Canada - as some came right out and said it. If it were simply the law that they wanted changed, they could have/should have worked towards changing it; but instead of doing that, they just implied - or outright said - that candidates with dual citizenship are not as loyal Canadians as they are.

But you yourself said that you only want natural born citizens as POTUS which would imply that there is a lower sense of loyalty to the US from those who hold dual citizenship at least in your eyes.

Name me one Canadian monarch that took the throne "far younger than 18 years [old]."

So you agree that 18 years of age is seasoned enough to be crowned as head of state...amazing!

Do your own monarch research...America has given you the means and tools to do so.

Edited by bush_cheney2004

So you agree that 18 years of age is seasoned enough to be crowned as head of state...amazing!

Do your own monarch research...America has given you the means and tools to do so.

You can't name a single Canadian monarch under the age of 18 because there hasn't been one. Care to try again?

You can't name a single Canadian monarch under the age of 18 because there hasn't been one. Care to try again?

You've made another logical error...your "system" doesn't only apply to Canada. Furthermore, that you would be satisfied with even an 18 year-old as head of state is astounding.

You've made another logical error...your "system" doesn't only apply to Canada. Furthermore, that you would be satisfied with even an 18 year-old as head of state is astounding.

Ease up BC. You're gonna give'em another case of the vapors.