Turning a blind eye: Elections Canada gives a shrug of the shoulders t

I always asked if the lib leaderships loans have been paid back and I got my answer.

Did you hear about Elections Canada investigators busting down Ken Drydens door with the help of the RCMP this week?

Neither did I, and chances are it will never happen, even though Dryden and three other former Liberal leadership candidates are now in violation of the Elections Act. Dryden, Joe Volpe, Hedy Fry and Martha Hall Findlay have failed to pay back their campaign debts from the 2006 Liberal leadership race despite more than five-and-a-half years of fundraising and two extensions.

Read more on all the one sided business they dohttp://www.ottawasun.com/2012/07/05/turning-a-blind-eye-elections-canada-gives-a-shrug-of-the-shoulders-to-leftie-antics

Time for this outfit to be totally overhauled . You hear all the time from the left here about harper destroying democracy, well this outfit does more damage then anyone.

Edited by PIK

The Conservatives acts of having committed Election fraud and ostensibly rigging elections still trumps some folks not having paid off their debts to run for party leader.

And the left bringing in american help and money to fight thier elections for them,is OK. LMFAO. What the cons did or did'nt do has no bearing on the one sided BS from elections canada, heads should roll.

The Conservatives acts of having committed Election fraud and ostensibly rigging elections still trumps some folks not having paid off their debts to run for party leader.

So you are suggesting we stop investigating these people and do not punish them? I love your sense of justice, don't punish the liberals, but by god punish the conservatives for some random accusations not even proven in court.

Good luck proving those false assertions of election fraud.

I wonder if you'll make a mea culpa like Pat Martin, after his lies and slander about the manufactured "robocall scandal" were so exposed that even the leftist Canadian media outlets couldn't bury it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bX0KxXNMOtw

And the left bringing in american help and money to fight thier elections for them,is OK. LMFAO. What the cons did or did'nt do has no bearing on the one sided BS from elections canada, heads should roll.

Not to mention the millions of dollars in support they receive from leftist media outlets favourable to their electoral campaigns like the CBC and Toronto Star. The heavily leftist slant of the Canadian media landscape doesn't get counted as campaign contributions, of course.

Not to mention the millions of dollars in support they receive from leftist media outlets favourable to their electoral campaigns like the CBC and Toronto Star. The heavily leftist slant of the Canadian media landscape doesn't get counted as campaign contributions, of course.

Very good point. All the free advertising for the left. The next election will be all about keeping canada togther or mulcair tearing it apart. Unless justin gets into the game and the NDP will be back at 12% where they belong.

Very good point. All the free advertising for the left. The next election will be all about keeping canada togther or mulcair tearing it apart. Unless justin gets into the game and the NDP will be back at 12% where they belong.

The truth is that Thomas Mulcair and Justin Trudeau are fantastic developments for conservatism in Canada. I think you know what I mean.

And The Sun and National Post are slanted to the Right. "Canada's media landscape" :rolleyes: is not, contrary to your opinion, "slanted heavily left."

The truth is that Thomas Mulcair and Justin Trudeau are fantastic developments for conservatism in Canada. I think you know what I mean.

The development of Conservatives slipping behind the NDP in the polls? The development of the Conservatives losing more support than any other majority government ever has in its first 12 months? Oh those are fantastic developments, but not for you.

And The Sun and National Post are slanted to the Right. "Canada's media landscape" :rolleyes: is not, contrary to your opinion, "slanted heavily left."

The National Post joined the leftists years ago when it jumped in bed with the CBC. The Sun News Network is the only large media outlet in Canada with a decidedly conservative perspective. So they're competing with the CBC (TV and radio), Global, CTV, and the plethora of leftist newspapers such as the Toronto Star.

Here's one of several interesting books I read that examined media bias in Canada. Bear in mind this was many years ago in university and the media landscape has changed for the better with the slow dismantling of the dominant leftist media establishment via the internet and the greatly reduced prices of recording equipment. The media is no longer as tightly controlled by leftist elites, which is fantastic. There's still a long way to go, though.

http://www.ubcpress.ca/search/title_book.asp?BookID=2960

Edited by kraychik

The development of Conservatives slipping behind the NDP in the polls? The development of the Conservatives losing more support than any other majority government ever has in its first 12 months? Oh those are fantastic developments, but not for you.

Keep telling yourself that while you hope that Justin Trudeau and Thomas Mulcair aren't free gifts for conservatism in Canada. We saw that same arrogance from the left in previous elections.

This guys doesnt seem to have a very strong grasp on who the "left" or "right" even are. He just repeats his favorite little slogans without bothering to think about them, it would seem.

The Left? You have a funny definition of the Left.

Do you really want me to list off examples of foreign funding for leftist causes and political movements in Canada? If you want to play that game, and it seems that you do, you'll lose.

Off the top of my head, I can recall the Tides Foundation funding anti-business and anti-development leftist politicians in Canada, as well as whoring their charitable status to non-charitable causes.

There was Avaaz (associated with MoveOn.org) trying to interfere with freedom of speech by running a campaign to deny Sun News a license to broadcast in Canada, while funding leftist politicians like Pat Martin who pandered to this movement to deny Canadians the right to choose what media they want to consume. Pat Martin's own words, "God help us if the neocons get their own network to bombard Canadians with their outdated ideology".

There was also funding from anti-freedom oil-producing states in the Middle East to assist in the slandering of Albertan oil-development, which directly served anti-business leftist politicians in Canada by bolstering their anti-business narrative. I forget the details of this story, though. Ethicaloil.org has done a fantastic job countering these anti-business leftist attacks, however.

Foreign funding for leftist politics in Canada far exceeds anything from the right.

This guys doesnt seem to have a very strong grasp on who the "left" or "right" even are. He just repeats his favorite little slogans without bothering to think about them, it would seem.

I have an excellent grasp of the differences between the left and the right and strong familiarity with political theory and philosophy, actually. Judging from the lack of quality of your posts, you're not in a position to be criticizing me.

Oh, I see. You're one of those people that turns a blind eye when your party does it, but is critical to everyone else for the same things. Got it.

Actually, I don't criticize anyone for spending money on causes they feel are worthwhile. If American radical leftists who want to destroy the Canadian economy who masquerade as "environmentalists" want to support Thomas Mulcair and other leftists, that's fine by me. I don't believe any individual or organization should be prohibited from spending their money as they wish to express their political opinions. I don't fear the leftist narrative, because it's so easy to dismantle. Don't forget that initiatives to restrict freedom of speech, expression, and political financing are almost exclusively leftist in origin.

I say let the Tides Foundation send all the money it wants to help the LPC and NDP. We need more money in politics, not less.

Actually, I don't criticize anyone for spending money on causes they feel are worthwhile.

:rolleyes: NO not at all

I can recall the Tides Foundation funding anti-business and anti-development leftist politicians in Canada, as well as whoring their charitable status to non-charitable causes.

There was Avaaz (associated with MoveOn.org) trying to interfere with freedom of speech by running a campaign to deny Sun News a license to broadcast in Canada, while funding leftist politicians like Pat Martin who pandered to this movement to deny Canadians the right to choose what media they want to consume. Pat Martin's own words, "God help us if the neocons get their own network to bombard Canadians with their outdated ideology".

There was also funding from anti-freedom oil-producing states in the Middle East to assist in the slandering of Albertan oil-development, which directly served anti-business leftist politicians in Canada by bolstering their anti-business narrative. I forget the details of this story, though. Ethicaloil.org has done a fantastic job countering these anti-business leftist attacks, however.

No criticism there.

:rolleyes: NO not at all

No criticism there.

The point I was trying to make is that I don't oppose the spending of money towards political objectives simply because it comes from abroad. I oppose legal restrictions on how people can spend their money towards expressing their views or supporting those they agree with. I can criticize their ideas without attacking the fact that they spend money on advancing them.

It's clear you want to completely ignore the substance of my post and split hairs and argue over semantics.