Civil War in Canada

Rick

29 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Guest Derek L

Well, you know what they say about weed getting you through times with no money better than money will get you through times with no weed.

Money is probably a lot less nutritious than weed too.

Well eyeball, when the situation looks dire, and the nasty beasts are circling the watering hole, you bring the Mary-Jane and Led Zeppelin, I’ll supply the MRE munchies and Gunz ;)

Cities normally have something like a 2 or 3 day supply of food. Don't know about fuel. Imagine some sort of shock, like a solar storm which wipes out power generation all across the country (certain to happen say scientists). All the transformers are blown and need to be repaired or replaced. All kinds of computers, cell phones, anything with a computer chip in it, really, is blown. There's no water because the water is pumped with electricity. Gas stations can't pump gas to trucks (those working). The food is gone in a very short time.

How many people keep a month or so supply of food and water in their house in case of an emergency?

Electromagnetic Pulse

There was a show called Connections by a guy from the BBC, Burke. Started in early 80's. The premier showed a scenario where a relay tripped causing wide spread outages and the results and possible scenarios that play out due to a huge blackout.

Our current way of life comes to a grinding halt.

It’s really not that expensive to have squirreled away a month or two’s worth of emergency supplies and I’m rather surprised most don’t have something……….You probably don’t need to go to the same extent as the “Doomsday Preppers” and have enough food to feed your home town for twenty years, but as you mentioned a month’s worth isn’t to bad in terms of cost, but it does take up a fair bit of space………

I bought a small box of high-protein ration bars. The box is smaller than a half case of beer and would feed an average person for 2 months. Not really complicated.

Guest Derek L

I bought a small box of high-protein ration bars. The box is smaller than a half case of beer and would feed an average person for 2 months. Not really complicated.

That’s good if you like cardboard…………But I hear what you’re saying, one day, the Government might not be able to blow our collective noses for us.

Does anyone else see the warning signs of a future civil war brewing in this country whether it be based on regional boundaries such as Alberta vs the east, or the right wing extremists currently in power vs the working class left.

I doubt it.

Our democracy is partially set up to avoid this.

In 2015 the NDP will be in power and there will be balance in the force once again.

Canada is not really a war starting country (big part of the reason why we should pull out of NATO that pulls us into wars)

WWWTT

Guest American Woman

Canada is not really a war starting country (big part of the reason why we should pull out of NATO that pulls us into wars)

And just who do you think would be there for you if another country decided to wage war against Canada?

And just who do you think would be there for you if another country decided to wage war against Canada?

of all the other countries with the wherewithall and reason to wage war against Canada the USofA is at the top of the list. In which case NATO will be nowhere to be found.

Well we would depend on the UN to send the offending country a strongly worded letter of disapproval and beg the US to help.

WHat? So what the fuck are we in NATO for? Weve fought in a number of wars for countries in Europe, and we just spent 10 years fighting a war on Americas behalf.... And youre telling me that if we are invaded we have to beg?

Weve spent most of the last century fighting other peoples wars, what exactly was the point of that if we are going to have to "beg" when we need help?

WHat? So what the fuck are we in NATO for? Weve fought in a number of wars for countries in Europe, and we just spent 10 years fighting a war on Americas behalf.... And youre telling me that if we are invaded we have to beg?

Weve spent most of the last century fighting other peoples wars, what exactly was the point of that if we are going to have to "beg" when we need help?

Well thats the assumption we leave NATO look at WWWT's comment.

Well thats the assumption we leave NATO look at WWWT's comment.

Even if we left NATO today they would owe us about 6 wars. And even if we DO stay in nato, nato countries would probably hum and haw about coming to our aid, and balk at getting their hands dirty.

See it's arrogance and ignorance like that SC which is what leads to a further polarization of Canadians....

Your hatred for Quebec doesn't help.

Lol he speaks for me and I was born in Quebec. he is dead on. The students in Quebec pay lower fees than any where else in Canada.

If you think a bunch of soft students have the energy let alone intelligence or committment to see a revolution throughndream on. This is about children assuming they have rights not privileges. This is about children whining when the big social tit is yanked from their mouths.

Children who have tits yanked out of their mouth and told to stop sucking on mummy's tits do scream a bit. Then they suck their thumbs.

They will soon find something else to suck at.

Have you travelled? Are you that self centered in Canada you think a bunch of whiny students is indicative of the society falling in? You really need to get out son. There are far worse off societies teetering on anarchy dreaming of the lifestyle of the very students you think have the balls to mount an organized revolution.

Edited by Rue

If you think a bunch of soft students have the energy let alone intelligence or committment to see a revolution throughndream on. This is about children assuming they have rights not privileges. This is about children whining when the big social tit is yanked from their mouths.

Children who have tits yanked out of their mouth and told to stop sucking on mummy's tits do scream a bit. Then they suck their thumbs.

They will soon find something else to suck at.

I imagine you're right, Rue. People my age must be too dumb to recognize the problem and too passive to do anything about it. Because otherwise we would be robbing you people in the streets to make amends for the massive inter-generational heist you've perpetrated.

-k

I imagine you're right, Rue. People my age must be too dumb to recognize the problem and too passive to do anything about it. Because otherwise we would be robbing you people in the streets to make amends for the massive inter-generational heist you've perpetrated.

-k

Yea, I'm sure adding to the problem must be the best way to solve the problem. Someone used all of your gas thus stranding you in the middle of nowhere, what do you do? Sit and complain about it or do something to solve the problem?

Guest American Woman

I guess it's more fun to just surf Facebook.

While whining about "the massive inter-generational heist [we've] perpetrated" to their 564 friends. B)

Said it before and will say it again, my only consolation when I think of the future is knowing how you old-people are going to feel when you discover that there isn't any money left to provide care for seniors either.

Yea, I'm sure adding to the problem must be the best way to solve the problem. Someone used all of your gas thus stranding you in the middle of nowhere, what do you do? Sit and complain about it or do something to solve the problem?

So given the scale of the financial trainwreck that I'm going to inherit, what "solutions" seem plausible?

-k

Said it before and will say it again, my only consolation when I think of the future is knowing how you old-people are going to feel when you discover that there isn't any money left to provide care for seniors either.

So given the scale of the financial trainwreck that I'm going to inherit, what "solutions" seem plausible?

-k

I don't know what the solution is, but making poorly thought out demands and a way to dig a deeper hole for all of us and leave our kids in an even worse situation is probably not the right solution in this instance.

Guest American Woman

I don't know what the solution is, but making poorly thought out demands and a way to dig a deeper hole for all of us and leave our kids in an even worse situation is probably not the right solution in this instance.

All of the late twenty to thirty year olds I know are too busy enjoying the good life they've created for themselves to conclude that us "old people" have "[perpetrated] a massive inter-generational heist." I would say that there's as much truth to the "Generation Me" label that's been placed on today's young people as there is on the stereotypes placed on Baby Boomers. Part of the problem, I think, is that Baby Boomers had more kids at a younger age than people are having nowadays, so if populations are dwindling, there are not going to be as many people in the workforce paying taxes, supporting systems that were meant to have an increasing number - or at least a steady number - of people paying into them. I don't know what the answer is, but I don't think it's whining about what's been done to them - boo hoo - as young people today generally have enjoyed more experiences and more luxuries than their parents did. I think too many may have just expected that lifestyle to continue rather than realizing when one is just starting out, they generally don't start out at the top and/or debt free - and that includes student loans. I also think the world's wealth is shifting - it's not all here, in our countries, any more.