Donate to Obama's Campaign Instead of Giving a Wedding Gift

I thought this was funny, know someone getting married, instead of a gift, send Obama a donation

Obama Event Registry

"It's a great way to support the President on your big day,Plus, it's a gift that we can all appreciate - and goes a lot further than a gravy bowl.

So who gets the tax deduction, the giver or the givee :lol:

i donated to obama in 08 and i will do so again for this election. we cant let romney win. america has come too far in 4 years of obama. the usa has never been stronger or more respected abroad. i wish obama could be president for another 20 years. maybe they can change that stupid 8 year rule and give obama more time. i am just amazed at how he treats all people equally.

that is the most ignorant thing i've read on here. utterly ridiculous and without substance.

Other than closing Gitmo, getting rid of corporate health care, and no longer assassinating people by drone strike with no rule of law, how is he different?

Oh wait...

Other than closing Gitmo, getting rid of corporate health care, and no longer assassinating people by drone strike with no rule of law, how is he different?

Oh wait...

he is in favor of gay marriage. you know equal rights for all. he's going to get free contracpetives for all people also. those took balls.

Please start using capital letters at the start of a sentence so you don't look like a 12 year old, unless you are.

who cares about capitals. the best debater on this forum, waldo doesn't use capitals and he wipes the floor with all the people who try to prove him wrong. capital letters are for nerds.

Guest American Woman

Anyways, in a related note, if anyone wants to donate to Shsdy in lieu of a birthday, anniversary or wedding gift just PM me.

I think Harper should have donated to Obama in Will and Kate's name in lieu of giving them outdoor gear to better enjoy Canada. :)

he is in favor of gay marriage. you know equal rights for all. he's going to get free contracpetives for all people also. those took balls.

Balls would be closing GITMO and GTFO of the many conflicts the USA is currently involved in. Supporting gay marriage is soft politics to please the masses and allows it to be the distractions to continuing the current wars and ongoing economic collapse, all while poking around for more war.

Or have you been paying attention the last 4 years?

Edited by GostHacked

But as long as he's in favor of gay marriage all that other stuff doesn't matter. This is the kind of disconnect that Obama needs his supporters to believe in.

I really thought he'd be at least a little different than previous presidents. But it might not matter for re-election because he's got most of the media and Hollywood on his side.

Guest American Woman

Really, I thought political donations were tax deductible, they are here up to a certain amount. We get 75% back on the first $500.00

So a $500 donation actually only costs the donor $125, and the rest basically comes from the taxpayers?

Balls would be closing GITMO...

Are you saying Obama as POTUS has the legal power to close Gitmo?

From what I understand, after election Obama made several steps to begin its closure, but has been blocked by Congress, including stipulations in the "2011 [and 2012] Defense Authorization Bill which contains provisions that place restrictions on the transfer of Guantánamo prisoners to the [uS] mainland or to other foreign countries, thus impeding the closure of the detention facility". Obama signed those bills into law (did he have much of a choice?), but made statements rejecting those stipulations.

Are you saying Obama as POTUS has the legal power to close Gitmo?

From what I understand, after election Obama made several steps to begin its closure, but has been blocked by Congress, including stipulations in the "2011 [and 2012] Defense Authorization Bill which contains provisions that place restrictions on the transfer of Guantánamo prisoners to the [uS] mainland or to other foreign countries, thus impeding the closure of the detention facility". Obama signed those bills into law (did he have much of a choice?), but made statements rejecting those stipulations.

Yes Obama has the power to close Gitmo. Stop making excuses for him.

Yes Obama has the power to close Gitmo. Stop making excuses for him.

How? If Congress doesn't give him the money to transfer the detainees, and outright bans any money being used for such purposes as they have, he can't. If a city/state in mainland US doesn't want detainee facilities in their neck of the woods, how can he?

Tell me specifically, under the law of the USA, how he can. Otherwise you're just flappin' lips as usual. I will consider a non-response or a "sarcastic retort" as meaning you can't.

So a $500 donation actually only costs the donor $125, and the rest basically comes from the taxpayers?

No its a tax deduction. It means you can deduct roughly 375 from your taxable income, not your taxes owing.

So lets say you make 50 thousand and are taxed at a rate of 20% per year... It means the "taxpayers" actually chipped in about $75