Clutter: Too Many Ads On Television?

Are there too many ads on TV?

If we get to the point where 1/4 of prime time is taken up with commercials, more viewers will revolt, many in much more substantial numbers, than have already done so.

Also it is not effective for a company advetising if all their commercials becomes is a blur on the screen.

The ads don't normally bother me, there are some annoying ones, corona is bad because you can see the same add twice in a commercial break, soemtimes. But aslong as what I am watching is good I can't say I mind.

The ads don't normally bother me, there are some annoying ones, corona is bad because you can see the same add twice in a commercial break, soemtimes. But aslong as what I am watching is good I can't say I mind.

I feel the same way........infact, there are a few adds that I fund rather funny........that one for DQ where the guy gets his tounge stuck in the egg beaters or the ones for AFLAK (sp?) with the Duck or Alexander Keiths beer (spilly talker). Then on the other end of the spectrum, even though i don't mind their food, I'll never eat at Subway because of their adds........to each his or her own :blink:

I seldom do watch tv because of the ads. I only watch the movie channels that have no commercials and occasionally the news. Too many ads makes everything lose interest and boring. Easier to find news etc on my computer. I wish the newspapers were better at printing news instead of editorials.

I wish the newspapers were better at printing news instead of editorials.

I agree 100%.........I want the facts.....I'll make up my own mind thank you very much.

I find occasionally that editorials introduce me to a new point of view that hadn't occured to me. Maybe that's because I'm sometimes too lazy to think of it myself <_<

Anyway, on the ads, I do enjoy some of them, some of them I ignore, but I think I would mind them even less if more ads meant lower costs for viewers, rather than simply higher profits for the networks. Of course, ads are why we get any TV over the airwaves, but hardly anyone actually limits themselves to bunny-ears at this point.

Ads are just a way to increase profits yet again, but I don't mind them that much. They give me time to grab more beer and chips B)

I've simply stopped watching.

I can't wait to get a TIVO once they're available in Canada.

Mrouahahahahhaha.

:)

I'm finding the commercials and the chatter that the CBC forces on us during the Olympics to be especially brutal. The dumb kid with the Tim Hortons cup every four seconds. ENOUGH WITH THE ROTATION!

I can't watch Global anymore, it's gotten so bad. I just watch my programs on the American stations two or three hours earlier.

but I don't mind them that much. They give me time to grab more beer and chips

Maybe, but I don't need THAT much beer or chips nor even bathroom breaks.

We tape a lot of the programs we watch and have the ads edited out automatically. I can always push stop if I need a short break or rewind if I missed something.