Harper Conservatives Love Their Pork

Nearly one in four defeated Conservative candidates in the 2011 election received a taxpayer-funded federal job within the last year.

A Postmedia News analysis reveals that 35 of the 141 candidates who lost at the polls received jobs in places such as the Prime Minister’s Office, Health Canada, ministers’ offices or on boards and agencies such as the Quebec Port Authority. In fact, Quebec candidates made up three-quarters of those who received federal jobs.

Four candidates were appointed to the Senate, two to overseas diplomatic positions in France, 14 to agencies or boards and 14 became political staff to ministers and MPs. Some left their previous political staff positions to run in the election, and then were rehired after losing their bid for public office. Two people hired to serve in ministers’ offices have subsequently left their positions.

http://www.edmontonjournal.com/sports/quarter+defeated+Tory+candidates+landed+public+jobs+after+election/6687226/story.html

Could have sworn back when Harper was bs'n everyone with his promise of accountability fraud act that he was dead set against patronage appointments :lol:

Edited by Rick

I prefer this title ......

Kelly McParland: Running for the Tories means never needing EI

http://fullcomment.nationalpost.com/2012/05/28/kelly-mcparland-running-for-the-tories-means-never-needing-ei/

Not a lot of light between liberal anc conservative patronage.

LOL.

In any case, what intrigues me is not really this issue of guts, but that fact that so many failed Conservative candidates needed jobs.
Edited by MiddleClassCentrist

Jack lied to both Canada and QC..... I'm just collecting notes on Mulcair now..

Oh, I mistakenly thought it was Harper who said he was not going to touch Old Age Pensions and securities.

See, while he has been attacking things like EI and other services that we pay into, he has been very busy lining up free rides for his failed candidates.

Perhaps you can use your time more wisely collecting notes on the current federal government. There is enough entitlement there to last this term without breaking a sweat.

Why would they not hire thier own, you think the dippers and libs would do it differently, if you do ,you are mistaken. Just something else to blow out of porportion, but when you run a fairly clean ship, I guess this is what the opp has to do.

Why would they not hire thier own, you think the dippers and libs would do it differently, if you do ,you are mistaken. Just something else to blow out of porportion, but when you run a fairly clean ship, I guess this is what the opp has to do.

Again. Can't conservatives follow their mantra and *gasp*

get real jobs?

Maybe they should stop attacking EI when their own people can't even find work without it being handed to them.

Hiring your own people will NEVER stop. I'm sorry. Politicians shouldn't even talk about it if they are not going to change it.

Partisanship and politics go hand in hand.

Sometimes its bites them in the butt.

Turner got royally burned...

You had a choice as Mulroney successfully debated.

Ofcourse Lying Brian has now been surpassed by Harper.

Keep it up and you might be a Senator one day.