Fraud in Ottawa

In regards to Canada's parliamentary budget officer Kevin Page saying that it appears the Conservative government kept two sets of books when it came to the costs of replacing Canada's ageing fleet of CF-18s with 65 F-35 stealth fighter jets. Page told the host the CBC's “The House” radio programme Evan Solomon what bothered his office was that one set of books was available inside DND, while another "for communication purposes" was presented publicly, in which he said the government was "low-balling" the numbers.

Now, I am neither a professional accountant nor a professional purchaser. I am however a professional logistician specializing in transportation and distribution and have more then a passing knowledge of both the aforementioned fields. I understand both the G.A.A.P. rules that govern the accounting professional along with the procurement process, that if push comes to shove I can cost out a major capital investment or acquisition with a fair degree of confidence and certainty. I can also communicate with members of those two professions in a professional and knowledgeable manner. I can even balance a cheque book.

From what I have been reading and hearing about this issue in regards to its costing and procurement practises, I can only come to the conclusion that our so-called Government has taken the basic accounting and procurement rules and regulations and thrown them out onto a bonfire and expects us the taxpayer to meekly and quietly accept it, even though it is our hard-earned tax dollars they are playing with.

There is only one logical reason to keep and present two sets of books, and that is to deceive and to defraud. If I or anyone in my industry, or the accounting and procurement professions got caught trying to pull what the Harper Government is trying pull off, we would be crucified. At best, we would be stripped of our professional designations in disgrace and fired, at worse we would be facing major jail time for fraud.

There can be no excuse for this and there is absolutely no possible defence for it. Saying that we haven't spent a dime does not mitigate the crime, for the crime was committed once you started planning for it, its called a conspiracy. The Government is by the look of it, is guilty at least of committing the crime of conspiracy of fraud against both the people of Canada and Parliament, and as such no longer has any legitimate authority to govern.

It is now long past time for Canadians of all political stripes, including Conservatives such as myself to stand up and tell the Harper Government enough is enough. We have had enough of the lies, we have had enough of the endless weekly scandals, we have had enough of the corruption, we have had enough of the secrecy, we have had enough of vilification and character assassination of honest Government employees such as Mr. Kevin Page, we have had enough of the gutting of various watchdog agencies tasked with keeping the Government honest, and we have had enough of them playing fast and loose with the public purse.

One last thought, as for the car buying analogies that various Government talking heads and their supporters have used to whitewash and excuse this issue, I can only say that only a fool would purchase a car without first considering how much it will cost them to operate it throughout its life cycle.

Guest Peeves

It is now long past time for Canadians of all political stripes, including Conservatives such as myself to stand up and tell the Harper Government enough is enough. We have had enough of the lies, we have had enough of the endless weekly scandals, we have had enough of the corruption, we have had enough of the secrecy, we have had enough of vilification and character assassination of honest Government employees such as Mr. Kevin Page, we have had enough of the gutting of various watchdog agencies tasked with keeping the Government honest, and we have had enough of them playing fast and loose with the public purse.

(truncated for brevity.)

Hot Damn, that's what I said about the Liberals and Cretien a few short years ago.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/story/2012/04/27/pol-the-house-kevin-page-f35s-budget.html

Edited by Peeves

Hot Damn, that's what I said about the Liberals and Cretien a few short years ago.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/story/2012/04/27/pol-the-house-kevin-page-f35s-budget.html

That's what I say about both the Libs and Cons.

They are too cosy with their money sources to be of any use to the rest of us. F

raud (with our money) is a way of life to them.

Fraud also seems to be a way of life to those who support them.

We need a total shakeup.

We need to occupy parliament hill. :)

Yes and Harper apparently aspires to be just as corrupt as Chretien.

Funny ... I thought he was upset about Adscam.

Guess not. Guess he was just playing politics. He sure scammed you guys!

No integrity there, is there!

Edited by jacee