Obama vs Romney - POTUS 2012

• Replies 872
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...or he could set a new record for gas price increases during a second term. He still has almost 9 months to go on the first term.

I'm guessing that your scenario is probably more apt. The only upside is that I'm going to find it very entertaining watching him explain away $5+ dollar per gallon gasoline in the summer, right about the time of his convention. :)

I'm hoping he brings up algae and the tire gauge again! :lol:

I'm guessing that your scenario is probably more apt. The only upside is that I'm going to find it very entertaining watching him explain away $5+ dollar per gallon gasoline in the summer, right about the time of his convention. :)

I'm hoping he brings up algae and the tire gauge again! :lol:

So the POTUS dictates the price of gas?

No, the POTUS doesn't dictate the price of gas. But his policies can affect the supply of oil and gasoline, which can lead to some price reduction or price increase.

Lol. You just make this crap up as you go along. The "blame Obama" syndrome is at new highs.

It will be interesting to see whom Romney will take on as the running mate. Certainly not anyone from the religious right as those people are going to vote for Romney anyway rather than Obama so they need no wooing.

Another thing is whether Obama himself will take on Biden for another term as VP. I mean, he turns 70 this year.

It will be interesting to see whom Romney will take on as the running mate. Certainly not anyone from the religious right as those people are going to vote for Romney anyway rather than Obama so they need no wooing.

Another thing is whether Obama himself will take on Biden for another term as VP. I mean, he turns 70 this year.

If Romney doesn't turn out the base this election he is in for a landslide loss. He needs the Religious vote to turn out and his deficit with women will mean who wont be able to use the dog whistles like abortion or even gay marriage so how else does he get that base which makes up 25-30% of the Republican party to make it to the polls?

Alternately, Obama could disappear between now and November and still win.

I'm not so sure. I think the climate is shifting again, as it did in the spring last year and the fall.

Edited by Smallc

I'm not so sure. I think the climate is shifting again, as it did in the spring last year and the fall.

I think so too. Especially after the last jobs report. If it's just a one month thing, then he doesn't have a problem. But if it's the beginning of a trend, a bit of a slowdown, then he's in for some trouble.

Gallup says Buffet Rule with Obama supports and Romney opposes polls 60-37 for. Another issue Romney is on the wrong side of.

The Buffet rule is bad tax policy, and especially bad growth policy. It's a complete gimmick, which is all Obama has left now.

The Buffet rule is bad tax policy, and especially bad growth policy.

Pretty much. Even thought I think it can be argued that too few people control too much of the wealth in the US, this kind of rule does nothing but discourage investment.

Why would that be something to hide, though? Seems to me it would be proof of it's value - Affirmative Action student becomes POTUS.

It would cause a minor controversy though. B student Obama gets into Harvard even though he didn't deserve it. Obama not as smart as his cred shows, yada yada. Then it would cause big debate over affirmative action.

Doesn't make sense though, Obama was a Harvard grad magna cum laude so he was a smart dude in school. Maybe he just got a D once in Economics 101 or 'International Political Economy' (a course he likely took since he majored in Political Science & International Relations at Columbia), which would be enough for him to not want to release it I would think.

It would cause a minor controversy though. B student Obama gets into Harvard even though he didn't deserve it. Obama not as smart as his cred shows, yada yada. Then it would cause big debate over affirmative action.

Doesn't make sense though, Obama was a Harvard grad magna cum laude so he was a smart dude in school. Maybe he just got a D once in Economics 101 or 'International Political Economy' (a course he likely took since he majored in Political Science & International Relations at Columbia), which would be enough for him to not want to release it I would think.

What's ironic, is that he's the same dude that went to court to get his opponents divorce and child custody records made public during his Illinois senate race. Even after his opponent and his opponent's ex-wife agreed to have them sealed as to not harm their children. Obama's a class act. :rolleyes:

What's ironic, is that he's the same dude that went to court to get his opponents divorce and child custody records made public during his Illinois senate race.

I assume you don't identify Jack Ryan because you don't want people to look it up and find out the truth--that is, Obama never went to court, the Chicago Tribune and the ABC news affiliate in Chicago did; and even though Ryan allegedly pressured his wife to have sex with other men at kinky swingers clubs, Obama told Democrats not to use it against him.

You never get embarrassed when you're caught lying?

Edited by BubberMiley

What's ironic, is that he's the same dude that went to court to get his opponents divorce and child custody records made public during his Illinois senate race. Even after his opponent and his opponent's ex-wife agreed to have them sealed as to not harm their children. Obama's a class act. :rolleyes:

Keep living in your made up world where President McCain is fighting wars all over the world. We will keep living in ours where your lies make no sense.

Gallup says Buffet Rule with Obama supports and Romney opposes polls 60-37 for. Another issue Romney is on the wrong side of.

Did the Gallup pollsters tell the responders that if ALL of the billionaires' and millionaires' assets were confiscated by the government, it would only make a slight little dent on the national debt, before they asked their leading and biased questions?

Did the Gallup pollsters tell the responders that if ALL of the billionaires' and millionaires' assets were confiscated by the government, it would only make a slight little dent on the national debt, before they asked their leading and biased questions?

No because that is what we call push polling and no respected polling firm would do that.

• 2 weeks later...

Romney VP candidate Marco Rubio is either a liar or quite insane. Here's hoping the former!

Republican Florida Sen. Marco Rubio on Sunday refused to explain how a potential Romney administration would be different from George W. Bush’s administration, but insisted that the last Republican president “did a fantastic job” and his brother, former Gov. Jeb Bush (R-FL), would be a “fantastic vice president.”

“I haven’t gone through the comparison,” Rubio told CNN’s Candy Crowley. “I think that presidents serve in different times with different challenges. And so I think that George W. Bush, in my opinion, did a fantastic job as president over eight years, facing a set of circumstances during those eight years that are different from the circumstances that a President Romney would face.”

Also, another Bush in the White House? Let's hope not.

I think there is relevance to the request. Evidently Obama went to Columbia and no one there remembers him.

Yeah that seems odd. Does he show up in year books?

So why would he not release them? If he got good grades, why wouldn't he release them? And if he didn't get good grades, how did he get into Harvard? The question has been raised as to whether he may have attended as an exchange student, which would raise some questions.

Another good question, exchange student from where?

I think his refusal to release his transcripts is as much of an issue as Romney's refusal to release more of his tax returns. As an Obama supporter, his transcript isn't enough of an issue to me personally - but I'm sure to Romney supporters, his tax returns aren't enough of an issue, either. Personally, I see both of their refusals as a wash regarding what effect it will have with voters.

We can revisit the birth certificate again!!

Guest American Woman

Yeah that seems odd. Does he show up in year books?

I don't know, but evidently there are some people who remember him. Apparently he just wasn't very involved and didn't do anything memorable while attending Columbia - but his roommates remember him and the university claimed him as an alumnus when he was elected President:

Barack Obama '83 Becomes First College Alumnus To Win Presidency

I don't think the claim was that he didn't attend Columbia, but that he didn't do anything memorable that would account for his acceptance at Harvard. At least that's the way I saw it.

Another good question, exchange student from where?

Who knows? He was raised out of the country for awhile and his Dad wasn't American, but I sincerely doubt if someone, even if they had dual citizenship, could attend as an exchange student. I would wager that Obama isn't releasing the records because they are less than stellar, so he very well could have been accepted at Harvard because of Affirmative Action. As bush_cheney has pointed out, that could have been a political headache to deal with. He did great at Harvard, but I think he himself has said that he didn't really apply himself before and did have a period of time where he used some drugs.

We can revisit the birth certificate again!!

Yes, that would be so much fun.