NHL 2011-2012 Season.

j44

There was a little hockey talk in another thread but it died.

I'll start on this odd note: There are rumors that Alexander Radulov is close to returning to Nashville.

I'm a hawks fan and the thought of making the Preds (and therefore the Western conference in general) stronger annoys me. Although I would love for Nashville to beat up on someone like Detroit in the first round. Or both teams to take a beating.

I'll hold off on predicting anything for now but I would love to see the Sens make a run and even for the Jets to make the playoffs. Their home games would be insane.

Anyone willing to make any predictions? Even for some awards? Karlsson for the Norris anyone?

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Central division is insane

St Louis (Hitchcock for coach of the year), Detroit, Nashville .. Vancouver hasn't a chance this year to get to the 3rd round

San Jose & Maple Leafs have been terrible the past 2 months

Edited by olpfan1

The Central division is insane

St Louis (Hitchcock for coach of the year), Detroit, Nashville .. Vancouver hasn't a chance this year to get to the 3rd round

San Jose & Maple Leafs have been terrible the past 2 months

Yeah I want the Wings sent to the East like they want. Someone else can play them 7 times a year.

Amazing what Hitchcock did in St. Louis. I think Paul McLean is up there too. Might depend on who goes further in the playoffs.

I don't know what is more surprising. The Sens being in a playoff spot or the Blues first overall.

And with so many teams looking for a solid goaltender the Sens get Ben Bishop for a fifth round pick. What? UGGGHGHGHGGGH! lol

I think the Leafs biggest problem this year was signing Reimer at the end of last year. Nothing against him really but he played like 25 games last year and they signed him to that contract? Didnt and doesnt make sense to me.

Ottawa could still find themselves out of the playoffs if they lose a couple in a row

They are 2 points behind Boston for the North East but Boston has played 2 games less and depending on who claims the South East.. Ottawa is still only 4 points in front of Florida and 5 in front of Washington

But yeah Karlsson should have the norris trophy on lock

Ottawa could still find themselves out of the playoffs if they lose a couple in a row

Good point.

Did I see correctly that the Oil have the #1 power play in the league? What? do the Blue Jackets have the best penalty kill? ;)

BIG win last night for the Hawks. Won in a shootout after coming back against the Blues.

Stamkos is ridiculous.

Yep, and they are doing it with the worst defence group in the league.

Nugent-Hopkins, Hall and Eberle are just sick when they get tossing the puck around, it gets dizzying.

Yeah the few games I've watch they are foolish. Eberle with 30 already.

Yeah the few games I've watch they are foolish. Eberle with 30 already.

Hall will have 30 soon too. Nugent -Hopkins would have won the Calder as rookie of the year if he had not missed so many games with an injury. Even so, he is likely to win the rookie scoring title. His game is astonishing for an 18 year old(who looks like a 14 year old). It isn't the offence so much, which is sublime, but the maturity of his defensive game.

Hall will have 30 soon too. Nugent -Hopkins would have won the Calder as rookie of the year if he had not missed so many games with an injury. Even so, he is likely to win the rookie scoring title. His game is astonishing for an 18 year old(who looks like a 14 year old). It isn't the offence so much, which is sublime, but the maturity of his defensive game.

The big issue is his offense has suffered a bit as he's taken on more responsibility as the year has gone on. He'll probably be the best of the big three: whether he's the crown jewel of the Tank Years depends on who they pick this year.

If Steve Tambellini can't surround that kind of talent with the pieces to be a Cup contender in two to three years he should not only be fired, but banned from so much as watching hockey again.

Edited by Black Dog

For a team that was supposed to finish dead last in the Eastern Conference according to many hockey experts, first place in the Northeast division looks pretty good on the Ottawa Senators.

http://ottawa.ctv.ca/servlet/an/local/CTVNews/20120317/OTT-ottawa-senators-montreal-canadiens-120317/20120317/?hub=OttawaHome

GO SENS!

Grabovski in his first ever nhl fight handled Chris Neil well saturday night

as for tonight.. there was a line brawl in opening faceoff during rangers devils

bloody ice afterwards.. will post a video of it later

Leafs Bruins game is about to get out of control.. already been two fights. about to be more as its 4-0 bruins

Edited by stopstaaron

The big issue is his offense has suffered a bit as he's taken on more responsibility as the year has gone on. He'll probably be the best of the big three: whether he's the crown jewel of the Tank Years depends on who they pick this year.

If Steve Tambellini can't surround that kind of talent with the pieces to be a Cup contender in two to three years he should not only be fired, but banned from so much as watching hockey again.

Nugent hopkins has not had any impact to his offence due to repsonisbilyt, it is because he has missed a bunch of games due to injury. Tambellini has so far failed to find the right role players, the OIlers are much too small and passive in their first three lines. The only real acquisitions have been Hall and Hopkins, and both of those were no-brainers on draft day. The rest.... not so good. Belanger is a bust with a three year contract. Barker is uselss, Sutton OK but old. Smyth OK+ but old. Whitney was great but his career may be over early, Potter a career minor leaguer now with a 3 year deal, Peckham failed to develop, Pavaarvi failed to develop and so on. The team needs many of the same things it has needed for years: 3 Top Four defencemen, much more toughness on the wings and a much better goalie duo.

Having said that, they may make the playoffs next year.

It looks like Tambellini will be rehired and Renney fired. It should be the opposite, Renney has done OK with what he has, which is not enough. Tambellini hasn't done good enough in getting secondary players. But if he is fired, Kevin Lowe looks like a mutt, so Tambellini will get another chance.

I'd rather watch a collegiate or international hockey game compared to the fighting circus and "enforcers" of the NHL. What a joke...

American collegiate players and their thuggery:

when was the last NHL bench-clearing brawl? Not for a very long time.

Sanctioned fighting is the main reason why the NHL will always be bush league.

What about team sanctioned incentives if you injure an opposing player? 5 teams in the last decade had taken part in that

NFL is so bush league

what about MLB steroid epidemic.. quite bush league if you ask me

NBA primadonnas

NHL is the cleanest, classiest most ethical league in the 4 big North American sports scene