The two Johns and their lack of credibility

On July 6th Presidential hopeful John Kerry announced that John Edwards was his pick for Vice President. This shows me that the two Johns lack credibility, honesty and ethics. You should be concerned about these two men and the possibility that they may soon be in the Oval office.

So why do I feel that Kerry's pick and Edwards acceptance shows a lack of credibility? The first reason is that John Kerry was so secretive (wasn't much of a secret to anyone) that even John Edwards didn't know when the announcement was being made, so he couldn't even attend the announcement. This is ridiculous. Why keep it a secret? What's the big deal? I feel that John Kerry has been keeping a lot of secrets during this campaign. This will continue if he becomes President.

The biggest reason that I feel that both Kerry and Edwards lack credibility is that these men hate each other. They viciously (Well Kerry did most of the attacking) attacked each other during the Democratic primaries. They never hid their dislike for each other and they were both opposed to each other's political beliefs and policies.

Then why would Kerry make the offer to Edwards and why would Edwards accept it? The answer is that both these candidates hate the Republican party and President Bush. They hate them so much that they are willing to sell their ethics (or what ever ethics the may have had) out the window. They hate Bush so much that they are willing to team up together.

Edwards is good at going on the attack. He is vicious when he attacks his opponents. This is a good compliment for John Kerry, who is extremely brutal in his attacks against his opponents. Kerry had a number of choices for a running mate that included Dick Gephardt and Howard Dean. Both of these men would have given Kerry a more balanced ticket.

I guess we will just have to put up with the strong-arm tactics of Kerry/Edwards ticket. Hopefully the American people will have enough sense to see through Kerry and Edwards but I'm not putting much faith in that. For me (as a conservative) the Clinton years seem like a paradise compared to the possibility of Kerry and Dean being in the Oval office.

The answer is that both these candidates hate the Republican party and President Bush.

They don't hate Bush, they want to get in power. Pure and simple. They will do whatever it takes to do it same as Bush will do the same to stay in power.

To think that two ultra left guys don't know there is a problem with terrorism is idiocy. They know, they know that Bush did what he should have and now have to deal with the Left who think that Bush was wrong while they are adopting his ideas and figuring ways to make them different. It isn't about Bush and Kerry to the informed voter, but the hows of getting the job done - democracy in Iraq, economy, oil, alternative fuel, ecology and such. Find one Republican who wants dirty air, one who wants Iraq to be a slave, one who wants a lousy economy and so on. It's not the devil and the angel here, two separate groups who steal each other's good ideas and use them as their own while discerediting the other.

Let's talk about credibility issues:

- WMD?

- Mission Accomplished?

- Greeted as Liberators with flowers and chocolates?

- Imminent Threat?

- Saddam and 9-11/Al Qaeda link?

- Yellow cake from Niger?

- No new deficits from the wealthy tax cuts?

- Senior official leak of CIA operative?

- No child left behind funding?

- Gay marriage to be left to the state during his campaign?

- Uniter, not divider?

- Called remark of war in Middle East as terrorist breeding a "ridiculous notion?"

- AWOL for a couple of months while Kerry volunteered for Vietnam

- Cheney and Halliburton ties/ Iraqi loan bidder for high end contracts?

- No plan for post-war?

- We pay 90%+ cost of war/ lives and claim to have this huge "coalition of the willing?"

- Questioned UN credibility for not finding the WMD and now we cannot find?

Don't have much to say on the credibility issue, but wanted to comment on this:

To think that two ultra left guys don't know there is a problem with terrorism is idiocy.

To characterize either of these fellas as "ultra left" is a gigantic leap. There's very little daylight between the policies of the Kerry/Edwards and those of the Republicans.

To characterize either of these fellas as "ultra left" is a gigantic leap. There's very little daylight between the policies of the Kerry/Edwards and those of the Republicans.

I must have fallen into a warp into the bizzarro world or something. Black Dog, you seem to make sense more and more these days. I think that your views are the same overall but you seem to come to the same reality which I have held for a long time. Or possibly we are on the same path but taking different strides. Whatever.

Anybody but Bush is the motto of anybody left of small C and Kerry is the 'anybody.' Now that they have thrown all their anti establishment backing behind him, they are finding out that he to represents mainstream America, people who are not our to lunch and have common sense n day to day affairs and such. Kerry on the other hand, is finding out that he has to court the majority who are not as easy to read. He does it with the same issues, war, peace, security, economy, purpose and of course ... pure carisma.

I like Kerry myself, as I said last election, I'll take the loser here in Canada as PM anyday. I would have rather seen Lieberman or Gore in there against Rice but that means nothing. Hundreds if not thousands of people could fillthe shoes of President just as well.