Romney McCain Ticket

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So McCain endorsed Romney for the top job, any chance that former presidential canidate John McCain will crop up on the ticket, now that it seems inevitable that Romney will secure the top spot as the GOP Headliner?

In my opinion, absolutely no chance.

McCain is a person of the past, the representation of a failed past, a symbol of war that America was never meant to win, a fence-sitter, who doesn't realize that sitting on the fence puts slivers in your rear end, a person that though was never qualified to be President, would not shy away, as Vice President to do anything and everything TO become President.

There was a Lyndon B. Johnson already.

Why not?

McCain has lots of money, and Mitt Romney has lots of money, and together the two of them could buy the election!

I don't think that Mitt Romney is going to be much different than Barack Obama, who wasn't much different than George Bush in my opinion.

And as I understand under McCain we can all buy 9.99 pizza pies! Under a 999 plan the rich will pay even less taxes than they do now, and now the rich people pay so little taxes that of their taxes go any lower we will have to start giving them money! Oh wait we already gave the rich people money - that bailout for nearly $1 trillion went to the rich!

Edited by Wolf Larsen

I don't think this has ever been a serious alternative; McCain only became a candidate in 2008 because the republicans knew that they were going to lose the election following 8 years of George W. He was an old warhorse who offered to his party to lead a hopeless battle. I think he deliberately chose someone like Sarah Palin as running mate to make sure that he would lose.

Guest Derek L

And as I understand under McCain we can all buy 9.99 pizza pies! Under a 999 plan the rich will pay even less taxes than they do now, and now the rich people pay so little taxes that of their taxes go any lower we will have to start giving them money! Oh wait we already gave the rich people money - that bailout for nearly $1 trillion went to the rich!

999 Is Herman Cain's baby. :rolleyes:

I don't think this has ever been a serious alternative; McCain only became a candidate in 2008 because the republicans knew that they were going to lose the election following 8 years of George W. He was an old warhorse who offered to his party to lead a hopeless battle. I think he deliberately chose someone like Sarah Palin as running mate to make sure that he would lose.

That's absolutely ridiculous. Why would you purposely want to lose? Spend all those millions to lose? Also, the people who chose McCain were essentially the tens million Republican party members who voted in the primaries. These were ordinary people who wanted to win as bad as Obama's supporters, they had no collusion agenda to sabotage their own party's chances.

So McCain endorsed Romney for the top job, any chance that former presidential canidate John McCain will crop up on the ticket, now that it seems inevitable that Romney will secure the top spot as the GOP Headliner?

Obama/Biden vs McCain is a proven loser, so why go for a loser again? I think it's a longshot for a Nixon repeat situation again. Palin was a bigger problem than McCain on that ticket, but he did pick her.

Even if Mitt asked McCain he may have taken his crack and may not want to run again.

Romney/McCain isn't a horrible ticket for the GOP, but I agree with most here that it's very likely not going to happen.

I think a winning ticket would be my neighbor's dog and my neighbor's cat. They get along pretty well.

Polls show that the American people are sick and tired of the politicians, both Democrat and Republican. In most elections about half of the people don't vote, probably because there is not much difference between the Democrats and the Republicans.

But if the Republican Party were to put up my neighbor's dog and my neighbor's cat up for election I think they would beat Obama. After all, my neighbor's dog is smarter than Rick Perry, George Bush, or Sarah Palin.

In addition, the American people are sick and tired of Obama. He's kind of like a smart version of George Bush. Well, anything would seem like a smart version of George Bush.

Many times the VP pick of a moderate like Romney is someone who's more of a conservative, to please the base. McCain ain't no conservative. Speaking of which, McCain's pick is a good example of that. It's also interesting that the best the Republicans could do the last two presidential election cycles was to select moderates. Didn't turn out so well the first time.

VP's on the ticket use to deliver home states to the win column. Not such a big deal anymore....Al Gore couldn't even deliver his own state when running as president!

Note that ex-Gov Tim Pawlenty (inexplicably) got out of the race very early and joined the Romney effort, and he has been rewarded with some campaign debt retirement by Romney types. T-Paw may appeal to some Tea Party members and could help deliver a purple state to the red end zone.

....but Obama still wins the election.

VP's on the ticket use to deliver home states to the win column. Not such a big deal anymore....Al Gore couldn't even deliver his own state when running as president!

Note that ex-Gov Tim Pawlenty (inexplicably) got out of the race very early and joined the Romney effort, and he has been rewarded with some campaign debt retirement by Romney types. T-Paw may appeal to some Tea Party members and could help deliver a purple state to the red end zone.

....but Obama still wins the election.

TPaw in a year with out Republicans jamming right to work on Minnesota could help, wont be a help this year. State Republicans are writing Obama's win right now all over the US.

Item: Indiana is now a Right To Work (RTW) state. Significant because Indiana is in the middle of the union rust belt.

23 down...27 to more to go.

Nice! I saw a stat today that showed RTW states have an unemployment rate about 3% lower than non-RTW states.

Item: Indiana is now a Right To Work (RTW) state. Significant because Indiana is in the middle of the union rust belt.

23 down...27 to more to go.

Indiana was a right to work state in the 50s it lasted 8 years. Maybe this time it will be shorter. Either way Republicans are spending their political capital and in doing so are handing Obama this election.

Indiana was a right to work state in the 50s it lasted 8 years. Maybe this time it will be shorter. Either way Republicans are spending their political capital and in doing so are handing Obama this election.

Obama already has the election, so best to make hay while they can. Vote Union NO!

Nice! I saw a stat today that showed RTW states have an unemployment rate about 3% lower than non-RTW states.

And that state would be a lie. The unemployment rate is lower by about .2% something that is statistically insignificant. You have some right to work states like North Dakota which has an unemployment at of like 3% this has more to do with an energy boom then anything else. Then you have states like Nevada with an unemployment at of 15% this has more to do with the housing crash then anything else. In fact of the last 4 quarters 7 of the 10 top states for unemployment are right to work stated. Fact is the right to work has very little effect on unemployment Shady. The right to work states do however have lower GDP, faster growing poverty numbers, and some of the lowest hourly wages in the country.