SunTV gone from Rogers basic cable package

To write a letter to be read to your co-workers or members of a political party you belong to is not done. What kind of a mindset does something like this? A really big ego. Or maybe someone with a skewed take on the reality of the situation.

Are you talking about the Reagan letter or the Layton one?

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Disgusting? I think you were tired or frustrated when you wrote that.

It's pretty uncommon to leave a letter to be read upon your death. A will yes, which might have any communication you would wish to say to your loved ones. In the end they are the only ones who count to a person on their death bed. To write a letter to be read to your co-workers or members of a political party you belong to is not done. What kind of a mindset does something like this? A really big ego. Or maybe someone with a skewed take on the reality of the situation.

I'm not taking the position of Shady who considers only the part directed to Canadians to be off base. I think the whole letter is off base. To make such a communication while living is fine, but to make the exact same letter with the intent of using your own death to amplify the message is plain weird. Don't get me wrong, a person can do what they want, it's their death. But their actions can be observed and commented on since in this case it was done in public. And to do this shows someone who thinks that they are bigger than the party, or the movement. Someone who thinks the party can't function without them, and it's a form of micro-management. It shows bad judgement. And that the party has so quickly fallen shows there wasn't a plan or structure in place to succeed outside of Layton's rule, which adds fire to the bad judgement idea.

Jack may have been many things, but he certainly was not perfect.

Well said. I'm glad I'm not the only one that thinks Jack Layton's assertion of Canada having to restore our good name in the world is pure NDP partisan crap. Which is obviously bad form to introduce in a blurb addressed to all Canadians. As if we're all suppose to agree with his NDP bullsh*t just because he's dying. Sorry, but that ain't gonna happen.

Hmmm, it reminds me of another time politics was introduced into a non-political situation...

I'm glad I'm not the only one that thinks Jack Layton's assertion of Canada having to restore our good name in the world is pure NDP partisan crap.

I never said you were the only one. I said that only a few other spiteful, overly partisan, conservative hacks agree with you. Sharkman proved me right. :lol:

Edited by LonJowett

Disgusting? I think you were tired or frustrated when you wrote that.

Yes, in fact, I was, and am rather frustrated. I think that you lack any kind of understanding or human decency, based on the below:

To write a letter to be read to your co-workers or members of a political party you belong to is not done.

You see, that isn't your's to judge. You even say so later in your post, but yet you do it anyway, pretending that Jack's life didn't have more meaning to more people than your's or mine would. He was not you.

Jack may have been many things, but he certainly was not perfect.

No one has ever said that he was, but the posts you and Shady are making are still disgusting attempts to discredit a leader who left a message on his death bed. You don't have to agree with it, but to criticize it, to pretend that you knew exactly what his thought process was. There are some things I can think of to say, but I won't.

By the way, I lever liked Jack Layton - at all. The letter though, made me have far more respect for him, and gave me a better understanding of who we was.

Well said. I'm glad I'm not the only one that thinks Jack Layton's assertion of Canada having to restore our good name in the world is pure NDP partisan crap.

He was the leader of the NDP. What the hell do you expect? Seriously, this idea that someone isn't allowed to say what they believe because their dying is laughable. I mean, you obviously think it's okay to spread pure partisan cap while you are alive and expecting to say so. You do it several times a day.

And I'm not sure why you would expect that. He was a political leader, and quite frankly, it was his death, not yours. Get over it.

I wouldn't let him get to you Smallc. He doesn't really believe what he says. He's just trying to "annoy liberals", as he puts it. It's all good for entertainment value though. Fortunately neither are bright enough to get through a debate without having their pants pulled down once. :lol:

I wouldn't let him get to you Smallc. He doesn't really believe what he says. He's just trying to "annoy liberals", as he puts it. It's all good for entertainment value though. Fortunately neither are bright enough to get through a debate without having their pants pulled down once. :lol:

And you are certainly not one to talk. Most of your posts, like this one, are simply "me too" posts or have a smart ass response. And when you get owned, you ignore it. You don't have the integrity to respond.

And you are certainly not one to talk. Most of your posts, like this one, are simply "me too" posts or have a smart ass response. And when you get owned, you ignore it. You don't have the integrity to respond.

I suspect you simply object to the result of LJ's response... just pick up your pants, shake it off and come back harder next time, hey?

And I'm not sure why you would expect that.

I guess going by what other politicians have done in the past, ie Reagan.

He was a political leader, and quite frankly, it was his death, not yours. Get over it.

I'm well aware it was his death. But that shouldn't silence people of criticizing the partisan political aspects of his letter. In my opinion, it was bad form. But we can agree to disagree.

Back to Sun TV, I thought the cable and satellites supplies gave 6 months free subscription and then if you wanted it, you had to pay for it am I wrong on this? I have Shaw Sat. and its still on and I visit every so often, just to hear about they are talking about, and I don't stay long. They are either talking about groups against the Tories or what's happening in the US, which they do more of than the other Canadians channels. To me, they don't seem to give boths sides of the topic but I could be wrong.

And when you get owned, you ignore it. You don't have the integrity to respond.

I must have missed something. What are you referring to?

Edit: I think I figured it out myself. Are you referring to this?

You can't tell the difference? Reagan's was not to be read upon his death and did not use his own death to amplify a message.

If so, you'll have to take it up with Shady about whether Reagan's message was to be considered his last words. It's his example not mine. But either way, you can't make a sentence without "amplifying a message." The question is whether you feel the person's message should include absolutely anything that someone might disagree with. I think we have determined that you and Shady believe that is so (while hypocritically smearing the character of someone who can no longer defend himself), and virtually no one else on the planet agrees with you.

So much for being "owned." :lol:

Edited by LonJowett

That's fair! The other news outlets don't seem to give both sides to me either! :lol:

I dunno... I see both sides in most of the Canadian media. The CBC had a lot of coverage of the whole sponsorship thing which ended up hurting the liberals, and for the most part they treat the conservatives pretty well.

I wont watch ANY of it, and Iv never seen SunTV and never will... but I dont find most Canadian media to be overtly bias.

I dunno... I see both sides in most of the Canadian media. The CBC had a lot of coverage of the whole sponsorship thing which ended up hurting the liberals, and for the most part they treat the conservatives pretty well.

I wont watch ANY of it, and Iv never seen SunTV and never will... but I dont find most Canadian media to be overtly bias.

Well that's a somewhat ignorant opinion. There are Liberal columnists in the Sun papers and Sun News has Liberal guests on its panel shows.

The late day commentators are pretty much all conservative but they cover the news just like most outlets.

Well that's a somewhat ignorant opinion. There are Liberal columnists in the Sun papers and Sun News has Liberal guests on its panel shows.

The late day commentators are pretty much all conservative but they cover the news just like most outlets.

Oops... You accidentally responded to something I didnt right. I never said a word about SunTVs bias.