Another Canadian hurt in Mexico

Topaz

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest American Woman

And yet, Canada and Mexico are number 1 and 2. Funny that. I think you just like to be difficult.

Why yes, it goes without saying that anyone who doesn't completely agree with your take and/or adds their own observations simply "likes to be difficult." :lol:

Yes, Canada and Mexico are #1 and #2, but #'s 3, 4, and 5 don't fit your criteria - which was my point. Also, not all applications for visas are accepted, which affects the statistics too. In other words, some people who would like to visit the U.S. are unable to do so.

And while Canada and Mexico both have the same proximity to the U.S., Mexico is on the top ten list while Canada is not - according to Forbes, 20,271,000 Americans travel to Mexico as opposed to 12,495,000 to Canada (personally, I'd rather go to Canada) - so there has to be more to it than "going somewhere close to them, due to cost." Which was also my point. And I repeat: "close" and "less cost" don't necessarily go hand and hand. Fact is, the cheapest, "biggest bang for the buck" trip that I've taken was also the farthest.

But I only bring all of this up to be difficult - not because it's relevant to the discussion/what you've said. B)

So you honestly believe that people don't take the majority of their trips to closer countries? Really? Of course, that isn't the case all of the time. I didn't say that. You're inferring things that aren't there.

Edited by Smallc

As far as numbers goes and dollar values I believe Macau surged ahead of Las Vegas for Gambling(only place in China where it is legal).Aswell Macau is an awesome little city rich with Portuguese heritage/culture/architecture!

Aswell it would be interesting to see various tourist numbers for several different Chinese cities.

WWWTT

The reason people travel to Mexico more than Canada would be .. I suspect .. because of .. warm weather. It's the main reason many older Canadians spend the winter months in Florida.

Exactly. And the dollar goes far there.

Anyways, speaking of violence in Mexico, apparently an American got hit from a stray bullet on the US side of the border from a gun fight that took place on the Mexican side.

Mother pushing stroller in Texas hit with bullet from Mexico

(Reuters) - A woman pushing her child in a stroller in downtown El Paso, Texas, was struck by an assault rifle bullet fired from across the border in Ciudad Juarez, Mexico

AP

Anyways, speaking of violence in Mexico, apparently an American got hit from a stray bullet on the US side of the border from a gun fight that took place on the Mexican side.

Similar thing happened to an Ohio girl last year...shot dead from 1.5 miles away:

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/ondeadline/post/2011/12/amish-teens-death-ruled-a-homcide-in-ohio/1#.T0Vl13mCVY0