New Cross Border Deal

Liberal interim leader Bob Rae expressed concern that Prime Minister Stephen Harper signed a trade-related deal with the Americans without getting Washington to reduce trade irritants or reduce protectionist measures like Buy America, which excludes Canadian companies from doing business south of the border.

http://www.thestar.com/news/canada/politics/article/1099336--opposition-demands-answers-on-cost-privacy-issues-in-u-s-border-deal

After ramming the Omnibus Crime Bill through the House then realizing they needed to add amendments, it wouldn't surprise me if this government has continued its habit of act-first-questions-later politics on this one too.

Sigh.

We have plenty of errors in legislation SOTB, especially in my field of practice, bankruptcy. In 2005 whent he stars finally lined up to pass legislation hostile to bankruptcy law debtors, a bill that had been languishing in one form or another for about 12 years was suddenly resurrected and passed with no review for even glaring errors.

The results would be hilarious if they weren't tragic.

After ramming the Omnibus Crime Bill through the House then realizing they needed to add amendments, it wouldn't surprise me if this government has continued its habit of act-first-questions-later politics on this one too.

Cybercoma, in my opinion, it is rare that mistakes are made. We may attribute bad legislation to "mistakes," but it is very deliberate. And that's what angers me the most. These so-called mistakes are by design. And one more thing, I believe strongly that conspiracy in government is the norm; it is not the exception. Far too many people have it backward. Once we have that one clearly understood, everything else falls into place and makes sense. Take 911 for instance; identify all that has happened since, and Eureka, the puzzle is solved. We may not like the picture it forms, but damn it does make sense.