Umm the U.S. has bean on a losing streak,for 60yrs

Lets start at WW2, where the objective was to destroy, and rid the world of nazi/facist threats.

How can the U.S. say it won when nazi groups all around the world, including america(KKK,arian's nation, etc).

Oh and by the way the new dictionary term for terrorism puts the KKK on the terrorist columb, and the Bush knows where they are not hiding in some cave over see's but right in are very backyards.

The Cold War, was a silent war against Communist Russia and it's allies.

Well if the U.S. wanted to show how hard there convition is to a war, this shows failure, since China is now a super power with nukes, and is cummunist.

And why did the U.S not invade China, to stop them from getting WMD, but invade a little country where there are more cammels than guns?

The War on Drugs...nuff said, they lost BAD!

The war on terrorism....this is frieghtening the U.S. better smarten up, quick.

If they wanna win this one.

In all the cases that you mentioned, what would have you done different?

In all the cases that you mentioned, what would have you done different?

In a perfect world, I would of elected a governemnt that didn't cause problems so they could then later use the excuse of fixing them, with ruining other countries to keep itself on top.

In a perfect world, I would of elected a governemnt that didn't cause problems so they could then later use the excuse of fixing them, with ruining other countries to keep itself on top.

Thats a cop-out if I ever heard one.......... :lol:

What, do you live in a glass house?

In the War on Drugs, I would have instead recognized the Liberty and Freedom mean that 'victimless crimes' don't exist and not imposed any sort of criminal prohibition on recreational substance use.

In the 'War on Terror', I would not have assisted the cause of terrorists by politicising my response to them. I would treat them like the criminals they are, not like a moral crisis, not like a military war.

In the War on Drugs, I would have instead recognized the Liberty and Freedom mean that 'victimless crimes' don't exist and not imposed any sort of criminal prohibition on recreational substance use.

I tend to agree, but for different reasons.......even though I don't use drugs, I think we don't need the government holding our hands for our entire life. The only exception would be the saftey and education of children.

In the 'War on Terror', I would not have assisted the cause of terrorists by politicising my response to them. I would treat them like the criminals they are, not like a moral crisis, not like a military war.

How are you going to treat a nation(s) that supports terrorists as a criminal?

Drugs ... I think perhaps the government DOES need to "hold our hands for our entire lives" in some cases. There are many people out there who have (for the leftists) very serious problems, and (for the more right-wing member of this forum), ARE a drain on our economy and society in general. As long as people do things detrimental to themselves and society, they need help. Legalizing drugs is NOT the answer.

Now, the second part of it... how do we combat drugs, and similarly, terrorism? Conventional policing has not been terribly effective against drugs, and literally zero effect on terrorism... in both cases, because they are generally based in foreign countries, whose governments are more often than not hostile to Western interests. So, as long as we agree that terrorism and drugs are a problem, and as long as we agree that policing can't solve them, then what are we to do?

I don't have the answer... military intervention seems like the most effective means of response, but there are many very good arguments to NOT use the military in these roles... not the least of which is that any military role in a foreign country constitutes an invasion... What do you think?

• 2 weeks later...

How do we stop the war on Terrorism?

The answer is we can’t, At least not without massive amounts of mental conditioning. For as long as any empire or country exists there will always be someone who doesn’t like how things are being run and will use there personal resources to try and stop your plans. The most you can ever do against terrorism is to minimize its damages. You can do this by attacking other countries or you can do this by reforming your own country to not be so ‘threatening’ to the world. All this hype about WMD is, on a large part, a bluff. No one is going to launch a Nuclear strike simply because M.A.D (Mutually Assured Destruction) would occur and we wouldn’t have a species around anymore. I can assure everyone here that ending the human species is not in the best interests of any ‘militant’ group.

The easiest way to stop most problems in the world is to form true democracies. One person. One vote. That means no ‘house of commons’, ‘senate’ or ‘congress’. A civil service, chosen by ability, would run the countries. This would eliminate the centralization of power to a very small amount of people. If the entirety of the 1st world countries were run this way you would see a huge drop in terrorism simply because you wouldn’t have people with questionable motives running the country. The society would always make the right choice on matters of policy (especially foreign policy).

How do we deal with the war on drugs?

Once again, we don’t, there will be people out there who will do drugs just because it is forbidden. It’s human nature to be curious and do the ‘forbidden’ thing, At most what we could do is create policies that would allow a person to take drugs if they had the medical need to or if the drug they took didn’t interfere with public safety, public health or society’s safety or health.