Anti-Bully Legislation

Boges

wow... what's up with that, stereotyping underachievers as bullies...

It's not far from the mark. Not all underachievers are bullies, but I've never, ever, seen a bully that wasn't an underachiever. And I've met literally hundreds of bullies. The reality is, smart people have better things to do than waste their time bullying others. It is only the lowest kind of idiots that derive their pleasure from making their fellow schoolchildren miserable.

Edited by Bonam

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wow... what's up with that, stereotyping underachievers as bullies...

I should qualify it better to say, it was those with behavioral problem who were sent to the ranch. Me, I was an underachiever in high school. But it was only because I didn't care and wanted to have too much fun. I always passed, (barely) and I never bothered anyone. That the difference

It's not far from the mark. Not all underachievers are bullies, but I've never, ever, seen a bully that wasn't an underachiever. And I've met literally hundreds of bullies. The reality is, smart people have better things to do than waste their time bullying others. It is only the lowest kind of idiots that derive their pleasure from making their fellow schoolchildren miserable.

I dunno. A lot of the bullies at my school were sports kids. Popular kids, decent grades etc.

Religious leaders object to bully legislation

Ontario's Liberal government says it is not prepared to abandon the sex-ed component of a pending anti-bullying law, despite criticism by some religious leaders Tuesday that it is an affront to traditional family values.

Christian, Jewish and Muslim representatives say they agree school bullies must be stopped, but they can't condone a requirement under the legislation proposed to deal with it that schools promote sexual tolerance through gay clubs.

"To force, especially Christian classrooms or schools, to have homosexual clubs would of course be an affront to their family values," Charles McVety, of the Institute for Canadian Values, told a joint news conference.

McVety's one dude who should consider dying in a fire.

Other religious activists say there will be a mass exodus of kids from public and separate schools if the anti-bullying bill with its sexual accommodation provisions is not amended.

Gee I wonder where the bullies in schools get it from.

this legislation is an attack on moral Ontario citizens by the pro gay agents of the far left.

its an attempt to break down the family unit so that children can be brainwashed easier.

Ontarians need to stand up against these sinners and keep their satanic thoughts outside our schools.

BWAAAAA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA!!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I was bullied once...and then I stood up to the bully and the bully backed off and went on to bully another kid

apparently bullying is on social networks now.. why are parents letting their 12 year olds have facebooks and twitters? that is unacceptable

Maybe in some cases people have to toughen up a bit, but there situations that are a lot worse than what you describe here, and when you have multiple kids (not just the stereotypical bully) picking on one kid who has "I wish I was dead" scrawled all over her notebooks, there may be grounds for intervention.

Do you guys really think this legislation will be effective or is this another feel good exercise?

Of course not. You can't change the fundamental psychology and nature of human beings. There will always be those children who fit in less than others, and those who lead others in ostracizing them in order to enhance their own status and popularity.

this legislation is an attack on moral Ontario citizens by the pro gay agents of the far left.

its an attempt to break down the family unit so that children can be brainwashed easier.

Ontarians need to stand up against these sinners and keep their satanic thoughts outside our schools.

I hope youre not a teacher

Schools already have anti-bullying rules and programs. I think the purpose of the legislation is to inform the broader public about what bullying looks like, and to make adults think about their own behaviour that might be bullying, or might be teaching their child to bully - eg prejudices against gays or other groups that might encourage bullying.

I think MP's and MPP's need to learn this lesson too. Our legislatures are full of bullying behaviour.

Lots of reasons beyond schools and gays that this legislation is a really good idea.

Well I can tell you a story. My cousin Alfredo, his daughter, when she went to school they tell her it's ok to be gay. Lots of people are gay and they don't even know it. So when she was 14 she say to him, Daddy I have a girlfriend, I am gay, and we had gay sex already. He didn't know what to do. He was a little freaked out but he didn't get mad at her. He just ignored it but he told her he doesn't think being gay is normal. After a few months, she didn't stay with the other girl. Now she is much older and she goes to college, and she has a boyfriend. She said she was only experimenting, because she was confused and thought maybe she was gay, by what the school teacher told her.

Yes I was bullied when I was a kid. Punched in the mouth, faced washed out with snow, kicked. Hunted. But I survived.

Whatever doesn't kill me, makes me stronger

I was bullied too....

Then I got bigger and punched the bully out...Repeatedly,until the message got home...

He's a friend of mine now...

I would not agree.

Bullying in the past had set hours for the most part, during school time and more often than not, Mon-Fri.

Now it is 24-7 w FB and all the other social media.

Not to mention it gets to more people faster and easier than ever. In The old Ford days one would have to explain ad naseum why he is bullying X , and that gets tiring after a while.

Now everyone can know in the click of a mouse.

It sounds as though what you are saying is that the internet has made it easier for you to bully people...

Edited by Scotty