West wins big in new Liberal Cabinet

stoker....Most of the people on the planet would love to be living in Canada. If it is so bad here, why don't you trade places with them?

Being content with your surroundings leads to stagnancy then eventually death. As the saying goes, "a rolling stone gathers no moss" and right now the east is our bryophytic plant.

maplesyrup, to get back on topic, I feel the need to ask you now, are you of the understanding that the West is now infact losers as opposed to winners?

Just how does a banker understand the day to day running of a farm? You need a person with agricultural background to run that portfolio. That is like asking a person who lives in Saskatoon to run the fisheries department.

I see your point, but are you aware that Saskatchewan exports a tremendous amount of fish (from fish farms)? :ph34r:

Though I think that this gov't is as arrogant as ever, we should give them some benefit of the doubt. Because of the way he subverted democracy in his own party (placing his own hand picked candidates over constituency elected ones), I am very skeptical but willing to try out this minority situation.

maplesyrup, to get back on topic, I feel the need to ask you now, are you of the understanding that the West is now infact losers as opposed to winners?

stoker....everybody who lives in Canada is very fortunate and we are all winners, all the time. Take a look at the rest of the planet.

I rest my case. ;)

stoker....everybody who lives in Canada is very fortunate and we are all winners, all the time. Take a look at the rest of the planet.

I rest my case.

I agree that yes, a "poor Canadian" is better off in most cases then a "poor whatever"..........but maplesyrup thats not the question that I asked you:

-Again-

Are you of the understanding that the West is now infact losers as opposed to winners?

Still waiting maplesyrup:

Are you of the understanding that the West is now infact losers as opposed to winners?

"The West"

% of Canadian population: 30.0% (9.5m/31.7m)

% of Cabinet: 20.5% (8/39)

Under-represented by 9.5%

Ontario

% of population: 38.8% (12.3m/31.7m)

% of Cabinet: 41.0% (16/39)

Over-represented 2.2%

Quebec

% of population: 23.7% (7.5m/31.7m)

% of Cabinet: 20.5% (8/39)

Under-represented by 3.2%

Atlantic

% of population: 7.5% (2.4m/31.7m)

% of Cabinet: 18.0% (7/39)

Over-represented by 10.5%

So, despite all this talk of the west being the big winners in the new cabinet, the numbers show that this region is still by far the least represented in cabinet.

-kimmy

{time on my hands. :) }

At least Anderson is out...that makes us all winners to a certain extent. Now he is a real jerk. Please, please, please get rid of Anne next.

I agree with you on this one :o

Why? What's wrong with Landslide Annie?

I'm glad that Alberta at least has *somebody* in a high-ranking position.

Remember a few years back when that blithering idiot Diane Marleau was Health Minister? She and Gary Mar were in a war of words for months and Alberta was being penalized under the Health Act? And then Anne McLellan took over as Health Minister and she and Gary solved the dispute in 15 minutes over cocktail weenies at a convention.

Albertans need to have somebody in the upper reaches of government who wants to work with us instead of against us. Like her or not, that's Annie.

-kimmy