The Defacto Official NFL Thead (was 'Tim Tebow WTH?')

Shwa

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/388629_2425322468577_1116978222_31962204_1843188307_n.jpg

That was perhaps the best Football game I've seen ever, if not a very long time.

Tebow stepped up and delivered. Who cares if he finished with less than 50% of his passes. He threw for over 300 yards, threw for 2 TDs and ran one in with no INTs.

That New OT rule worked well eh? :lol:

Only 10 completions!!!!! See he's still the worst QB in NFL history!

I would like to know who these imaginary friends of yours and Shady are?

Who has made the case that he's the worst QB in NFL history?

He isn't even the worst QB of the 2011 season.

Why the need to set up such strawman BS?

Oh, right, that's what trolls do.... :rolleyes:

I would like to know who these imaginary friends of yours and Shady are?

Who has made the case that he's the worst QB in NFL history?

He isn't even the worst QB of the 2011 season.

Why the need to set up such strawman BS?

Oh, right, that's what trolls do.... :rolleyes:

So he's in the middle of the bottom third amongst QBs that took 100+ snaps this season. You're taking issue with my cheekish hyperbole because stastically he's better than Caleb Haine and Blaine Gabbert. :rolleyes:

Dan Le Batard says it right that Tebow provides evidence for both sides of the arguement. That's why he's so polarizing.

That being said, not even his strongest proponents would have guess he would make the League's best passing defense and make them look pedestrian.

Edited by Boges

Whatever the reason, any team that allows a 30 yard average per completion pass rate is covering receivers very poorly.

Is that suppose to be Tebow's fault? :rolleyes:

I love it. When Tebow has a bad game, it's cause he sucks. When he has a good game, it's because the other team didn't play well. :rolleyes:

Edited by Shady

So he's in the middle of the bottom third amongst QBs that took 100+ snaps this season. You're taking issue with my cheekish hyperbole because stastically he's better than Caleb Haine and Blaine Gabbert. :rolleyes:

Dan Le Batard says it right that Tebow provides evidence for both sides of the arguement. That's why he's so polarizing.

That being said, not even his strongest proponents would have guess he would make the League's best passing defense and make them look pedestrian.

The reason FO uses the system that they do is because it allows for a larger sample size which allows one to see trends.

Looking at each play provides more useful information rather than counting wins/losses (which are primarily team based).

The sample size for Tebow is still too small which is why we can't pass judgment on him yet as being either good or bad (never mind adding "very" to either term). There simply is not enough data.

I know this sounds boring but Denver has a QB with a lot of potential who can turn out anywhere between great or bad.

Tebow looks like he has his head screwed on right and is willing to put in some work so I'm thinking he won't turn up bad. Likely somewhere around good to very good - sort of like an Eli Manning but with a more entertaining skill set.

I love it. When Tebow has a bad game, it's cause he sucks. When he has a good game, it's because the other team didn't play well. :rolleyes:

Excellent use of rolly-eyes face. Very nice.

When have I ever said Tebow sucks? Never.

I said that the Steelers long-ball coverage sucked... and it did!!

The truth is likely somewhere in the middle.

Tebow played well and certainly is the MVP of this game.

Pittsburgh also played poorly - Big Ben had some obvious troubles due to his high ankle sprain (although they must have given him a shot at half time).

I think the Pittsburgh defensive game plan was either poorly thought up (which can happen even to a hall of famer) or poorly executed (which happens even to good players).

I also think Denver's defensive line played very well although the various injuries and substitutions to Pittsburgh's O-line provided an assist.

I'm a fan of Denver's D-line and LB'ers - in fact I prefer Denver over Pittsburgh period (I hate Rapistburger as I call him) - but even I will admit that Denver's D had an assist from an idiot centre (stratosphere snap was hilarious) and a substituted O-line that had problems protecting a gimpy QB.

If Tebow can work similar magic against NE, Hou/Bal, and then GB/NO/SF then he will deserve the praise that some seem ready to crown him with.

Until then, he played his best game of the year and deserves praise for that.

The truth is likely somewhere in the middle.

Pittsburgh also played poorly - Big Ben had some obvious troubles due to his high ankle sprain (although they must have given him a shot at half time).

I think the Pittsburgh defensive game plan was either poorly thought up (which can happen even to a hall of famer) or poorly executed (which happens even to good players).

I also think Denver's defensive line played very well although the various injuries and substitutions to Pittsburgh's O-line provided an assist.

I'm a fan of Denver's D-line and LB'ers - in fact I prefer Denver over Pittsburgh period (I hate Rapistburger as I call him) - but even I will admit that Denver's D had an assist from an idiot centre (stratosphere snap was hilarious) and a substituted O-line that had problems protecting a gimpy QB.

If Tebow can work similar magic against NE, Hou/Bal, and then GB/NO/SF then he will deserve the praise that some seem ready to crown him with.

Until then, he played his best game of the year and deserves praise for that.

The Denver D kinda melted down in the fourth quarter. Ben looked like the old Ben that won that SB against the Cards.

Had Denver lost two other, non-Tebow players, would have worn the Goat horns. Willis Mgahee's fumble that led to the Steelers game-winning drive was a momentum killer. Also Champ Bailey dropped a sure INT that hit him in the numbers in the End-Zone. Both those 4th down lapses could have made the OT unneeded.

I know it's MSM but ESPN Page 2 has this really funny story about Tebow today.

http://espn.go.com/espn/page2/story/_/id/7442005/tim-tebow-spawns-theories-explain-development-quarterback-denver-broncos

Tim Tebow: Zombie

He can't be stopped. He can't be killed. He just keeps coming for you. Coming for us all. He doesn't want to kill you. He doesn't want to eat your flesh. He just wants to win. He's the world's first wholesome, positive zombie. The only screams you'll hear are his ... celebrating another touchdown.

Tim Tebow: Good, Young Developing Quarterback

Now stay with me on this one. It's the craziest theory yet. Here we go: Tim Tebow is a young NFL quarterback who has started only 15 games in his career. As such, he is still getting acclimated to the pro game. So sometimes he plays very well, sometimes not so well, and other times he does his job and contributes to a win equally alongside his defense, running backs, etc. I know. I know. Psychotic. The rambling, incoherent thoughts of a madman. But maybe so insane that it's sane?

Actually I think there's an argument to be made that Denarius Thomas was the MVP of the game. All of those big plays, particularly the game winner, resulted from Thomas being continually able to make Ike Taylor look like a hapless idiot (highlighted by the smackdown during the game-winning play.) Without Thomas being able to continuously victimize Taylor, the game would have been completely different regardless of Tebow's play. Thomas was the MVP, and without his spectacular game, Tebow's stats would have been awfully Tebow-like.

And yet everything you see in the paper today is about Tebow; hardly a word about the real star of the game. Which is just another example of how ridiculous the Tebow hype has been.

The other side of the coin is those who say when Tebow has a bad game, it's the struggles of a young quarterback... but when he has a good game, it's A MESSAGE FROM GOD!!!

I don't have a problem saying that Tebow had a good game. I just think it's funny that all the people who credit Jesus when things go right for Tebow are so quiet when things go wrong for him.

Although I'm getting a little sick of hearing how yesterday's game is a message from Baby Jesus, I'm actually kind of glad the Broncos won for a couple of reasons.

First off, while I hate Tebowmania, I don't hate Tebow himself. As I mentioned earlier in this thread, he sounds like a very sincere person. Roethlisberger, on the other hand, is a scumbag. Probably a future hall of fame scumbag, but a scumbag nonetheless. As I said at around this time last year, I never wish for anything good to happen for Roethlisberger.

Second, I felt like the Broncos really got screwed on the call where Roethlisberger threw a backwards pass, the receiver dropped it, and a Bronco jumped on it. That should have been a Broncos possession deep in Steelers territory. Instead, a quick whistle from the referee resulted in the Steelers retaining possession and eventually going down and scoring a TD that put them back in the game. That was a 10 or 14 point swing resulting directly from a bad call by the referee, and I hate seeing that happen. If the Steelers had won, that call would have tainted the whole thing, to me.

I know it's MSM but ESPN Page 2 has this really funny story about Tebow today.

My favorite part...

Tim Tebow: Spiritual Icon, Motivational Speaker, Future President

Does God care about the outcome of football games? Does it matter? Tebow is making millions of people believe that God does. Just check out Twitter after any Broncos win. Or look at all the hysteria over his throwing for 316 yards against the Steelers. OMG! Like John 3:16! It's a sign! Yes, even a coincidental stat has become evidence of Tebow's heavenly favor. And 316 yards is specifically a reference to John 3:16, of course, not any of the 3:16s in the other 66 books of the Bible, such as Leviticus 3:16: "And the priest shall burn them upon the altar: it is the food of the offering made by fire for a sweet savour: all the fat is the LORD'S." Nope. Totally John 3:16.

Funny.

-k