The Defacto Official NFL Thead (was 'Tim Tebow WTH?')

Shwa

On 2017-01-22 at 5:19 PM, kimmy said:

The Atlanta Falcons put a serious beating on the Packers today!

I'm not particularly interested in the Falcons, but I do get a little tired of seeing the same handful of teams-- Patriots, Steelers, Packers, Seahawks, Broncos-- in the post season every year, so seeing somebody new rise up is a nice change.

-k

Agreed.  

As someone said on Twitter: Trump is right. John Lewis's district is a mess with 53 men getting the shit kicked out of them.....

See link if you don't get the joke: http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2017/jan/15/donald-trump/trumps-john-lewis-crime-invested-atlanta/

The Patriots are particularly insufferable with Trump as President (as he likes to talk of his freindships with Bill and Tom - much to their embarrassment). 

Glad to see Matt Ryan get some spotlight: he is a very good QB and this past year has been the best in the league. 

I probably won't watch much of the game, if any, but will check out the stats and play by play after the fact. 

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 1/25/2017 at 10:10 PM, msj said:

Agreed.  

As someone said on Twitter: Trump is right. John Lewis's district is a mess with 53 men getting the shit kicked out of them.....

See link if you don't get the joke: http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2017/jan/15/donald-trump/trumps-john-lewis-crime-invested-atlanta/

The Patriots are particularly insufferable with Trump as President (as he likes to talk of his freindships with Bill and Tom - much to their embarrassment). 

Glad to see Matt Ryan get some spotlight: he is a very good QB and this past year has been the best in the league. 

I probably won't watch much of the game, if any, but will check out the stats and play by play after the fact. 

I googled “US billionaires”.

It appears there are 540 of them with a net worth of 2.4 trillion. Many are worth more than 20 billion.

I believe it’s about 60 billionaires that have more wealth than half the world’s population combined.

Super bowl Sunday is almost here, and the game will temporarily cover many fans with a thin blanket of vague satisfaction. But Monday’s sun will rise, and millions upon millions will drag their asses to unfulfilling jobs, wishing their wages could somehow rise to the $800/wk. stratosphere.

In contrast,Roger Goodell, the NFL commissioner, will take in approximately $800,000/wk.

We’re all familiar with the exorbitant salaries of celebrities and sports figures.

Life is unfair and the “marketplace” is the Great Determinator and also the Great Terminator.

Brows were sweating and people were scratching their heads trying to figure out, how can we pay for the wall, how can we rebuild the infrastructure? What about the debt, etc.?

“The vast conspiracy of rackets” is somehow able to turn our focus away from the extreme disparities and obvious solutions.

12 hours ago, Cum Laude said:

I googled “US billionaires”.

It appears there are 540 of them with a net worth of 2.4 trillion. Many are worth more than 20 billion.

I believe it’s about 60 billionaires that have more wealth than half the world’s population combined.

Super bowl Sunday is almost here, and the game will temporarily cover many fans with a thin blanket of vague satisfaction. But Monday’s sun will rise, and millions upon millions will drag their asses to unfulfilling jobs, wishing their wages could somehow rise to the $800/wk. stratosphere.

In contrast,Roger Goodell, the NFL commissioner, will take in approximately $800,000/wk.

We’re all familiar with the exorbitant salaries of celebrities and sports figures.

Life is unfair and the “marketplace” is the Great Determinator and also the Great Terminator.

Brows were sweating and people were scratching their heads trying to figure out, how can we pay for the wall, how can we rebuild the infrastructure? What about the debt, etc.?

“The vast conspiracy of rackets” is somehow able to turn our focus away from the extreme disparities and obvious solutions.

If all us normo's didn't love sports the way we do, there's no way those billionaires in the box and millionaires on the field/court would be able to make that money. 

What an infuriating Super Bowl. 

You think you'll finally get to see Belicheat/Brady get humiliated in a Super Bowl and they end up completing a comeback for the ages and solidify Brady and Belicheat as respective GOATs. 

I'm not even mad that the Falcons Defensive couldn't stop a fly about half way through the second quarter.

What's upsetting is Matt Ryan and the Falcon's Offence played so poorly in the second half, doing two drive killing disasters in the fourth quarter that let Brady get back into the game. 

Edited by Boges

I don't know if it would have made a difference and you have to give the Pats credit, but the NFL's overtime rules are like having a shootout in hockey and if the first guy scores, the other team doesn't even get a shot. Pathetic. For a championship game, more than pathetic.

Edited by Wilber

The NFL's OT rules used to be Sudden Death, so a FG would have resulted in a win. Now if a team scores a FG you have to give the ball back, but if there's a defensive score or a TD the game ends. 

I remember Tebow's playoff game against the Steelers where he threw a TD pass winning a playoff game. 

I like the NFL's OT rule, There's a defence that is tasked to stop the offence. The Falcons clearly couldn't stop the Pats, lets say they do get the ball back and tie it up, is it sudden death then? Why? They responded the first TD with the second. 

College and the CFL has a system where you get the ball from the 25 and it keep going back every round you finish tied. I find that system way more complicated. 

The Falcons have several opportunities to win this game, the OT system is fine. 

• 2 months later...