Fox News Viewers Know Less Than Those Who Don't Watch Any News

cybercoma

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, they absolutely do misinform their viewers. Like I've said, NBC and MSNBC were caught both brutally editing the George Zimmerman 911 tape, and a Mitt Romney speech, completely changing the reality of both instances. That's as worse as it gets in terms of misinformation.

And yet still... their viewers are more informed than FOX viewers.

And yet still... their viewers are more informed than FOX viewers.

True but we dont know if Fox is to blame. Maybe fox just targets a demographic that was already stupid? Its news for the bible belt, rural farmers and nascar fans... Are you suggesting that these people were well informed even before fox ever existed?

True but we dont know if Fox is to blame. Maybe fox just targets a demographic that was already stupid? Its news for the bible belt, rural farmers and nascar fans... Are you suggesting that these people were well informed even before fox ever existed?

These variables were controlled for in the studies.

No, they absolutely do misinform their viewers. Like I've said, NBC and MSNBC were caught both brutally editing the George Zimmerman 911 tape, and a Mitt Romney speech, completely changing the reality of both instances. That's as worse as it gets in terms of misinformation.

Hey Shady, Have you got any links to these two stories that were altered? I haven't seen them and would like to read up on them. Thx.

It's the least I can do....with so many Canadians watching American news media that is not state controlled.

america was going down the tubes until obama came in. you will be in big trouble again if obama loses. but he will win so america will have a chance unless the republicans prevent obama from doing good things. i will be in the united states close to election time to volunteer for the obama camp. i cant wait. we need an obama up here.

america was going down the tubes until obama came in. you will be in big trouble again if obama loses.

Yea, but at least I won't have to pay for the CBC.

but he will win so america will have a chance unless the republicans prevent obama from doing good things.

Sorry, that how the US system of government works. Enjoy the Conservative majority until at least 2015.

i will be in the united states close to election time to volunteer for the obama camp. i cant wait. we need an obama up here.

Oh great...another American wannabe. Have fun!

Just a point of order, CBC is not state controlled.

The CBC is the heart and soul of canada. without the CBC many canadians would be lost. the cbc represents excellence in broadcasting and their news is by far the best in north america.

Not a fact at all. Not even partially.

It is a fact that the CBC is Canada's state broadcaster. Reflecting the same narrative about financing, control, bias, and purpose of any other broadcast media entity, one must conclude that the "state controlled" shoe fits.

And you know it. :)

I only know that it pains you to confront such an obvious relationship. Don't worry, Her Majesty approves.

Guest American Woman

Not a fact at all. Not even partially.

And you know it. :)

It's got to be at least partially; the state funds it and the state controls who runs it. When more funds are needed, the funds come from the government. The board and senior executive are appointed by the PM and his cabinet. You don't think that amounts to 'controlled by the state?' Certainly it's run by the state.

....The board and senior executive are appointed by the PM and his cabinet. You don't think that amounts to 'controlled by the state?' Certainly it's run by the state.

'Zactly...why does the narrative of "right wing control" through ownership and financing apply only to "Faux News" and other media outlets but not the CBC? Methinks some bristle at the pejorative term "state controlled" as it historicaly has been associated with other government controlled media (e.g. Soviet Union's TASS), but the definition still holds for the CBC.

Edited by bush_cheney2004

Guest American Woman

There does seem to be influence and involvement AW, from rather well funded and larger groups at that!

Linky

Linky 2

As some readers are doubtless aware, the last few weeks have seen a still ongoing kerfuffle over allegations that two employees of the US-based campaign consulting firm Front Porch Strategies....

That's actually a bit different. "Front Door Strategies," according to its website, "provides services to businesses, organized labor groups," etc. and that would include, evidently, politicians/political campaigns. So it sounds as if they were there because they were on a job.

U.S. directors from Front Porch Strategies worked “in the trenches” for Tory candidates in 2011,....[...]In at least two Conservative-won ridings with reported election irregularities, Front Porch Strategies had US staff on the ground....

So it's two people - and they have a "Canadian liaison." It's not the same.

If you can show me a group of Americans, not a business, similar to Canadians for Obama, I would be truly interested. I'm not saying there is no such group, but Google "Canadians for Obama" and there are a lot of results.