Newt 2012

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have no idea what this guy is doing.

I don't think you can criticize Rick Santorum for choosing to continue. He's been competitive in most states. He's won the conservative-leaning states. He's within a few percentage points of Romney in most of these contests. He wins demographics like rural voters and lower-income voters. I think the size of the constituency that is supporting Santorum justifies his continued presence, even if the delegate math is becoming increasingly difficult. Texas is a huge conservative state, and he could win an awful lot of delegates there.

And Ron Paul... I think everybody including Ron Paul knows he won't win. But he doesn't even care... he's campaigning to spread his message. His continued presence in the campaign is probably good for the Republicans, because it is getting people to participate who normally wouldn't participate in politics, especially Republican politics. He's not taking away votes from other candidates, he is bringing votes from outside.

But Newt Gingrich? WTF? Lately he has been getting beat by Ron Paul. He's getting single-digit percentages of the popular vote. How can he possibly think he has any hope left? If Newt left the race right now, Rick Santorum might pick up the lion's share of Newt's votes and it might be enough to close the gap with Romney. Yesterday on CNN, Piers Morgan asked a Newt strategists why he was still in, and she promised that the conservative wing of the party was coalescing around Newt... her evidence? Endorsements from Sarah Palin and Rick Perry. Which is hilarious, because if he could just pick up an endorsement from Christine O'Donnell, he would have the perfect trifecta of political idiots standing behind him. The conservative wing of the party has coalesced around a candidate, Newt... and it's not you. GTFO.

-k

• 5 weeks later...

"How can I trust you if you don't pray?"

-Newt Gingrich.

"How can I trust you if you don't pay?"

-workers and businesses that Newt has stiffed.

Newt's campaign is over $4 million in debt. He owes campaign workers. He owes an airline and a security company. He owes a company that made signs for him. He owes J.C. Watts for an endorsement (you can buy those, apparently.) Newt owes lots and lots of money to lots and lots of people. (Some people he doesn't owe money to: Callista's business got paid. His annoying daughter's business got paid.)

This, apparently, is Fiscal Responsibility, Newt-Style.

How will he pay back all of this money? Well, perhaps he can take a cue from J.C. Watts and sell an endorsement to Mitt Romney. (what would you pay for an endorsement from Newt Gingrich? I don't think I'd go higher than about $20.)

-k

I just hear on TV, that Romney may pick Connie Rice as his running mate for VP, this would also help to get the women's vote. Thoughts?

I don't understand why that would help get the women's vote. It isn't that I disagree with you, it would help get the women's vote but that is the stupidest reason to vote for someone. Do these women just think, "she has a vagina, I have a vagina, I'm going to vote for her", regardless of the policies she and Romney would be pushing.

Guest American Woman

I don't understand why that would help get the women's vote. It isn't that I disagree with you, it would help get the women's vote but that is the stupidest reason to vote for someone. Do these women just think, "she has a vagina, I have a vagina, I'm going to vote for her", regardless of the policies she and Romney would be pushing.

Yeah, that's it. The whole vagina thing. Just like men hired/voted for men/etc. for years because they all had penises. <_<

Condi Rice is a class act. She deserves better than being a side-show on Mitt Romney's campaign of failure.

The Republican Bible-Tard base would never accept her anyway.

-k

Condi Rice is a class act. She deserves better than being a side-show on Mitt Romney's campaign of failure.

The Republican Bible-Tard base would never accept her anyway.

-k

I think you give way too much credit to Condi. A class act? You do remember the administration she was a part of, right? She was full on-board that train of poop, lying and propagandizing with the rest of them.

I think you give way too much credit to Condi. A class act? You do remember the administration she was a part of, right? She was full on-board that train of poop, lying and propagandizing with the rest of them.

I think she was the one who said it before Bush .. 'don't want the evidence to come in the form of a mushroom cloud' ... or something like that.

All the more reason to congratulate Ms. Dr. Rice for her long list of accomplishments. Oh, she also speaks five languages and plays the piano....very classy!