Ford Outsources Business Card Printing to Family Company

Do you think The Star will graciously apologize for this most recent attack? I doubt it. They'll probably say he was forced to pay it back because of all the negative publicity - generated by who else, why, The Star of course. And the childish vendetta continues.

The Star has no reason to apologize to Rob Ford for anything. They are just reporting the news.

And with the little delay between incurring the debt with City money and then, eventually, after it appears in the newspapers, paying it back - it looks negative all by his worships own hand.

Rob Ford’s freeze out

Ford allies shelve ‘free press’ motion

If the Mayor wants to be selective, all bets are off. The more revealing and embarassing antics the Star digs up, the better.

The Star has no reason to apologize to Rob Ford for anything. They are just reporting the news.

And with the little delay between incurring the debt with City money and then, eventually, after it appears in the newspapers, paying it back - it looks negative all by his worships own hand.

Rob Ford’s freeze out

Ford allies shelve ‘free press’ motion

If the Mayor wants to be selective, all bets are off. The more revealing and embarassing antics the Star digs up, the better.

The guy was in Mexico when the "story" broke....and The Star knows very well that Ford has always paid for his office expenses - every year for the past ten, he's claimed ZERO expenses. C'mon, there's plenty of REAL stuff for critics to complain about - but why "create" these smear stories.....because it's The Star - and they hate Ford....they're still fighting the last election, poor sops.

The guy was in Mexico when the "story" broke....and The Star knows very well that Ford has always paid for his office expenses - every year for the past ten, he's claimed ZERO expenses. C'mon, there's plenty of REAL stuff for critics to complain about - but why "create" these smear stories.....because it's The Star - and they hate Ford....they're still fighting the last election, poor sops.

Gosh, one would think that there is no such thing as bad publicity. Ford wants to feud with the Star, he pays the price, it is his own doing. If you don't like it, boycott the Star. There are plenty of other media outlets that will carry the latest news about Kim Kardashian or Justin Bieber.

Gosh, one would think that there is no such thing as bad publicity. Ford wants to feud with the Star, he pays the price, it is his own doing. If you don't like it, boycott the Star. There are plenty of other media outlets that will carry the latest news about Kim Kardashian or Justin Bieber.

You don't get it - he boycotted them because they were over the top in running smear stories during the campaign and overtly and completely disrespecting him - mug shots from Florida 15 years ago on the front page was a crowning example! And they haven't stopped - and they are never going to stop. That's why he's boycotted them - they'll never play nice.....and that's just the way it is. As it turns out, The Star served as dupes in the election - because even people who might not have voted - went out and voted for Ford because it became so obvious that The Star had a totally unfair anti-Ford agenda - and the people didn't like it.

I can't boycott The Star - I like the sports and my wife likes the Sudoku.

You don't get it - he boycotted them because they were over the top in running smear stories during the campaign and overtly and completely disrespecting him - mug shots from Florida 15 years ago on the front page was a crowning example! And they haven't stopped - and they are never going to stop. That's why he's boycotted them - they'll never play nice.....and that's just the way it is. As it turns out, The Star served as dupes in the election - because even people who might not have voted - went out and voted for Ford because it became so obvious that The Star had a totally unfair anti-Ford agenda - and the people didn't like it.

I can't boycott The Star - I like the sports and my wife likes the Sudoku.

Then fair is fair. And, as you put it, even the bad publicity from the Star is good for Ford, so why the complaints?

Then fair is fair. And, as you put it, even the bad publicity from the Star is good for Ford, so why the complaints?

Actually, I don't have complaints in the traditional sense - the Star is what they are - they drive me nuts sometimes, but it's a free country and they are entitled to their opinions - although I wish they'd restrict them to the editorial pages and just report the news. My postings are usually directed at those who would give credence to some of the stuff The Star spews out......like this stupid Business Card snit.

Actually, I don't have complaints in the traditional sense - the Star is what they are - they drive me nuts sometimes, but it's a free country and they are entitled to their opinions - although I wish they'd restrict them to the editorial pages and just report the news. My postings are usually directed at those who would give credence to some of the stuff The Star spews out......like this stupid Business Card snit.

Yeah, but their business is selling newspapers and if they chose to use Mayor Ford as a selling point, the ball is all in his court. Just like the entire Warrior Princess fiasco. Sometimes buffoons sell newspapers.

Yeah, but their business is selling newspapers and if they chose to use Mayor Ford as a selling point, the ball is all in his court. Just like the entire Warrior Princess fiasco. Sometimes buffoons sell newspapers.

You're mostly right but what I don't understand is how "the ball is in his court". There is nothing he can do - other than refuse to deal with The Star - because no matter what, The Star will continue to disrespect the Mayor of Toronto. So how is the ball in his court - what would you suggest he do?

Edited by Keepitsimple

You're mostly right but what I don't understand is how "the ball is in his court". There is nothing he can do - other than refuse to deal with The Star - because no matter what, The Star will continue to disrespect the Mayor of Toronto.

Are you kidding me?

Mayor Ford has every opportunity to be up front, play along, go along, make light of, joke and josh, with - instead: he hides. Uncovering all these Fordian mysteries is journalistic gold. Surely some handler in his office must have a clue.

Are you kidding me?

Mayor Ford has every opportunity to be up front, play along, go along, make light of, joke and josh, with - instead: he hides. Uncovering all these Fordian mysteries is journalistic gold. Surely some handler in his office must have a clue.

Not kidding. Within Ford's very limited capabilities, there's nothing he can do. The Star simply hates what he stands for......and it is VERY personal. Play along, go along - it doesn't matter - they will continue to denigrate him. It plays well with the elites....but we already know - they only make up 1%. ;)

Edited by Keepitsimple

It's pretty sad that you're leaning on the argument that "every politician funnels money into their own pockets," so who cares.

its never going to change, I repeat NEVER going to change

why fuss about it

We have bigger things to be worried about

Edited by olp1fan

what is so funny?

I didn't see anyone complain when the NDP punished 2 MPS for voting the way its constituents wanted them to vote regarding the long gun registry

That is more outrageous than this lame story

It's only outrageous if you have absolutely no idea what a whip vote is or you only care about this sort of policy when it applies to the NDP.

Either way, your spin = fail.

Edited by mentalfloss

You honestly see nothing wrong with paying 7 times more money to family members than the office would normally pay? And then paying it back when you get caught??? You really think this is proper behaviour for an elected official?

So I guess the sponsorship scandal was OK with you then eh? :lol:

Check your math! the cards were not 7x the cost of the city's cards. The city's cards cost 3.5 cts ea. and where ford got them they were 7 cts, each

It is so typical of left wing to either exaggerate or just lie all of the time.

It is so typical of left wing to either exaggerate or just lie all of the time.

Really , so you are left wing and a liar? O.....k....

The city’s standard card, with flat blue letters on a white background, costs 3.644 cents when ordered from the city printer. Councillors can pay more from their office budgets for fancy features. A card with a photo costs a nickel.

But councillors who order in bulk get a cut rate. Councillor Josh Matlow, for example, paid only 1.65 cents each for 3,000 basic cards he ordered last December.