Romney, The Inevitable Nominee

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

they need to send Marie Antoinette out more often! :lol:

Mitt & Marie's Blind Trust!

"NO WE WONT RELEASE MORE TAX RETURNS! I mean they attacked us on the ones we polished up and paid taxes on in 2010 can you imagine what they would do with the tax returns we turned in before Mitt was running!!"

These guys are just the worst I can't believe this is the best the republicans could come up with.

they need to send Marie Antoinette out more often! :lol:

Mitt & Marie's Blind Trust!

She's better than Michelle Antoinette, the current first lady. She likes to buy the most expensive clothes and take the most expensive vacation, all on the public dime, while in bad economic times. Let them eat cake!

if one actually believes... anything... you ever say, I guess none of them had their academic records "sealed" - like you claim Obama has. About that, 'Obama had his academic records sealed', supporting citation you keep failing to bring forward... that you (finally) promised to deliver yesterday - where is it? Is there a problem?

oh Shady.....

She's better than Michelle Antoinette, the current first lady. She likes to buy the most expensive clothes and take the most expensive vacation, all on the public dime, while in bad economic times. Let them eat cake!

Nothing like taking a 70,000 dollar tax deduction for your ridding horse right Shady? BTW CITATION NEEDED ON YOU MICHELLE OBAMA LIES!!! I wont get one but I like asking so Shady can run off and hide in a dark dark hole for a little while.

That still doesn't save Medicare or Social Security. And that still doesn't stop those programs taking up 100% of the federal budget in another 10 to 15 years. They have to be reformed. What about that do you continue to not understand?

hey Shady... did you see Professor Whiteboard today... clearly, Romney2.0 is a cut above his 'Etch-A-Sketch' routine! :lol:

the non-Shady version of Obama medicare "cuts"

about that MIA Shady citation!

if one actually believes... anything... you ever say, I guess none of them had their academic records "sealed" - like you claim Obama has. About that, 'Obama had his academic records sealed', supporting citation you keep failing to bring forward... that you (finally) promised to deliver yesterday - where is it? Is there a problem?

oh Shady.....

hey Shady... did you see Professor Whiteboard today... clearly, Romney2.0 is a cut above his 'Etch-A-Sketch' routine! :lol:

the non-Shady version of Obama medicare "cuts"

about that MIA Shady citation!

He wont be back for a while Waldo I just asked for a citation about his lies on Obama. That is like Shady's kryptonite. Asking him to back up his lies with any source what so ever. It must be so hard for him to lie on the Internet.

BTW Politico is reporting that adding a white board doesn't change the fact Romney wont release the facts on his plan.

Edited by punked

Nothing like taking a 70,000 dollar tax deduction for your ridding horse right Shady? BTW CITATION NEEDED ON YOU MICHELLE OBAMA LIES!!! I wont get one but I like asking so Shady can run off and hide in a dark dark hole for a little while.

Please don't take this like I'm making fun of you, but I find it amusing that you always spell "riding" as "ridding," regardless of whether you're using the noun form or verb form. It seems to be a mental block you have.

Please don't take this like I'm making fun of you, but I find it amusing that you always spell "riding" as "ridding," regardless of whether you're using the noun form or verb form. It seems to be a mental block you have.

He also says accept a lot when he means except.

This may well be the reason Romney will not release his tax returns.

When attempting to engage in baseless speculation over what it is that's in Mitt Romney's tax statements that's so embarassing he'd rather take the heat for non-disclosure, I think it's important to remember that he was actively running for president in 2007 and 2008. That means it's relatively unlike he was doing anything during those years that he thought couldn't withstand scrutiny. So why not release a nice even five years of tax data? Perhaps because of something that happened in 2009.

Something like this:

Wealthy U.S. taxpayers, concerned about an Internal Revenue Service crackdown on the use of secret overseas bank accounts as tax havens, are rushing to meet a Thursday deadline to disclose those accounts or face possible criminal prosecution. The concern was triggered this summer when Switzerland's largest bank, caught up in an international tax evasion dispute, said it would disclose the names of more than 4,000 of its U.S. account holders.

The decision shattered a long-held belief that Swiss banks would guard the identities of its American customers as carefully as they did their money, and it raised concern that other international tax havens might be next. Under an amnesty program, the IRS is allowing taxpayers to avoid prosecution for having failed to report their overseas accounts. As a result, tax attorneys across the nation have been besieged by wealthy clients who are lining up to apply even though they will still face big financial penalties.

Romney might well have thought in 2007 and 2008 that there was nothing to fear about a non-disclosed offshore account he'd set up years earlier precisely because it wasn't disclosed. But then came the settlement and the rush of non-disclosers to apply for the amnesty. Failing to apply for the amnesty and then getting charged by the IRS would have been both financially and politically disastrous. So amnesty it was. But even though the amnesty would eliminate any legal or financial liability for past acts, it would hardly eliminate political liability.

http://www.slate.com/blogs/moneybox/2012/07/17/romney_s_tax_returns_is_the_2009_swiss_bank_account_amnesty_what_he_doesn_t_want_us_to_see_.html

This may work out well for the ticket but it certainly diminishes Romney and makes him look weak. His emasculation now appears to be complete.

Mitt Romney and Paul Ryan plan to campaign together again sooner than aides had originally planned, likely twice next week, as part of a new offensive to take on the touchy issue of Medicare, campaign officials tell POLITICO.

Despite the continued skepticism among GOP operatives in Washington and on House and Senate races, Romney officials insist that the addition of Ryan has produced a more confident campaign with a clearer message, focused on big ideas rather than the pettiness that had earlier threatened to submerge the race.

Romney and Ryan had planned to go their separate ways before meeting up at the end of the month at the Republican National Convention in Tampa. But then campaign strategists saw how much of a psychic boost Romney got from Ryan — and how much more animated Romney appeared on television with his younger running mate at his side.

Read more: http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0812/79814.html#ixzz23o2LcumR

This may well be the reason Romney will not release his tax returns.
The concern was triggered this summer when Switzerland's largest bank, caught up in an international tax evasion dispute, said it would disclose the names of more than 4,000 of its U.S. account holders.

The decision shattered a long-held belief that Swiss banks would guard the identities of its American customers as carefully as they did their money, and it raised concern that other international tax havens might be next. Under an amnesty program, the IRS is allowing taxpayers to avoid prosecution for having failed to report their overseas accounts. As a result, tax attorneys across the nation have been besieged by wealthy clients who are lining up to apply even though they will still face big financial penalties.

Romney might well have thought in 2007 and 2008 that there was nothing to fear about a non-disclosed offshore account he'd set up years earlier precisely because it wasn't disclosed. But then came the settlement and the rush of non-disclosers to apply for the amnesty. Failing to apply for the amnesty and then getting charged by the IRS would have been both financially and politically disastrous. So amnesty it was. But even though the amnesty would eliminate any legal or financial liability for past acts, it would hardly eliminate political liability.

yup... I called that a month back - the "IRS amnesty" related to Romney's (former) Swiss Bank Accounts. Now, of course, I'm sure it's only coincidental that amongst the world's tax havens, Romney has only closed his Swiss Bank Accounts... still leaving open his Cayman Islands & Bermuda accounts. I'm sure that had nothing to do with the Swiss bank intending to disclose the names/details of it's U.S. account holders! :lol:

notwithstanding the Mitt refuses to release his tax returns... other than his single 2010 release, it now surfaces that key documents associated with that 2010 tax return were not a part of what was released. In particular, Romney failed to disclose the documents he filed with the IRS in 2010 that detail his
former
Swiss Account holdings... the former Swiss Account as Romney closed it... and only closed it... while keeping his like tax haven accounts open in the Cayman Islands and Bermuda. Now, some are speculating, certainly not the waldo, that Romney received an amnesty from the IRS for income tax evasion related to his former Swiss Account holdings.

end the speculation Mitt! Release the
hounds
tax returns!

oh my! And now we have the official throw downs! Today the Obama campaign has officially requested 5 years of Romney's tax returns... and if received, promises a deal - "If Romney releases five more years of tax returns, the Obama campaign will no longer criticize the presumptive GOP presidential nominee for his refusal to disclose more information."

Obama campaign manager Jim Messina:

I am writing to ask again that the Governor release multiple years of tax returns, but also to make an offer that should address his concerns about the additional disclosures," Messina wrote to Romney campaign manager Matt Rhoades. "Governor Romney apparently fears that the more he offers, the more our campaign will demand that he provide. So I am prepared to provide assurances on just that point: if the Governor will release five years of returns, I commit in turn that we will not criticize him for not releasing more -- neither in ads nor in other public communications or commentary for the rest of the campaign.

and the Romney campaign, in turn, officially responded - "No... no soup tax returns for you!" :lol:

oh my! And now we have the official throw downs! Today the Obama campaign has officially requested 5 years of Romney's tax returns... and if received, promises a deal - "If Romney releases five more years of tax returns, the Obama campaign will no longer criticize the presumptive GOP presidential nominee for his refusal to disclose more information."

and the Romney campaign, in turn, officially responded - "No... no soup tax returns for you!" :lol:

What a bunch of bullshit. Romney and his wife say they wont release tax returns because Obama will ask for more not because they are hiding something. Obama listen says "Ok Romney tell you what I will agree to never bring up the fact you wont release tax returns if you just release the 5 years 2007 forward." Romney says no. That means they are hiding something in one of those tax returns. I suspect Obama knows what they are hiding to.

Edited by punked

yup... I called that a month back - the "IRS amnesty" related to Romney's (former) Swiss Bank Accounts. Now, of course, I'm sure it's only coincidental that amongst the world's tax havens, Romney has only closed his Swiss Bank Accounts... still leaving open his Cayman Islands & Bermuda accounts. I'm sure that had nothing to do with the Swiss bank intending to disclose the names/details of it's U.S. account holders! :lol:

Good catch, Waldo!

That means they are hiding something in one of those tax returns. I suspect Obama knows what they are hiding to.

yes - I expect the Obama campaign knows, with certainty, exactly what Romney is hiding. Letting this play out, day by day, drip by drip... having it dominate the 'media/air waves'... this is gold, real gold! Do they, does the Romney campaign, does Romney, think this is going to go away???

of course, the word parsing around Romney's statement from yesterday, began immediately. Romney says, "I did go back and look at my taxes and over the past ten years I never paid less than 13%. I think the most recent year is 13.6 or something like that"

so... Romney says, "Trust me... I've looked at it"! :lol: "I don't need to show you - just trust me"!

but about that word parsing on Romney's statement. Was Romney's choice of words... precise... intentional... pointedly vague? He says "taxes" - he doesn't say, "income taxes". So, of course, are his state taxes in that mix, or any other form of tax... generic tax, at large... in that mix? Notwithstanding what paying a 13% rate, if it actually was "income tax", says to Joe Middle Class. Oh, Mitt Romney... the gift that keeps giving!