Romney, The Inevitable Nominee

Guest Derek L

at this moment in time? You're suggesting that Romney should release his tax returns to Americans... at a later point in time... when/if he was elected? :lol:

Why doesn't Reid avail his source that Romney didn’t pay his taxes…….or release his own taxes?

I suppose, like House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi said:

“We spent too much time on that. We should be talking about middle-income tax cuts,”

:lol:

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why doesn't Reid avail his source that Romney didn’t pay his taxes…….or release his own taxes?

dunno... don't care... perhaps the source, described as a "Bain insider" asked for confidentiality... or Reid made it up. This is just another of your distractions. Again, why do you believe Romney won't release his tax returns - what is Rmoney hiding?

Guest Derek L

dunno... don't care... perhaps the source, described as a "Bain insider" asked for confidentiality... or Reid made it up. This is just another of your distractions. Again, why do you believe Romney won't release his tax returns - what is Rmoney hiding?

My distractions? Nancy Pelosi is calling the entire issue a "distraction" :lol:

At this moment in time, how much influence does Romney exert on the countries financial health?

None, which is hopefully all he'll exert in January.

You didn't answer the question about why you're bringing in Reid and Pelosi. Neither of them are running for President or Vice President.

He's released two tax returns. But more importantly, the IRS sees his returns every year. Waldo, why wont Obama release his college records? what do you think he's hiding? If you had to guess.

What the hell does Obama'a college transcripts have to do with ANYTHING? Nobody cares what grades he got as long as he passed.

People do care if a rich boy who can't even imagine what it's like to worry about paying bills has been weaseling around with the tax code for much of his life to make sure he doesn't pay his fair share of taxes. They especially care when weasel boy is demanding lower taxes for the rich at the expense of school lunches for poor kids.

you keep lying - Rmoney has only released his 2010 return and, again

So you admit that he did release his tax return then. FINALLY! :lol:

it's incomplete in terms of all IRS forms that reflect upon his offshore holdings.

Those forms aren't tax returns.

you keep beaking off about the IRS (presumably), "seeing Romney's returns every year". You are continually rebuffed as to the significance of this. Why don't you astound us with your astute Shady insights/knowledge on what, as you say, the IRS (presumably), "seeing Rmoney's returns every year" means? What is the significance of this continued bleat of yours Shady?

If you're unaware of the significance of the IRS seeing and approving Romney's tax returns each and every year, then why would I bother to explain it. :rolleyes:

Anyways, and guesses as to why Obama won't release his college records? What do you think he's hiding? Why not release his Columbia transcript?

What the hell does Obama'a college transcripts have to do with ANYTHING? Nobody cares what grades he got as long as he passed.

Why won't he release them? Every candidate has in the past. The standard has been set. Why is he not complying? What do you think he has to hide?

People do care if a rich boy who can't even imagine what it's like to worry about paying bills has been weaseling around with the tax code for much of his life to make sure he doesn't pay his fair share of taxes.

The IRS sees his tax returns every year. They audit people that do what you're asserting. Nobody gives a crap about tax returns. They care about a president that will improve the economy. Something Obama has no clue about doing.

They especially care when weasel boy is demanding lower taxes for the rich at the expense of school lunches for poor kids.

Right. The United States spends more per student than any country in the world. But you think the problem isn't enough funding for education? Priceless! :lol:

It's a great talking point though. You should make it into a bumper sticker!

If you're unaware of the significance of the IRS seeing and approving Romney's tax returns each and every year, then why would I bother to explain it. :rolleyes:

Why are recent tax returns unimportant but college transcripts from years ago very, very important?

Once again, I anticipate cowardly crickets for that question.

BTW, where's the apology for race-baiting by saying Joe Biden was talking about Black people?

Stay classy, Shady. :lol:

Why are recent tax returns unimportant but college transcripts from years ago very, very important?

I just figured since everybody was so interested in "unreleased" documents, we might be interested in the release of those as well. If you had to guess, why do you think he hasn't released his college records?

BTW, where's the apology for race-baiting by saying Joe Biden was talking about Black people?

Why would I apologize for the race-baiter Biden clearly race-baiting. Or is asserting in from of a large audience of African-Americans that "Romney wants to put y'all BACK in chains" not race-baiting enough for you? Stay classy.

You didnt answer his question about why you keep lying.

Any reason for that?

Afterall, you did state he released two tax returns, but you knew that not to be true....ergo lying.

Care to explain that or just want this to be another of your falsehoods and incredibly deranged fascination with Obama.

Good lord, how obnoxious will you be Obama gets back in?

Afterall, you did state he released two tax returns, but you knew that not to be true....ergo lying.

I corrected that long ago. It was 2010 tax return, and 2011 financial disclosure. Hey, while you're here, if you had to guess, why do you think Obama won't release his college records?

If you had to guess, why do you think he hasn't released his college records?

Because no one who wasn't a birther has asked?

Why would I apologize for the race-baiter Biden clearly race-baiting. Or is asserting in from of a large audience of African-Americans that "Romney wants to put y'all BACK in chains" not race-baiting enough for you? Stay classy.

It wasn't an audience of African-Americans. It was a diverse audience of middle class people from Virginia, some of whom are African American. He in no way singled out the African Americans in the audience. The Republicans have worked for many years to shackle the middle class. Romney would work to make sure any gains made under Obama would be rescinded. You're the only one bringing race into it.

But, I guess, if all you got is misrepresenting what people say, keep at it! Romney just keeps dropping in the polls. :lol:

Because no one who wasn't a birther has asked?

I'm not a birther, and I'm asking. It's not that I don't think he went to Columbia University, or Occidental College. But were his grades that bad that he won't release them? What's the deal? If you had to guess.

It wasn't an audience of African-Americans. It was a diverse audience of middle class people from Virginia.

The town he was speaking at is 50% black, and the audience was composed of a large percnetage of African-Americans. He was race-baiting pure and simple. You know it, and I know it.

Romney would work to make sure any gains made under Obama would be rescinded.

What gains are you talking about? The gains in the black youth unemployment? The gains in hispanic youth unemployment? Or the gains in overall unemployment? Or perhaps the gains in the deficit and debt. Really, what gains are you referring to? Oh, maybe the gains on the people using food stamps? Cause other than that, he's done nothing but make it harder for the poor and unemployed to find work and to move up out of their circumstances.

You're the only one bringing race into it.

No, classless Joe Biden did that.

yup, I've stated exactly what Romney has released now several times... perhaps in as many as 6-8 posts. Why... you've responded directly to several of those posts yourself. How bizarre you claim ignorance of previous directly related discussion - early stage Alzheimer? Here's just one of those post exchanges:

to reinforce a shady-style false assertion concerning the release of Romney's tax returns. No! Contrary to the false assertion, Romney has not released both 2011 and 2010 tax returns. More pointedly, the single year released, 2010, was not a full & complete release... as stated, Rmoney "failed to disclose the documents he filed with the IRS in 2010 that detail his
former
Swiss Account holdings"...

what's the Mitt hiding?
You're wrong, the 2010 was fully detailed.

you keep lying - Rmoney has only released his 2010 return and, again, it's incomplete in terms of all IRS forms that reflect upon his offshore holdings. Why do you continue to perpetuate this falsehood? Oh, that's right... you're Shady!
Those forms aren't tax returns.

no! Again, the released 2010 Romney tax return was not complete... it was missing the 'IRS FBAR' forms - the forms associated with Romney's offshore holdings. You know this:

Shady, further to the citation request concerning your unsubstantiated assertion that Romney released a complete 2010 tax return:

Mitt Romney has not released his full tax records from 2010, including key documentation connected to his Swiss bank account.

Romney released his 2010 tax return in January of this year, a document that first informed voters about the existence of his Swiss bank account and financial activities in Bermuda and the Cayman Islands. But people who own foreign bank accounts are required to file a separate document with the IRS that provides additional details on such overseas bank holdings, and Romney has not released that form to the public.

Tax experts say it is almost certain that Romney did file the form, known as a Report on Foreign Bank and Financial Accounts, or "FBAR" in accountant slang. The penalty for not filing an FBAR can be severe, and the IRS would have expected to receive the form since Romney listed the Swiss bank account on his tax return. Listing the account on his tax return and then failing to file the subsequent FBAR would have been asking for a hefty fine, and would probably have heightened IRS scrutiny of prior tax filings.

Nevertheless, Romney's omission of the form from the earlier disclosure raises questions for tax policy experts about the function of his Swiss bank account, and whether or not Romney used other offshore bank accounts that did not generate interest.

Mitt! Release the 2010 FBAR... what are you hiding?
you keep beaking off about the IRS (presumably), "seeing Romney's returns every year". You are continually rebuffed as to the significance of this. Why don't you astound us with your astute Shady insights/knowledge on what, as you say, the IRS (presumably), "seeing Rmoney's returns every year" means? What is the significance of this continued bleat of yours Shady?

:lol: so... ya got nuthin, hey? Any IRS knowledge/understanding of the Romney tax returns (if they actually exist) is strictly confidential... you or those you parrot know nothing... absolutely nothing, about them. What's he hiding Shady? What's the Mitt hiding?

I corrected that long ago.

You did? Oh man, this is a apathological thing with you >Perhaps help is needed?

You said (psst note the time stamp)

Posted Today, 06:06 PM

He's released two tax returns.

Hey, while you're here, if you had to guess, why do you think Obama won't release his college records?

Shitty grades?

I understand how Bush Jr's lack of military service was brought up years ago as an attempt to counter the Kerry bs, but really....you want to put on equal footing someones tax records (because he apparently has finaggled some money offshore) versus someones transcript?

Man, how sore can one be when they have been embarassed about the birth certificate thing.

I mean, honestly , how can one be that way. Oh wait....never mind.

I'm not a birther, and I'm asking. It's not that I don't think he went to Columbia University, or Occidental College. But were his grades that bad that he won't release them? What's the deal? If you had to guess.

You're not a birther anymore because you were proven wrong. Before you were proven wrong, you were taking exactly the same approach by asking what the big deal was with releasing the birth certificate and speculating why he hasn't yet.

The town he was speaking at is 50% black, and the audience was composed of a large percnetage of African-Americans. He was race-baiting pure and simple. You know it, and I know it.

No, he didn't mention race at all. Did he single out the black people in the crowd? It would only make sense as a racial reference if he did. Only Republicans have mentioned race so far. You (and they) are race-baiting and you and I both know it.

What gains are you talking about?

The ones the middle class wouldn't have if Romney were elected.

Edited by BubberMiley

Guest Derek L

None, which is hopefully all he'll exert in January.

You didn't answer the question about why you're bringing in Reid and Pelosi. Neither of them are running for President or Vice President.

You know the old saying about those that point fingers at others? They’ve got three more pointing back at themselves………I really don’t give two shits if Romney releases his taxes or Obama releases whatever Shady is farting about………..Both are irrelevant, as are the attacks on Paul Ryan’s financial standing………Both sides have plenty of legitimate ammo to attack the other with……..

:rolleyes: hey you claimed high taxes I supplied the tax rates they pay which are lower than ours and try dodge with more right wing cliches...despite floating on oil for decades venezuelans had abject poverty and was being looted of it's resource wealth by a handful of privileged elite and foreign oil corporations...life in Venezuela for the poor has been improving as some of the benefits of it's resources have been diverted their way if the wealthy object to paying that crushing tax of 34% :rolleyes::lol: I guess they can leave, but something tells me they're not going anywhere...

Something tells me they have...

http://www.google.com/gwt/x?hl=en&u=http://www.pardinilaw.com/publications/news.php%3Fnewsid%3D127%26p%3D3%26catid%3D6&client=ms-rim&q=rich+emigrating+from+venezuela&sa=X&ei=6zUrUJybKYeqywHGqIDYBQ&ved=0CC0QFjAG

http://www.google.com/gwt/x?hl=en&u=http://www.economywatch.com/economy-business-and-finance-news/Oil-Rich-Polarizing-Venezuela-Emigration-Immigration-Puzzle.31-01.html&client=ms-rim&q=number+of+rich+people+who+emigrated+venezuela&sa=X&ei=CzsrUMObN4SZyQHs2IGwDA&ved=0CCgQFjAG

(Apologies for not putting in link -- blackberries you get what you pay for...)

They're still poor and are being outperformed by their nonpetrol neighbours

Its not that I hate obama, the guy is trying and does care, he's just going about it the wrong way. And if you declare war on your business class, crap like this could happen.

Edited by blueblood

You know the old saying about those that point fingers at others? They’ve got three more pointing back at themselves………I really don’t give two shits if Romney releases his taxes or Obama releases whatever Shady is farting about………..Both are irrelevant, as are the attacks on Paul Ryan’s financial standing………Both sides have plenty of legitimate ammo to attack the other with……..

Romney could make the whole tax thing go away very easily. He could prove Harry Reid is a big fat liar very easily. The fact that he hasn't is very telling.

If Romney was really "proud to pay a lot of taxes", as he said he was, he'd have shown us.

Romney doesn't want us to see his tax returns, and the obvious conclusion to draw is that Romney *isn't* proud that he *doesn't* pay a lot of taxes.

It's an election where Team R is saying that rich people need tax cuts, and that working-class people will have to pick up the slack by giving up tax credits. To me it seems like showing us his returns would help Mitt show us why rich-guys need tax cuts.

-k

Guest Derek L

Romney could make the whole tax thing go away very easily. He could prove Harry Reid is a big fat liar very easily. The fact that he hasn't is very telling.

If Romney was really "proud to pay a lot of taxes", as he said he was, he'd have shown us.

Romney doesn't want us to see his tax returns, and the obvious conclusion to draw is that Romney *isn't* proud that he *doesn't* pay a lot of taxes.

It's an election where Team R is saying that rich people need tax cuts, and that working-class people will have to pick up the slack by giving up tax credits. To me it seems like showing us his returns would help Mitt show us why rich-guys need tax cuts.

-k

Quite clearly, in my opinion of course, I doubt any illegal activities on the part of Romney, but without a doubt the “creativity” of his accountants, regardless of degree, will be used against him under the meme of class warfare…………He truly is damned if he does and damned if he doesn’t………

I agree that yes, he should release them for no other reason then to move on with the manufactured issue………I’ll bet when he doe release them, it’ll be on either a Friday or Sunday afternoon mind you ;)

Why won't he release them? Every candidate has in the past. The standard has been set. Why is he not complying? What do you think he has to hide?

Every candidate has in the past? Citation, please.

The IRS sees his tax returns every year. They audit people that do what you're asserting.

The allegation made is not that he cheated on his taxes but that the loopholes for wealthy people are so numerous he was able to legally pay nothing. So the fact the IRS looked at them is irrelevant.

Nobody gives a crap about tax returns.

Given it's all over the news and blogosphere I would suggest you're quite mistaken.

They care about a president that will improve the economy. Something Obama has no clue about doing.

It's certainly much improved over how it was when he took over. Are you going to dispute that?

Right. The United States spends more per student than any country in the world. But you think the problem isn't enough funding for education? Priceless! :lol:

First. No it doesn't. Second, we're talking about school lunches, which is not part of the educational budget.

Every candidate has in the past? Citation, please.

Well, we can just go by the last several presidential elections. We've seen McCain's, we've seen Bush's and Kerry's, we've seen Gore's, and Clinton's. I believe we've even seen Bush Sr's, Reagan's, and Carter's. Carter was quite smart. Just not Obama's. I'm not sure why.

The allegation made is not that he cheated on his taxes but that the loopholes for wealthy people are so numerous he was able to legally pay nothing. So the fact the IRS looked at them is irrelevant.

I agree that there are many deducations that can be abused, and that need to be closed. That's part of the tax code reform that many would like to see. Romney has proposed closing many of the deductions and loopholes. Mind you, they haven't been specific enough yet, which I'm hoping will happen in the fall.

It's certainly much improved over how it was when he took over. Are you going to dispute that?

Yes, I certainly would. It's bumping along with little to no growth. That's with Obama spending a trillion dollars more each year than the government takes in, and almost a trillion dollars in stimulus spending. Not to mention the Federal Reserve's QE1 and QE2. Unemployment is as high now as when he took office. And the participation rate in the work force is at a 30 year low.

Well, we can just go by the last several presidential elections. We've seen McCain's, we've seen Bush's and Kerry's, we've seen Gore's, and Clinton's. I believe we've even seen Bush Sr's, Reagan's, and Carter's. Carter was quite smart. Just not Obama's. I'm not sure why.

if one actually believes... anything... you ever say, I guess none of them had their academic records "sealed" - like you claim Obama has. About that, 'Obama had his academic records sealed', supporting citation you keep failing to bring forward... that you (finally) promised to deliver yesterday - where is it? Is there a problem?

speaking of Romney refusing to release his tax returns => "We've given all you people need to know and understand" :lol: