Romney, The Inevitable Nominee

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good question. Kinda like the same questions put to John F Kennedy when he ran for President. Will his loyalty be with America or the Vatican. I can't believe there are still bigots like you around in society. :rolleyes:

His church told him to ditch the Vietnam war and he did so. That is a fair question Kennedy fought for his country Mitt went and lived in a palace in Paris instead because his church told him to. You don't see a difference here? He has already put his church above his country Shady.

Edited by punked

Guest American Woman

If the Mormon church tells him to shun certain people, will President Romney obey?

Why would he? He hasn't tied his religion to his politics. He's not a slave to his religion. Why should we question what his religion "tells" him to do politically any more than one would, for example, question what Harper's religion tells him to do?

His church told him to ditch the Vietnam war and he did so. That is a fair question Kennedy fought for his country Mitt went and lived in a palace in Paris instead because his church told him to. You don't see a difference here? He has already put his church above his country Shady.

As usual you're completely wrong. Kennedy was the first President to escalate troops in Vietnam. Is that ditching the war? And Romney lived in several places abroad. Some without indoor plumbing. Anyways, it's all very irrelevant to the current political process. Except to bigots.

Why would he? He hasn't tied his religion to his politics. He's not a slave to his religion. Why should we question what his religion "tells" him to do politically any more than one would, for example, question what Harper's religion tells him to do?

Except when he went on Mission is Paris instead of fighting for his country right? Well I mean that is true of all the Republicans except Perry right? Why fight for your country when you have money and can send the poor kids to die right?

Edited by punked

Exactly. One just has to look how he's conducted his every day life, and how he conducted himself as governor. It's a ridiculous question. One better saved for 50 years ago.

As usual you're completely wrong. Kennedy was the first President to escalate troops in Vietnam. Is that ditching the war? And Romney lived in several places abroad. Some without indoor plumbing. Anyways, it's all very irrelevant to the current political process. Except to bigots.

No Kennedy did fight for his country. He enlisted and served his country. He didn't avoid it by moving to Paris and live in a Mansion with two servants because he put his country above his Faith. The sign of a truly great president country above all.

Except when he went on Mission is Paris instead of fighting for his country right? Well I mean that is true of all the Republicans except Perry right? Why fight for your country when you have money and can send the poor kids to die right?

Was he suppose to be fighting? I don't understand your criticism. He was off doing missionary work, like his father and other relatives before him. Who cares? I don't get it. What does that have to do with the present day? You're really grasping now. :rolleyes:

No Kennedy did fight for his country. He enlisted and served his country. He didn't avoid it by moving to Paris and live in a Mansion with two servants because he put his country above his Faith. The sign of a truly great president country above all.

Again, he didn't live in a mansion for most of his work while in France. But if you wanna talk about royalty, and living like it. The Kennedy's are a great place to start! :lol:

Anyways, this is again all very meaningless to the current political process.

Was he suppose to be fighting? I don't understand your criticism. He was off doing missionary work, like his father and other relatives before him. Who cares? I don't get it. What does that have to do with the present day? You're really grasping now. :rolleyes:

Yep he got a wavier for the daft as a minster for the church because he would rather serve his church then his country. That is just fine I am point out unlike Kennedy who was a war hero Mitt thought it more important he go to Paris live in a Mansion with two servants then serve his country. Which is his decision JFK can put his country first during a time of war and Mitt put his church first. They are very different men in terms of their faith apparently.

Ron Paul was a surgeon with the US Air Force in the 1960s.

-k

Wait ... he did missionary work (in Paris ?) instead of serving ? I don't think that will look good in a negative ad...

Romney - pro Vietnam War photo

...and one advantage of Romney is that all the dirt about him has come out already, having been governor and gone through one national campaign. Still, old issues like this can come back.

Mormon church obtained Vietnam draft deferrals for Romney, other missionaries

Yep he got a wavier for the daft as a minster for the church because he would rather serve his church then his country. That is just fine I am point out unlike Kennedy who was a war hero Mitt thought it more important he go to Paris live in a Mansion with two servants then serve his country. Which is his decision JFK can put his country first during a time of war and Mitt put his church first. They are very different men in terms of their faith apparently.

Who cares? What does JFK have to do with this anyways? Was Kennedy a hero as a serial adulterer? Was he a hero as a prescription drug abuser? Like I said, when Romney was serving abroad, there were some places he lived that were very basic. Why do you choose to ignore them?

But again, I don't understand what JFK has to do with anyting.

Wait ... he did missionary work (in Paris ?) instead of serving ? I don't think that will look good in a negative ad...

Romney - pro Vietnam War photo

...and one advantage of Romney is that all the dirt about him has come out already, having been governor and gone through one national campaign. Still, old issues like this can come back.

Mormon church obtained Vietnam draft deferrals for Romney, other missionaries

Good point. Also, I'm not sure why it's Romney's fault that he drew a high number when he was eligible for the draft.

Again, he didn't live in a mansion for most of his work while in France. But if you wanna talk about royalty, and living like it. The Kennedy's are a great place to start! :lol:

Anyways, this is again all very meaningless to the current political process.

You are right those reporting on it in the media report it to be more of a "Palace" instead of Mansion. Oh and Mitt's campaign is apparently telling those who were on Mission with Mitt not to talk about it so people like yourself can pretend he lived the life of a popper while kids were dying in a war he was avoiding. To bad they have Shady so people like yourself straight up lie like you are trying right now. We live in the Internet age Shady you can't just lie and hope people wont know. The media is going to report on it and you keep lying about it they will just report it more.

Mr Romney reportedly spent most of 1968 at a Parisian ‘palace for rich people’, which was staffed by a Spanish chef and a houseboy.

Team: Mr Romney, left, stands with fellow Mormon missionaries in this photo in front of the police station in Limoges, central France, in 1968

‘It was a house built by and for rich people,’ Richard Anderson, 70, Kaysville, Utah, told the Daily Telegraph. ‘I would describe it as a palace.’

Mr Anderson is the son of the Mormon mission president when the former Massachusetts governor stayed during his missionary placement abroad.....

The 19th century neoclassical building they stayed in featured chandeliers, stained glass windows and impressive art across the walls.....

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2074770/Mitt-Romney-lived-Mormon-palace-chef-houseboy-1960s-France-mission.html

Ron Paul was a surgeon with the US Air Force in the 1960s.

-k

I agree Ron put his money where his mouth is unlike Newt and Romney. Nothing against that guy we don't agree on a lot but a least he practices what he preaches. Don't like him one bit but he is not a hypocrite which puts him head and shoulders above the rest of the Republicans.

Guest American Woman

Comparing WWII to the Vietnam war doesn't fly. Surely you realize that.

Is most of 1968 the totality of his missionary work? Nope. But like I said. That's all you're focused on. I'm not sure why. I'm not sure why JFK or Vietnam have anything to do with the current process either. Is Romney questioning anyone else's military service? Nope.

I agree Ron put his money where his mouth is unlike Newt and Romney. Nothing against that guy we don't agree on a lot but a least he practices what he preaches. Don't like him one bit but he is not a hypocrite which puts him head and shoulders above the rest of the Republicans.

I still don't understand what you're talking about. How has Romney questioned anyone's military service? What does the money where his mouth thing refer to? You're acting like a crazy person now. :blink:

Comparing WWII to the Vietnam war doesn't fly. Surely you realize that.

No I don't because Romney was a spokes person for a Pro Vietnam war protest group saying things like it was just like WWII. You don't get to pretend Vietnam is a super just war then say "But I didn't serve because I had better things to do for my Church". Kennedy believed in a War so he enlisted and gave it his all. The man was a war hero. Romney just banged the war Drum then put his church first.

JFK was a super Rich spoiled Candidate just like Romney in a lot of ways. Only difference is Kennedy in his history always put America and the American People first in his life history and Romney hasn't. I hope this is how the Republicans defend Romney's draft dogging of Vietnam because it wont sell.

I still don't understand what you're talking about. How has Romney questioned anyone's military service? What does the money where his mouth thing refer to? You're acting like a crazy person now. :blink:

You are asking how this any different then Kennedy and I am pointing out Romney has already put his Church above his country.

Is most of 1968 the totality of his missionary work? Nope. But like I said. That's all you're focused on. I'm not sure why. I'm not sure why JFK or Vietnam have anything to do with the current process either. Is Romney questioning anyone else's military service? Nope.

Considering the only thing we know about his missionary work is by this one person who is willing to talk about it then I guess so.

JFK was a super Rich spoiled Candidate just like Romney in a lot of ways. Only difference is Kennedy in his history always put America and the American People first in his life history and Romney hasn't. I hope this is how the Republicans defend Romney's draft dogging of Vietnam because it wont sell.

Nope, the Kennedy family was and is a lot more powerful and wealthy than the Romney's were. Nice try though. Anyways, Vietnam still has nothing to do with the current political process and the campaign to come. Funny though, I never remember you bringing this type of thing up when Democrats received deferments for fake medical reasons. :lol::rolleyes:

Nope, the Kennedy family was and is a lot more powerful and wealthy than the Romney's were. Nice try though. Anyways, Vietnam still has nothing to do with the current political process and the campaign to come. Funny though, I never remember you bringing this type of thing up when Democrats received deferments for fake medical reasons. :lol::rolleyes:

And yet the Kennedy's lost a son serving in a War they believed in and had another one who almost died. They were very Rich and Powerful much like the Romney's but their sons went off to war to serve their country. Please compare Kennedy to Romney please please please. Romney during the war he was "Protesting for" instead was living in a Mansion in Paris.

Yeah I never bring up those democrats like John Kerry and his service right?

And yet the Kennedy's lost a son serving in a War they believed in and had another one who almost died. They were very Rich and Powerful much like the Romney's but their sons went off to war to serve their country. Please compare Kennedy to Romney please please please. Romney during the war he was "Protesting for" instead was living in a Mansion in Paris.

He lived in the Church headquarters for the last year of his work. Prior to that, regular apartments, some without indoor plumbing. Why are you being so Obtuse? :rolleyes:

Yeah I never bring up those democrats like John Kerry and his service right?

*cough* Bill *cough* Clinton.

Edited by Shady