CRTC Promotes Hate?

[quote): A truly happy day for liberals and their supporters.

They now have another public forum they can support,but like the CBC,it is one sided,biased,racist,and about 90%fictional.Another great day for democracy in Canada.___________ Yes. it may well be. A necessary balance to the propaganda coming from the south. There are still gullible persons here who believe that the USA was justified in invading Iraq. (Still looking for those WMD)

I wonder if there is a specific topic or comment that bothers you IMR?

Al Jazeera broadcasts the beheadings of Americans. That bothers me. It bothers me that they deny that the holocost happened. It bothers me that they call Jews Apes. To say that Al Jazeera is the "CNN" of the Arab world is not only extremely ignorant, it's an outrage. Al Jazeera is the voice of Islamic Fundamentalists. They are a hate propeganda machine. While it is inevitable that all news sources will have some bias it does not excuse the ethical bankruptcy that some news agencies have with their obvious agenda's. There are other news agencies out of Arab states which give more acurate news.

Al Jazeera broadcasts the beheadings of Americans. That bothers me. It bothers me that they deny that the holocost happened. It bothers me that they call Jews Apes. To say that Al Jazeera is the "CNN" of the Arab world is not only extremely ignorant, it's an outrage. Al Jazeera is the voice of Islamic Fundamentalists. They are a hate propeganda machine.

If the above is correct, then I am with you all the way on this one IMR. Quite frankly, I know little about this station except for what an Iranian friend has told me. He claimed that it was good at presenting info. from this part of the world, but that it was also biased (like CNN). Was the above info. on TV or on their website? I would like to investigate this one.

Al Jazeera in Canada........who cares ? :rolleyes:

Of course certain stations are going to have a certain "slant" towards them, but really, I ask anyone to tell me how any of these three stations are trying to brain wash me with the following story:

Al Jazeera

CBC

FOX

With that said, whats good for the goose is good for the gander........Fox news should be allowed to broadcast within Canada also.

The allowing of A J to broadcast in Canada shows the complete and

utter stupidity of Canadian officials and the collective group on parliament hill who call themselves politicians,

they are no more than vote seekers sucking up for more votes from

immigrants from the middle east in order to ensure the next election they will have bought enough votes to not worry about winning on real issues.

I wonder if A J will show beheadings,and if the crtc will allow it.

Just what do you mean by anti semetic or anti American. Seems that some here believe that any honest criticism or the USA government action or Israel governments actions are "anti" Those who blindly support these governments and ANY actions they take; automatically try to silence others with the label of Anti semetic or anti American. If that makes me anti semetic or anti American; so be it. I feel free to criticize my own government; I do believe we should feel free to criticize other governments that have an affect on our country; or whose actions are bringing instability into the world.

We should just get rid of the CRTC as they act and behave like a bunch of overlords of Canadian morality. They allow stations like AJ into our airwaves but limit local Christian shows. We have 600 sports channels but very few educational channels. I think that a tv channel should stand on it's own merits and either float or sink on it's own. Who really cares if it is a US channel, Canadian channel or a channel from Mars? If it has good shows and some educational value, then I will watch it.

There are no other Arab view stations on the air; so what is wrong with adding al jazeera. I understand, it is pretty unbiased. We have more (600 ????) sports channels than educational because that is what most want to watch. They work all day and want some entertainment. As you say; it stands on its own. Educational channels attract less audience and therefore sink unless they get outside funding.

You seem a little confused. You have your preference; I have mine but the majority likes something else. I would like more information / educational or nature shows but we are not the majority.

Honestly, I think that Al-Jazeera being broadcast on Canadian airwaves will actually hurt Arab interests. Normal, moderate Canadians will see exactly what kind of bias and intolerance the network promotes, and will most likely be somewhat disgusted at these views. They will probably be less sympathetic towards those of similar thought. Canadian viewers are not mindless drones repeating all that they see and hear. Give yourselves some credit.

Al-Jazeera is not the terrorist supporting network that you think. I understand that it is a fairly moderate broadcast company. If we do get to watch it; it will be closely scrutinized. After the propaganda that we listened to from the USA and many of our own stations; it is time that we were able to hear other views. ANYONE WHO WISHES DOES NOT HAVE TO TUNE IN. oops didn't mean to yell. But those of us who now question what we are told and even more important; what we are not told; would like the option of hearing another point of view.

Sometimes it is not what we are told; it is what we are not told that influences us. I don't think it should be anyones prime source of middle east news; just another viewpoint to allow us to question our own sources.

There are usually two sides (at least) to every story; this just will give us an opportunity to listen to another view. After the nonsense we were fed regarding Iraq; I think it is past time we got some balance.

As it is, I think that news in general competes with Jerry Springer for ratings.  PBS news is not bad, but all media is biased to some extent.

I do have a problem with them braodcasting the beheading but this will not happen on our airways.

Nothing is perfect but I too like PBS news reporting. Usually they do a quick rundown of the day's news, and then they take two or three issues and provide an in depth analysis. I wish though that PBS would have more variety in their news analysts.

The commercial or private networks, and unfortunately including the CBC are mainly propaganda, at least when politics is being discussed. :rolleyes:

My preference slides more towards educational channel like TLC or The Discovery channel. I get tired of having to watch the news on 3 different stations to get a better rounded version of political type news. Heck, even reporting on weather disaster items, you still get 3 different versions but I guess that is dependant on the sources they use. To get most of my news, I generally read a selection of newspapers.

(Still looking for those WMD)

Sadly enough we are,I wonder what the history books will say about Canada's effort to help find them.Oh,that's right,we believed saddam,not our allies,so we didn't need to hunt for them or the documents that said they had been destroyed.

[quote); "Sadly enough we are,I wonder what the history books will say about Canada's effort to help find them.Oh,that's right,we believed saddam,not our allies,so we didn't need to hunt for them or the documents that said they had been destroyed."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

We believed the weapons inspectors and were satisfied to have them continue the job.

"Our Allies" did not want to allow the weapons inspectors to continue; They just wanted to invade Iraq"

"Our Allies" were wrong. Most Americans and their congress and courts now realize that Bush was wrong and mislead them on weak evidence from a suspect sourc.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

"Our Allies" did not want to allow the weapons inspectors to continue; They just wanted to invade Iraq"

Oh that's right,something about the oil.

The Americans and allies who have died in this war knew it was about a 1.89 litre of oil,in their case ,quart.

The American,British,and all other allied forces are rejoicing with all the billions they have receeived from the Iraq oil fields.

You should be ashamed of yourself to say these people went to war under false pretenses.

I see both Charest and Layton are against the CRTC ruling to pull CHOI. Can someone from Quebec put this story in perspective/context for me? I keep looking for info. about exactly what was said (and it sounds like hate to me), but ,of course, they cannot or are unwilling to explain what the problem was exactly.

Is this equivalent to some of Don Cherry's stupid comments or did this take on a completely different tone?

CHOI is a radio station in Quebec City. For many years (over 20), it has had an "irritating" animator/phone-in/journalist named Andre Arthur. He pioneered shock radio. He has been in court numerous times on libel charges.

CHOI now has another guy namer Jean-Francois (Jef) Filion.

Needless to say, they are both very popular.

They tend to be right wing but I would describe them more as non-PC. They have (deliberately) gotten under the skin of the CBC/intello crowd.

See this G&M article. or this NP article.

Thanx August. That helped a bit especially in regards to the patient in the mental hospital. From the reports I read (CBC), it sounded like CHOI was making terrible remarks about the actual patient but from these articles it sounds like they were actually making disparaging remarks about the abusers.

I gotta admit, this is a difficult issue especially without actually being able to hear what they say most of the time. I suspect that we are getting a very biased interpretation out in the West.