Was Labour Minister bribed by Air Canada?

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Get real... the origian comment was reported in a news article, Air Canada can't talk about it because of privacy issues, we will have to wait to see what comes of it. Either way, it was a breach of privacy by a union employee who leaked the content of his breach of privacy to the NDP.

If you all think that such a breach is legal and morally correct, then it's sad, and thankfully you all have no actual say in anything that matters.

Again you are making stuff up as you always do. CITATION NEEDED! Did Air Canada call you personally to tell about this "investigation" so you can't show me?

They don't have a right to obtain personal information illegally in order to disseminate it to the NDP, neither should the NDP be in receipt of stolen property.

The gov't has a right to protect commerce and the economical repercussions from such a strike - so yes it doesn't matter to me that they are 'union busting' in this respect.

What about unfair competition in business? The other airlines might have an opinion on that.

Air Canada has always sucked at labour relations and it shows in every employee. They are a national embarrassment. I always apologize to relatives who have to fly AC, and they always acknowledge the service/attitude sucks. You can always tell a bad employer because the management's attitude shows in every service they provide.

They should have been allowed to go under, imo.

We would have been better served if CP bought AC instead.

Edited by jacee

Again you are making stuff up as you always do. CITATION NEEDED! Did Air Canada call you personally to tell about this "investigation" so you can't show me?

You are lying, just because you don't like what is said you attack and make malicious accusations so quit with the personal attacks, it was in the news of course, I didn't make it up.

employees improperly accessed customer files

Air Canada spokesman Peter Fitzpatrick said super elite travellers are regularly upgraded as part of their benefits and that "certain employees improperly accessed customer files" and appeared to have provided media with "misleading" information.

"We're looking into that breach of privacy," he added, noting he couldn't elaborate as a result of passenger privacy rules.

Then passing on stolen info to a political party - sure - and the union's pretty quiet about it...

Edited by scribblet

You are lying, just because you don't like what is said you attack and make malicious accusations so quit with the personal attacks, it was in the news of course, I didn't make it up.

Then passing on stolen info to a political party - sure - and the union's pretty quiet about it...

So in other words there was no law broken and there is no illegality to it. Right? Only seems that some internal company "privacy" policy was - maybe - broken. Nothing illegal about it at all.

I try to avoid A/C although I rarely fly anywhere now that we go south. My last flight with A/C was okay in itself, but at the end, the attendants were quite unhelpful and rude towards people requiring wheel chairs. The insurance company had sent me home because of a back problem which required me to use a wheelchair on and off the flight so I witnessed the poor treatment. Long story, but I was appalled at the time.

So in other words there was no law broken and there is no illegality to it. Right? Only seems that some internal company "privacy" policy was - maybe - broken. Nothing illegal about it at all.

Nonsense, the company has to be careful of the wording and are investigating an obvious breach, so if you think it is legally or morally acceptable to steal private information from a company's files, then pass it on to someone else, then I'm sure glad your values (or lack thereof) are not mine.

However, if you and your ilk are happy wallowing in your own mud, go for it - whatever keeps you happy.

Edited by scribblet

Nonsense, the company has to be careful of the wording and are investigating an obvious breach, so if you think it is legally or morally acceptable to steal private information from a company's files, then pass it on to someone else, then I'm sure glad your values (or lack thereof) are not mine.

However, if you and your ilk are happy wallowing in your own mud, go for it - whatever keeps you happy.

files are leaked all of the time

but you are talking as if its a matter of fact that a law was broken

so you are either bitter and full of hot air or you personally know more than you

should, should I alert the authorities that you are the witness to a crime?

would you testify to that?

So when you created a false equivalent and said something illegal happened you were lying than I called you out on it, and you still don't get how I was right and you were wrong.

Sounds like the way most out discussion go down for sure.

I think AC passes peoples private info onto to the government all the time. Have you ever heard of the no fly list. That is not your problem because if it was you would be pretty pissed at the government already. The only reason you are mad about it is the government got in trouble.

So when you created a false equivalent and said something illegal happened you were lying than I called you out on it, and you still don't get how I was right and you were wrong.

Sounds like the way most out discussion go down for sure.

You are right, I lied about nothing nor made any 'false equivalents', that is simply your opinion, which is not necessarily fact.

In the meantime, carry on with whatever inferences and insults if it makes you happy LOL

You are right, I lied about nothing nor made any 'false equivalents', that is simply your opinion, which is not necessarily fact.

In the meantime, carry on with whatever inferences and insults if it makes you happy LOL

You said the NDP should be investigated for their illegal actions which were never illegal in the first place. I know Conservatives love to re-write history but usually you guys wait a few years.

How do you know that nothing illegal occurred?

How do I know you aren't doing something illegal right now? Seriously what a lame question. That is the best you got "BUT BUT BUT the other side might have maybe with a small chance done something illegal themselves." We have been letting Conservatives on their high horses pull that crap to much. Show me something illegal and or immoral occured.

Seriously what a lame question.

When I think a poster's question is lame, I simply ignore it.

We have been letting Conservatives on their high horses pull that crap to much.

You're going to have to put with it another 4 years. :P

Show me something illegal and or immoral occured.

I never claimed any such thing. In any case, how could I make a judgment if I don't have all the facts?

so the cons are going after jack laytons family now

someone from the inside must have leaked out this information

which is apparently illegal!!

will he condemn this?!

http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2011/10/17/jack-layton-donations-mon_n_1015823.html

The moves comes as the NDP and Layton's family are facing examination over Air Canada seat upgrades for the funeral.

so the cons are going after jack laytons family now

someone from the inside must have leaked out this information

which is apparently illegal!!

will he condemn this?!

http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2011/10/17/jack-layton-donations-mon_n_1015823.html

The moves comes as the NDP and Layton's family are facing examination over Air Canada seat upgrades for the funeral.

Leave it to this country's governing Conservative bottom feeders to reach down in search of anything to hide or cast aside their own criminal behaviour.

Nonsense, the company has to be careful of the wording and are investigating an obvious breach

Do you have evidence of this? Even the company itself is saying 'may have' been 'innapropriately' etc. You are making it a sure thing while Air Canada isn't as sure as you are.

so if you think it is legally or morally acceptable to steal private information from a company's files, then pass it on to someone else, then I'm sure glad your values (or lack thereof) are not mine.

Nice try Casey. Whistleblowers should have protection. But this doesn't presume the approval for wholesale theft of company data.

"ilk" LOFL! :lol: You do too many simple crossword puzzles.

That is your opinion only

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/politics/ottawa-notebook/ndp-sought-air-canada-upgrades-for-laytons-funeral/article2203285/

However, a source familiar with the funeral arrangements says the family members were booked in economy and that an NDP official contacted the airline concierge to request the upgrades.

Air Canada granted the request for the upgrades and “they didn’t say no,” said the source, who looked into the matter after the NDP’s denial.