Was Labour Minister bribed by Air Canada?

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We really don't have enough information to make a judgment either way.

Agreed. The matter is in the Ethics Commissioner's hands now.

---

---

To date, the Conservatives are leading in public opinion by 10%. On the whole the opposition parties are having difficulty scoring points against the Conservatives on the policy front. It's no surprise they're aiming to narrow that margin by trying to unearth scandals. The Conservatives would do the same if they were in opposition.

Haven't read the whole thread, but so far there is no evidence to support any breach of ethics, and yes it is smelly. It's smelly because of the timing (union/striking)and has anyone asked how the NDP obtained personal flight information and have they mentioned that this info was obviously obtained illegally.

Haven't read the whole thread, but so far there is no evidence to support any breach of ethics, and yes it is smelly. It's smelly because of the timing (union/striking)and has anyone asked how the NDP obtained personal flight information and have they mentioned that this info was obviously obtained illegally.

whats smelly is union busting...what do you think the unions supposed to do? take it lying down?

Hell no, you get up and you get back at the people who are trying to screw you

Harper has no business in the affairs of a private company

but doesn't seem like that matters to you

Edited by olp1fan

whats smelly is union busting...what do you think the unions supposed to do? take it lying down?

Hell no, you get up and you get back at the people who are trying to screw you

Harper has no business in the affairs of a private company

but doesn't seem like that matters to you

They don't have a right to obtain personal information illegally in order to disseminate it to the NDP, neither should the NDP be in receipt of stolen property.

The gov't has a right to protect commerce and the economical repercussions from such a strike - so yes it doesn't matter to me that they are 'union busting' in this respect.

The gov't has a right to protect commerce and the economical repercussions from such a strike - so yes it doesn't matter to me that they are 'union busting' in this respect.

That argument could be made for any labour action. What makes it the government's right to protect commerce? Why isn't it the government's right to protect workers?

She sounded guilty to me when I saw her talking about it, no one stammers like that without hiding something

She enjoys the idea and the feel of luxury - this pleasure can blind someone to duty. Of course she stammered - because she was embarassed that she had forgotten the first rule of service - that you as a public offical in a domocratic society are a SERVANT - Not a British Lord gone bad from some long lost era.

They don't have a right to obtain personal information illegally in order to disseminate it to the NDP, neither should the NDP be in receipt of stolen property.

Leave it scribblet to make things up, post them, and then agree with himself. Seriously CITATION PLEASE!!!!

It violates the Charter of Rights and Freedoms to block a strike by private company employees

I guess the Supreme Court is gonna have to bitch slap Harper once again

Edited by olp1fan

Leave it scribblet to make things up, post them, and then agree with himself. Seriously CITATION PLEASE!!!!

Leave it to punked to make an unfounded accusations and a personal attack.

So the union or a union employee actually has the right to take the personal information for a passenger and disseminate it to a political party - really I guess that's why A/C is looking into the breach of security. Regardless of a charter challenge, I expect the gov't to step in when necessary to protect us.

And you are really asking for a cite confirming that the gov't actually has a responsibility to protect the economy and the people - :rolleyes::lol:

Actually, the SC (majority) did rule that in one case, that freedom of association does not guarantee the right to strike or bargain collectively.

why Minister Rait is legally correct

IMO they are morally right also

Edited by scribblet

Leave it to punked to make an unfounded accusations and a personal attack.

So the union or a union employee actually has the right to take the personal information for a passenger and disseminate it to a political party - really I guess that's why A/C is looking into the breach of security. Regardless of a charter challenge, I expect the gov't to step in when necessary to protect us.

And you are really asking for a cite confirming that the gov't actually has a responsibility to protect the economy and the people - :rolleyes::lol:

Actually, the SC (majority) did rule that in one case, that freedom of association does not guarantee the right to strike or bargain collectively.

why Minister Rait is legally correct

IMO they are morally right also

You are making up how this information got out. That was the point all along. I ASK AGAIN CITATION PLEASE! How did the information get out? Right now all I see is you making stuff up and posting it as fact.

I don't have to provide you with didley squat - if there was no breach of privacy then why is Air Canada investigating that "certain employees improperly accessed customer files" - and that's not illegal - sure. A/C can't discuss more because of privacy issues.

Just because you don't like the fact that a union employee has done this and given out this information in order to smear the Minister, doesn't make it untrue.

There needs to be an inquiry into how NDP obtained information to which they were never entitled.

Edited by scribblet

I don't have to provide you with didley squat - if there was no breach of privacy then why is Air Canada investigating that "certain employees improperly accessed customer files" - and that's not illegal - sure. A/C can't discuss more because of privacy issues.

Just because you don't like the fact that a union employee has done this and given out this information in order to smear the Minister, doesn't make it untrue.

There needs to be an inquiry into how NDP obtained information to which they were never entitled.

Gotcha so you have no source and all the claims you are making are out of your head. That was what I was saying all along.

Again Stop making claims unless you are willing to back them up. CITATION NEEDED!!

You are the one stating that "the info was obviously obtained illegally."

If it is so obvious, how about you tell us - at the very least - what law was broken?

lol, lets say ndp did break the law that is once...comparing that to the dozens of times the cons broke the law since 2006 ...

people who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones

Our side needs to stop conceding to this fake equivalents. Don't say "lets say they did" say "Prove they did" the only reason the other side makes stuff up like Scrib here is because they know we will let them get away with it instead of telling they are lying when they are. Don't concede these points please because while I understand what you are saying it is very easy for someone like Scrib to now dismiss you because you also did wrong.

MAKE HIM PROVE IT.

Gotcha so you have no source and all the claims you are making are out of your head. That was what I was saying all along.

Again Stop making claims unless you are willing to back them up. CITATION NEEDED!!

BS, I'm going by Air Canada's investigation and comments... you stop making unfounded claims.

air canada is biased, do you have an impartial source?

Get real... the origian comment was reported in a news article, Air Canada can't talk about it because of privacy issues, we will have to wait to see what comes of it. Either way, it was a breach of privacy by a union employee who leaked the content of his breach of privacy to the NDP.

If you all think that such a breach is legal and morally correct, then it's sad, and thankfully you all have no actual say in anything that matters.