Omar Khadr is coming back to Canada.

Bob

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since the Taliban were not recognized by Canada as the government of Afghanistan, and the Northern Alliance was, it strikes me that no declaration was required.

I guess that works for Libya as well? Support an insurgency against the standing government and then put boots on the ground when the 'transitional government' gains total control?

Did not matter if we did not recognize the Taliban as the governing body of Afghanistan, they simply were the governing body.

I guess that works for Libya as well? Support an insurgency against the standing government and then put boots on the ground when the 'transitional government' gains total control?

Did not matter if we did not recognize the Taliban as the governing body of Afghanistan, they simply were the governing body.

They were a de facto government, not a de jure government. There is a difference, and in international law that is absolutely critical.

You did not read my previous comments where I have stated I checked out the definition on wikipedia.They are not clear.They even suggest that a better term to use is islamic militant or something like that for islamic followers who use violence against others.

Unless you can provide any further support for your claim then the term "Islamism" does not include the use of violence against innocent people.

Furthermore I do not believe "Islamism" is outlawed or banned in Canada.Or if the Canadian government has deemed followers of Islamism to be terrorists.

WWWTT

Guest American Woman
You did not read my previous comments where I have stated I checked out the definition on wikipedia.They are not clear.They even suggest that a better term to use is islamic militant or something like that for islamic followers who use violence against others.

Unless you can provide any further support for your claim then the term "Islamism" does not include the use of violence against innocent people.

Furthermore I do not believe "Islamism" is outlawed or banned in Canada.Or if the Canadian government has deemed followers of Islamism to be terrorists.

The term "Islamism" has taken on the connotation of militant Islam, but I agree with you - it's not the actual "definition," but more a tendency and acceptance by some to refer to radical, terrorist, jihad supporting Muslims that way. It is a reference to political Islam, but as you say, that isn't synonymous with supporting terrorism by any means. I don't agree with the use of the word to refer to terrorism myself.

Nothing directly, but we are members of NATO. You do know what that entails, right?

Excellent point made!

An attack on one is an attack on all!

The question still remains that "Why was the US attacked"

Another question to ask is if we help one nation that was attacked,can we change or direct that countries policy or circumstance to prevent from future incidents from happening.After all it wasn't Canada that was attacked,should our help come without any strings attached?

Furthermore,to this date I have not seen,heard or read any evidence other than circamstantial evidence indicating whom was responsible for the 9/11 attacks.

WWWTT

Excellent point made!

An attack on one is an attack on all!

The question still remains that "Why was the US attacked"

Another question to ask is if we help one nation that was attacked,can we change or direct that countries policy or circumstance to prevent from future incidents from happening.After all it wasn't Canada that was attacked,should our help come without any strings attached?

Furthermore,to this date I have not seen,heard or read any evidence other than circamstantial evidence indicating whom was responsible for the 9/11 attacks.

WWWTT

so when sihk extremists blew a couple hundred canadians out of the air where was nato support for our war on terror and the invasion of india? oh ya that never happened...when the falkland islands were invaded where was our nato support in the war with argentina? oh ya that never happened either...

The term "Islamism" has taken on the connotation of militant Islam, but I agree with you - it's not the actual "definition," but more a tendency and acceptance by some to refer to radical, terrorist, jihad supporting Muslims that way. It is a reference to political Islam, but as you say, that isn't synonymous with supporting terrorism by any means. I don't agree with the use of the word to refer to terrorism myself.

Wow I'm suprised!

Thank You for expressing your opinion in support of my,err sorry "our" position!

WWWTT

so when sihk extremists blew a couple hundred canadians out of the air where was nato support for our war on terror and the invasion of india? oh ya that never happened...when the falkland islands were invaded where was our nato support in the war with argentina? oh ya that never happened either...

Excellent points.

Who else is a member of NATO?

OK there's also Portugal and I believe Turkey aswell,28 countries all together!

There is probably many more cases too.

WWWTT

:lol:

Such naivety. So refreshing ... stoopid, but refreshing.

I needed a laugh.

Wasn't it you who stated that all Omar has ever been about is Xbox? Now you're calling someone naive?

Omar Khadr was born and bred to die as a soldier for Allah. This isn't opinion, it's what the family has said. His training in weapons and explosives was real life; not Call of Duty.

Omar idolized his father. He was his father's favourite. He wasn't forced onto the battlefield either. His parents kept him at home. He requested to go, wanting to be with his brothers.

Wasn't it you who stated that all Omar has ever been about is Xbox? Now you're calling someone naive?

Omar Khadr was born and bred to die as a soldier for Allah. This isn't opinion, it's what the family has said. His training in weapons and explosives was real life; not Call of Duty.

Omar idolized his father. He was his father's favourite. He wasn't forced onto the battlefield either. His parents kept him at home. He requested to go, wanting to be with his brothers.

He was a minor.

Someone said he left Canada after grade one?

It's all moot now.

Guest American Woman

You were making a moral judgement. Learn the difference sometime.

Stating that 'I think the only way he could not be allowed back is if he lost citizenship and the only way I think that could happen is if he were tried and found guilty of treason' is not any kind of "judgement" at all. Again. And try to comprehend this time. I didn't say I THOUGHT he should be tried for treason, so methinks you should "learn the difference sometime."

And can't be done as it is illegal to leave a person stateless. However, I will grant that your thinking is of the same calibre as the ijuts that let that asinine item get on the agenda. They're an embarrassment to their country too.

That's your opinion, and you're entitled to it. Just as the "ijuts" you refer to have a right to theirs; and I don't think I'm going out on a limb here to say I'm sure there are many (!) Canadians who think you are an embarrassment to their country. :)

Omar ? Fighting?

You do realize you were quoting the Globe and Mail there, and not me, right?? :rolleyes:

Newsflash: Omar Kadhr's abusive terrorist criminal father is dead.

Tell me something else I don't know.

Shall we convict him posthumously?

Charging him before he died might have been an option. Ya think?? Tell me, why wasn't an "abusive terrorist criminal father" ever charged?

Shall we punish his family ... ie, all of the victims of the abusive terrorist father?

Standing by and allowing one's child to be abused IS abuse. His mother let it happen. She should be charged. She is no less responsible for her child's well being than his father was.

"Either ...or"? Somebody has to pay for the crimes of the deceased?

Again. His mother is not deceased and his father should have been charged before he died.

Not in the real world. "An eye for an eye" and it doesn't matter whose? There's a society like that ... tribal Wahabbi-ism, Saudi style ... GW's buddies ... Right up your alley!

And here we start with the personal insults - for something I didn't even say.

MYOB AMWO

And now the true colors really start to come out ......

First and foremost, this is my business. Secondly, I'll state my opinion on whatever issue I choose. Same as you do.

Go tell your own country what they 'should' do ... like stop punishing good soldiers for telling the truth.

I've already explained, without insulting you, why eye witnesses don't always see things the same, why they aren't always accurate, and why two witnesses who are both "telling the truth" have conflicting accounts. Again. You do not know which soldier is telling it the way it really happened. You have no way of knowing if Omar threw the grenade or not.

I call it the way I see it.

Exactly. No more, no less. It's simply the way you see it.

Yes, you are an extremist right wing US'n propagandist trying to bully Canadians on a Canadian discussion board, and it's arrogant, tacky and pathetic, indicative of a delusion of superiority and dissociation from reality imo.

Now the insults really start to fly, eh? I'm now "bullying Canadians on a Canadian discussion board" - for stating my view. There aren't enough :rolleyes:'s in the world for that.

I hate to break it to you, but my "calling it the way I see it" is no less arrogant, tacky, and pathetic than YOUR "calling it the way you see it." As for "indicative of a delusion of a superiority and dissociation from reality," if it's a dissociation from YOUR reality - I thank God. :lol:

Promoting extremist propaganda is bullying. Bullies seldom have insight into their own behaviours.

But only when it's *ahem* "extremist propaganda" that you disagree with, right? Your being on the board throwing insults around, making ugly accusations, is not bullying, not extremism, and not propaganda, right? Ironically, what you accuse me of fits this post of yours to a "T."

Ya, and apparently affords you the opportunity to be online many hours a day promoting extremist propaganda. Nice use of public funds.

Now we really begin to see how off the wall you are - how you go off on a tangent, insulting and making accusations, simply because you have different views. What public funds?? And "many hours a day??" Good grief.

Ya I get that. I just don't give a sht what you are "telling Canadians" to do. The fact that you think you have a right to 'tell Canadians' anything pretty much says it all (see "superiority" above).

The fact that you still don't get the reference is what pretty much says it all - about you.

Now shouldn't you go do some work for your "pay check" (sic). If you were slackassing like this on my staff, you'd be fired.

I'm not at work, sweetheart. That you would make such an accusation speaks for you, not me. This whole post of yours is quite telling - it speaks of who and what you are - and I'll leave it at that, because I won't drag myself down to your level.

Have a nice day. :)