Omar Khadr is coming back to Canada.

Bob

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Relevance of your comment to this thread? None.

Expand your horizons and stop being a control freak...everything is relevant and connected...was it not Conrad that dictated some policy when he controled the Jerusalem Post? Bob my friend - you will have to mature some time and become the leader that you hope to be - rule number one - observe from the middle ground - it is the centralist that controls the left and the right hand.

BOB - you have had since 1946 to secure the area and make friends with the neighbours..that's plenty of time to develope the high skill of deplomacy and the garnering of general good will. Israel needs leadership if it is to survive. Most certainly you are spiritually and intellectually capable of it - but - there is a danger as you know - If you bring about peace and harmony in the area - the local mafia might remove you - so I guess you figured in your fear that it was better to join them? This is not benefical to the citizens of Israel - and all this bull shit you preach is all about buisness - you betray the Jews.

Nope....Khadr is a convicted war criminal whose life was saved by medical attention from the very Americans he was trying to kill. Send him back to live a life of shame in Canada, or give him a free plane ride back to Afghanerrstan and a 20 minute running head start before the UAV's start looking for him.

Fortunately some US soldiers are more decent people than you. One was a witness to the events and told the truth that Omar did not throw the grenade. Another was an intarrogator who told the truth that Omar was a whining child who would have said anything to stop the pain.

Of course these testimonies occurred during pre-trial so going to trial was quickly scrapped as an option in favour of the 'save face/hide the truth' plea bargain process.

Nobody considers Omar Kadhr a "hero". He's a victim, first of his father, then of Gitmo and the military coverup establishment (despite the efforts of a couple of soldiers) and then of Canadian governments that failed to protect the rights of a child forced into a war.

We owe him ... medical attention, therapy, and the freedom to tell his story, so we never again victimize a child in this way.

And no doubt the courts will eventually award him a large settlement for the Canadian violations of his rights. Remember that it was his false words, elicited through torture, that led to torture of Maher Arar, and to his eventual court-ordered settlement. It was testimony that Omar could not have seen Arar as he said under torture, because Omar was elsewhere at the time.

Omar was and still is a child, a victim of arrested development through abuse, trauma and torture. He needs treatment and we owe it to him.

Fortunately some US soldiers are more decent people than you. One was a witness to the events and told the truth that Omar did not throw the grenade. Another was an intarrogator who told the truth that Omar was a whining child who would have said anything to stop the pain.

Of course these testimonies occurred during pre-trial so going to trial was quickly scrapped as an option in favour of the 'save face/hide the truth' plea bargain process.

Nobody considers Omar Kadhr a "hero". He's a victim, first of his father, then of Gitmo and the military coverup establishment (despite the efforts of a couple of soldiers) and then of Canadian governments that failed to protect the rights of a child forced into a war.

We owe him ... medical attention, therapy, and the freedom to tell his story, so we never again victimize a child in this way.

And no doubt the courts will eventually award him a large settlement for the Canadian violations of his rights. Remember that it was his false words, elicited through torture, that led to torture of Maher Arar, and to his eventual court-ordered settlement. It was testimony that Omar could not have seen Arar as he said under torture, because Omar was elsewhere at the time.

Omar was and still is a child, a victim of arrested development through abuse, trauma and torture. He needs treatment and we owe it to him.

Some dumb boy - with wounds sees some Amercian mercenary types coming towards him - he assumes that in the fact that they killed everyone with him that he was next - so big deal....as for the need for treatment - Cheney never got his needed treatment - so why should this stupid young man? The whole thing was such a horrific deversion from what was important..was this an illegal war or not - that question has gone by the wayside for ever.

How was it an illegal war?

Maybe not illegal in a legal sense - but a little immoral and diversionary - IF the backers - facilitators...and motivators behind the attack on the World Trade Centre were all spawns of Saudi Arabia and the actors were all Saudi citizens - would it not make sense to go and invade Saudi Arabia and take care of the problem at it's root? Instead of galavanding all over Iraq and Afghanistan making a profit through very lucrative military contracts...and duping the average dumb American with the idea that Sadam Hussein was at the controls? It's bizzare - the core of the problem here is that American enterprisers did not want to lose any money by taking care of the real enemy...so they lured the public mind into an area concerning "little girls going to school" - and this Khdar diversion...how stupid are the people? I would say real stupid - as for Iraq - look at the place now - I would surely say that something both illegal and immoral took place by judging it's present state!

Some dumb boy - with wounds sees some Amercian mercenary types coming towards him - he assumes that in the fact that they killed everyone with him that he was next - so big deal....as for the need for treatment - Cheney never got his needed treatment - so why should this stupid young man? The whole thing was such a horrific deversion from what was important..was this an illegal war or not - that question has gone by the wayside for ever.

Get your facts straight Oleg: Omar saw NOTHING. He was injured and lying under a pile of rubble that a US soldier knew was there BEFORE the grenade was thrown. Omar's mentor/protector - his father's friend - was also alive when the US soldiers arrived inside the compound, until they shot him (Maybe he went for his gun?)

Cheney is a sociopath. There is no treatment for that, only protection for society from such predators-of-no-conscience.

Get your facts straight Oleg: Omar saw NOTHING. He was injured and lying under a pile of rubble that a US soldier knew was there BEFORE the grenade was thrown. Omar's mentor/protector - his father's friend - was also alive when the US soldiers arrived inside the compound, until they shot him (Maybe he went for his gun?)

Cheney is a sociopath. There is no treatment for that, only protection for society from such predators-of-no-conscience.

Yes I have heard this version..and it is probably true - here is the picture that I see - You have Khdar - who is an ethnic to the region - You have American military who have traveled thousands of miles and now stand on ground that they have no buisness being on - The ethnic fanatics...and I am sure they are fanatic about their heritage as most of us are - had the shit beat out of them by superiour forces - Super sonic planes with bombs - a substantial ground force...and so on - Some how I don't get how a nation that declares that a war crime has been committed against them - when it is fine for them to shoot the enemy - but a crime for the enemy to fight back - that would mean that every last German soldier that fought the allies back in 1943 should have all been hauled off to Nuremburg ------------Now in the alternative _ if Khdar and his group had done what they did - in Boston - then that would be real grounds for crimminality. The rest is bull shit. It seems that the victor always gets to write history...and the victor is never the crimminal.

How was it an illegal war?

No declaration of war towards Afghanistan from the Canadian government. Illegal by our own Canadian standards. This article also puts the notion forward that the the term 'declaration of war' is outdated.

http://www.forces.gc.ca/site/commun/ml-fe/article-eng.asp?id=4106

No declaration of war towards Afghanistan from the Canadian government. Illegal by our own Canadian standards. This article also puts the notion forward that the the term 'declaration of war' is outdated.

So formality and decorum is out dated....I guess that would make rule of law out dated also...

His country is Canada. But I must say, this surprises me. I don't think it's an question of his not being allowed back in, though - he is a natural born Canadian. From what I understand, he'd have to be tried and convicted of treason in order to lose his citizenship.

No person can be left stateless.Omar is and will always be Canadian. "Treason" is laughable: You cannot convict a child of treason for doing what his father forced him to do, in Canada or the US. Or anywhere in the world.

What I don't understand is the mindset of the Canadians practically hero-worshiping him - thinking Canada owes him something.

Your propensity for propaganda twisting is obvious AMWO. Nobody's hero worshipping, but we do have a sense of responsibility for the victimization of children.

So do decent US'ns, like the soldiers who told the truth. There are decent people and a$$holes on both sides of the border, and you and BC, with your propagandist twisting of facts, and attempts to bully Canadians here on this board, represent everything that is wrong in the US and Canada.

Get a life ... get a real job ... go peddle your predatory messages south of the border. "Listen what I say" indeed. Arrogance is its own reward I guess. B)

I am quite aware that the sociopath war profiteers who create conflict in the world for personal profit have unlimited propaganda budgets and stop at nothing, even murder of activists en masse.

Doesn't mean we're afraid to confront the predators.

When the bought 'soldiers' desert them, they're just cringing, horribly pathetic people drooling in their prison gruel.

We will win, because we can't lose when we confront evil unarmed and with messages of peace and honourable living.

When they attack us, we win.

We will win. We are winning, all over the world.

Get with the humanity program or get left stewing in your own acid. Your choice.

And take this message back for me, eh? Thanks. :)

Edited by jacee

No person can be left stateless.Omar is and will always be Canadian. "Treason" is laughable: You cannot convict a child of treason for doing what his father forced him to do, in Canada or the US. Or anywhere in the world.

Your propensity for propaganda twisting is obvious AMWO. Nobody's hero worshipping, but we do have a sense of responsibility for the victimization of children.

So do decent US'ns, like the soldiers who told the truth. There are decent people and a$$holes on both sides of the border, and you and BC, with your propagandist twisting of facts, and attempts to bully Canadians here on this board, represent everything that is wrong in the US and Canada.

Get a life ... get a real job ... go peddle your predatory messages south of the border.

"Listen what I say" indeed. Arrogance is its own reward I guess. B)

Don't like Khadr's thankless family - don't like the attitude of immigrants that have no loyalty for the national family that granted them the luxury of steady food and lodging and freedom to speak. As for the then kid being treacherous and guilty of treason against Canada - ask your average Canadian who served in Afganistan if the "mission" was worth it. From what I understand most of the returning soldiers believe it was a waste of time, resourses - and of lives...so who really committed the treacherous act against the Canadian public....was it this stupid kid - or was it our government............ You can not convict the government - but it is easy to use this stupid kid as a scape goat - people love to hate - one individual - but to hate a duely elected governement would amount to hating ourselves - and we are not about to do that - so it is easier to take the path of least resistance - persecute some dumb boy.

It's called war. As usual, the left is trying to ignore all relevant context in the comparison of Omar Khadr to Canadian or American soldiers, as if their is a moral equivalence to be drawn between these two factions.

This is the typical treason of the Canadian left - where Omar Khadr is now the moral equivalent of the Canadian soldier. Omar Khadr is simply the Canadian soldier's counterpart on the other side, and Canadian soldiers are now "an invading army".

Right or left it does not matter - if an army travels thousands of miles to occupy a land that is as a whole no real threat to Canada that would seem like an invasion to me. If say - a Canadian citizen who hated China - went there and attacked the citizens - and China in turn send a huge force to British Columbia where they believe that the offender was `trained` - would that Army from China be considered invaders...... of course...

Khadr is and always will be a non-issue. Much like the people at Toronto city hall who are spending counteless hours debating on whether snacks and coffee should be provided. Our policy is as such - that we don`t care if those that hate the west immigrate to our nation...so why all the fuss about this one person.....as for moral equivalence - there are no morals when it comes to violent conflict..so why bring morality into play............I kill you - you kill me and so forth - do we stop to discuss who is moral and who is not - the fact the we are engaged in such activity drives morality out of the picture.

Ok you know what buddy-your right!

Yep you figured me out!

I'm a communist,islamic- anti western spy infiltrating Canada for the Chinese/nazi/anti Isreal/Bob movement.

It was my intent to recruit influential candidates on Mapleleafweb but you freekin blew it!Happy now!

Ya good for you buddy!

WWWTT

You forgot the worst label--- NDP nut

Edited by Tilter

Guest American Woman

I was making an observation, ok? I wasn't advocating trying him for treason, but merely making an observation - and stripping Canadians guilty of treason of citizenship has been discussed: link

Stephen Harper’s governing Conservative Party will debate whether Canadians should be stripped of their citizenship should they take up arms against this country or its allies.

In theory, such a policy – had it been enacted in law years ago – might have resulted in Canadian Omar Khadr losing his citizenship after he was caught fighting U.S. soldiers in Afghanistan.

What I truly question is the naturalized citizens of his family being allowed to retain citizenship after training with al Qaeda along with the fact that they've faced no charges for forcing Omar into battle as a minor. There should be charges - either Omar is guilty or his parents are guilty. Yet no charges have been laid against anyone as his family lives the Good Life in Canada.

"Propaganda twisting?" A bit dramatic, no?

I call it the way I see it. I have a right to my opinion whether you approve or not. Odd that you, who is so supportive of people's right to protest and state their opinion, complaining when you think they are being denied being heard, would accuse me of "propaganda twisting" for stating my opinion/my view. Perhaps your beliefs regarding a person's right to speak their mind is limited to only those YOU agree with? It certainly appears that way.

So do decent US'ns, like the soldiers who told the truth.

So "decent" Americans are the Americans who see things your way. Got'cha.

You have no idea what is going on in the minds of any of the soldiers who testified. Witnesses telling conflicting stories could very well both be telling their "truth;" different witnesses see different things, which is why eye witness testimonies can vary so much. That you have declared one soldier - the "decent" soldier, of course - of telling the truth is nothing more than your bias; your opinion. You have no way on earth of knowing which soldiers have told it accurately - ie: the way it actually went down.

There are decent people and a$$holes on both sides of the border, and you and BC, with your propagandist twisting of facts, and attempts to bully Canadians here on this board, represent everything that is wrong in the US and Canada.

By stating my opinion I'm "twisting the facts" and "attempting to bully Canadians??" :rolleyes:

I have not insulted you, and have certainly not attempted to "bully" you or anyone else. Evidently Americans have to be subservient and agree with everything y'all say as we hear opinion after opinion about the U.S. - or we are bullies.

Get a life ... get a real job ... go peddle your predatory messages south of the border. "Listen what I say" indeed. Arrogance is its own reward I guess. B)

Could you be more trite?? "Get a life ... get a real job?" As opposed to what? A life where my opinions match yours? A "real job" such as yours? Funny. My job gives me a pay check and deducts federal and state taxes and social security. Perhaps I should tell the government to stop, since my job isn't "real."

Honestly, you sound as ignorant as a child having a temper tantrum for not getting his/her way simply because I've stated views contrary to yours.

As for "listen what I say" - you are familiar with the song by the CANADIAN BAND "American Woman," are you not?? The line is lyrics from the song. A Canadian band is telling American women to listen to what they say, so I, in turn, am telling Canadians to listen to what an American Woman has to say. It's a play on words. Done in fun. So take a deep breath and lighten up. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

One final FACT. You do not know if Omar threw the grenade or not. All you have is your opinion on the matter.

Since the Taliban were not recognized by Canada as the government of Afghanistan, and the Northern Alliance was, it strikes me that no declaration was required.

Although Toadbrother's definition of "Islamism" leaves something to be desires, he's absolutely right in mocking you for being oblivious of this term - as it is clearly something new for you. Islamism, put simply, is political Islam. Those who subscribe to Islamism (which clearly overlaps greatly with Islam) desire and expansion of Islam and an establishment of Islam as the law of the land. Again, you being dumbfounded by this term and asking for help tells us exactly what ToadBrother was alluding to - that you clearly don't pay any serious attention to these issues. If we needed any reason to devalue your commentary on this board any further, we just got it.

You have a site to back your opinion?

WWWTT

Words have meaning. If you choose to adopt your own private definition, it does little but cause confusion. This has nothing to do with conspiracies about the evil media, and everything to do with proper use of language. Islamism is not merely a religious philosophy. It is no more equivalent of Catholicism than Iron Guard fascism was the equivalent of Catholicism.

Still waiting for a site that can back up your claim.

WWWTT

I was making an observation, ok?

You were making a moral judgement. Learn the difference sometime.

I wasn't advocating trying him for treason, but merely making an observation - and stripping Canadians guilty of treason of citizenship has been discussed

And can't be done as it is illegal to leave a person stateless. However, I will grant that your thinking is of the same calibre as the ijuts that let that asinine item get on the agenda. They're an embarrassment to their country too.

... Canadian Omar Khadr ... caught fighting U.S. soldiers in Afghanistan.

Omar ? Fighting? :lol::lol:

What I truly question is the naturalized citizens of his family being allowed to retain citizenship after training with al Qaeda along with the fact that they've faced no charges for forcing Omar into battle as a minor. There should be charges - either Omar is guilty or his parents are guilty. Yet no charges have been laid against anyone as his family lives the Good Life in Canada.

Newsflash: Omar Kadhr's abusive terrorist criminal father is dead. Shall we convict him posthumously? Shall we punish his family ... ie, all of the victims of the abusive terrorist father?

"Either ...or"? Somebody has to pay for the crimes of the deceased? Not in the real world. "An eye for an eye" and it doesn't matter whose? There's a society like that ... tribal Wahabbi-ism, Saudi style ... GW's buddies ... Right up your alley! :lol:

MYOB AMWO

Go tell your own country what they 'should' do ... like stop punishing good soldiers for telling the truth. <_<

... accuse me of "propaganda twisting" for stating my opinion ...

I call it the way I see it. Yes, you are an extremist right wing US'n propagandist trying to bully Canadians on a Canadian discussion board, and it's arrogant, tacky and pathetic, indicative of a delusion of superiority and dissociation from reality imo.

I ... have certainly not attempted to "bully" you or anyone else.

Promoting extremist propaganda is bullying. Bullies seldom have insight into their own behaviours.

My job gives me a pay check ...

Ya, and apparently affords you the opportunity to be online many hours a day promoting extremist propaganda. Nice use of public funds.

... so I, in turn, am telling Canadians to listen to what an American Woman has to say.

Ya I get that. I just don't give a sht what you are "telling Canadians" to do. The fact that you think you have a right to 'tell Canadians' anything pretty much says it all (see "superiority" above).

Now shouldn't you go do some work for your "pay check" (sic). If you were slackassing like this on my staff, you'd be fired.

Edited by jacee