this is the government that stephen harper supports

bud

this is happening in the occupied east jerusalem and the west bank on the internationally recognized palestinian land as well.

The chief of the UN Humanitarian Affairs, Ms Valerie Amos, said here on Tuesday that Palestinians were utterly frustrated by the impact of Israeli policies on their lives. “Their homes are regularly demolished and they cannot develop their communities,” she said.

After a four-day visit to the region, Ms Amos said Israel must suspend the forced eviction and displacement of civilians from their homes in the occupied Palestinian territory.

She described the policy as illegal under international law and said it had devastating, long-term humanitarian consequences for residents.

Ms Amos said Palestinians needed the right to move freely and in safety throughout the West Bank, including East Jerusalem and the Gaza Strip to access services and resources.

She also called for the lifting of the blockade on the Gaza Strip to facilitate economic growth and development and reduce dependence on humanitarian aid.

link

Edited by bud

Harper is a bit old fashiohed and actually thinks that the people in Forest Hill (an old community of super rich Jews) has political clout) This beautiful area..with it's grand trees and ten million dollar homes if full of OLD PEOPLE who don't give a damn......Harper actually believes that some rich old Jews - have power and he must cow tow to them,,,The old rich Jews are not interested at the end of their lives in Harper- they don't vote - and they don't send a million bucks in support of some old cause -Harper like some dumb anti-semite is under the impression that the Jews are movers and shakers- they can barely shake their worn out hips..............................get with the time Harper!

He lost me at the end. If he was old enough to recall 1967 he'd know the answer to his question.

sure, it would be an answer if we didn't have international laws that the world (except israel) didn't agree on, which israel and canada are signatory to. the settlements are illegal and they're not recognized by the world (including canada), stupid.

Edited by bud

sure, it would be an answer if we didn't have international laws that the world (except israel) didn't agree on, which israel and canada are signatory to. the settlements are illegal and they're not recognized by the world (including canada), stupid.

Yeah...get back to me right after your crusade to "free" Pomerania and Prussia from the Poles.

I didn't think you could recall 1967 with the Arabs screwing-up horribly after starting a war with Israel they felt was a sure thing in terms of winning. They lost...they lost ground. There is no 'international law' in the world that will change this other than by your group's usual methods...violence, violence and more violence. And good luck with that, because the last several times your lot tried eliminating Israel they got a bloody nose. Good thing, too as we don't need another Holocaust...well...I'm sure you might feel different.

Yeah...get back to me right after your crusade to "free" Pomerania and Prussia from the Poles.

i didn't know there were resolutions and agreements over the land and over a million pomerania and prussian refugees. does international law apply to those areas? are there people being currently ethnically cleansed? is their land still being annexed?

your comparisons are ridiculous. there is a reason you've been put on the ignore list. if you want to continue to waste my time with ridiculous arguments, i'm not going to reply to you.

i didn't know there were resolutions and agreements over the land and over a million pomerania and prussian refugees. does international law apply to those areas? are there people being currently ethnically cleansed? is their land still being annexed?

your comparisons are ridiculous. there is a reason you've been put on the ignore list. if you want to continue to waste my time with ridiculous arguments, i'm not going to reply to you.

There is no right side when it comes to palestine and israel

i prefer we be neutral

Hah...it is only ridiculous to YOU. Germany started a war and lost land...THEIR land. THEY were removed from it. THEIR cities renamed to Polish names. Why are the Arabs different? Are they special??

Plus...I'm not 'down' with a movement that hitched its wagon to Hitler's horses. Why are you?

Edited by DogOnPorch

oh look, a response:

The response is simple. If a country or group of countries go to war, they can lose that war. The Arabs have. Israel can push these people out, particularly when they're not negotiating in good faith.

Palestinian land is conquered land. Maybe if the Arabs would sign a peace treaty and actually agree to not attack Israel the Israelis would pull back.

You can talk all you like about 'international law' but the problem is there is no cop to call on when someone violates it. That means, when Israel was attacked again and again it was up to them to defend themselves. And it still is. If it feels the need for a larger perimeter to defend itself, if it feels that Palestine as an independent entity would pose an even larger security risk, well, who can really judge that from thousands of miles away?

If I was in charge of the world and could enforce my orders I'd order all the Jews off that land, then I'd give the West Bank to Jordan and Gaza to Egypt and say that's that.

That means, when Israel was attacked again and again it was up to them to defend themselves. And it still is. If it feels the need for a larger perimeter to defend itself, if it feels that Palestine as an independent entity would pose an even larger security risk, well, who can really judge that from thousands of miles away?

annexation of land, increasing illegal settlements and stealing palestinian water has nothing to do with security. it's called theft.