Clements and the mayor

Topaz

The mayor of Huntsville has come and said next time he'll use a phone and not a personal e-mail to the government. Why? Because you got caught doing things that Tony shouldn't have been doing? Sound like corruption at EVERY level of government. Tony still refuses to stand up in Parliament and defence himself,but then how could he? Baird is doing all the talking and I wonder when the NDP is going to start attacking Baird as why he let Tony used Border money for the G8. Would Baird stand up then or would have to go back to the PM , who knew everything that was going on. http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/canada/breakingnews/huntsville-mayor-embarrassed-by-emails-to-clement-vows-to-use-phone-in-future-131098608.html

The mayor of Huntsville has come and said next time he'll use a phone and not a personal e-mail to the government. Why? Because you got caught doing things that Tony shouldn't have been doing? Sound like corruption at EVERY level of government. Tony still refuses to stand up in Parliament and defence himself,but then how could he? Baird is doing all the talking and I wonder when the NDP is going to start attacking Baird as why he let Tony used Border money for the G8. Would Baird stand up then or would have to go back to the PM , who knew everything that was going on. http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/canada/breakingnews/huntsville-mayor-embarrassed-by-emails-to-clement-vows-to-use-phone-in-future-131098608.html

I have a feeling Clement is going to be shuffled awfully soon. If I was Harper, I would turfed him to the backbenches after the election. The guy is a slimeball.

I kind of feel bad for Tony Clement...he was never supposed to be a politician, he had failed a few times to even get elected until he did in 2006 I think

Now he is the PMs fall guy...think of it like this

Clement has FAILED at most everything hes done in politics but thats because hes Harpers political shield...harper needed someone to take bullets for him

harper doesn't want insite in vancouver so he gets clement to "handle it", clement gets bitch slapped by the supreme court of canada, it would have been disastorous for harper if he were the main guy but harper used clement to shield him from the blow

same thing for the census, harper enlisted clement and baird to take care of that and now stats canada is saying they need the traditional census back ... again, harper used his cronies to shield him from the blow back

with this g8 slush fund...harper might have rewarded clement for the years of service to come..or he extorted harper

either way they are all dirty but clement is just a pawn in harpers game

harper cant afford to turn on clement cause clement knows all of harpers dirty little secrets

does anyone agree?

Clement might be a slimeball, but he's Harper's slimeball.

He get stuck with all the slimy work and he sucks it up and that's his choice. He's a slimesucking wannabe. He'd suck sht from a pigeon if Harper told him to.

Clement was parachuted into Parry Sound-Muskoka and he won by 28 votes. Then last year he distributed $50m for gazebos for the Muskoka G8 and won the next election by 14,647 votes. Those votes cost us taxpayers $3,400 for each vote. I hope Muskoka likes their gazebos. I wonder how Parry Sound feels about getting left off the gravy train!

This is an issue that needs to be kept in mind, and I hope the NDP keeps pursuing it. This is exactly the kind of corruption Harper railed against in the Liberals. The sponsorship scandal, now embedded in Canadian memories as it should be, exposed $100m. Let's not kid ourselves that this is all about Clement: It's Harper, and he only has another $50m to go.

Or is he teflon?

I kind of feel bad for Tony Clement...he was never supposed to be a politician, he had failed a few times to even get elected until he did in 2006 I think

Now he is the PMs fall guy...think of it like this

Clement has FAILED at most everything hes done in politics but thats because hes Harpers political shield...harper needed someone to take bullets for him

harper doesn't want insite in vancouver so he gets clement to "handle it", clement gets bitch slapped by the supreme court of canada, it would have been disastorous for harper if he were the main guy but harper used clement to shield him from the blow

same thing for the census, harper enlisted clement and baird to take care of that and now stats canada is saying they need the traditional census back ... again, harper used his cronies to shield him from the blow back

with this g8 slush fund...harper might have rewarded clement for the years of service to come..or he extorted harper

either way they are all dirty but clement is just a pawn in harpers game

harper cant afford to turn on clement cause clement knows all of harpers dirty little secrets

does anyone agree?

Agreed. So how do we get Clement to expose Harper? :D

Agreed. So how do we get Clement to expose Harper? :D

He won't, Clement is a soldier, he won't screw harper over, he fears harper... which is why he is mute during question period

I'd go so far as to say if clement were to expose harper his family and himself would be in grave danger

harper is a control freak, he will do whatever it takes to keep his power

all options are on the table for him

Do you have any evidence for this kind of accusation?

Prorogued parliament twice, hes blocking inquiries and reports

breaks his own rules ... he controls everything his caucus does or says

he has kept clements mouth shut for how many days?

Harper is a master manipulator

I ain't jokin' either

Harper would do anything to stay out of prison you can bank that

he has to be in control

Feel free to disagree, its my opinion is all

Edited by olp1fan

Well the AG has come out against what Tony has done and I'm sure the opposition will keep going after him in Parliament. I wonder when he'll quit coming to QP, since he doesn't answer question he's getting paid just to sit there. Wouldn't you like to sit there and make $135,000 not to do your job? http://news.nationalpost.com/2011/10/06/%E2%80%98rules-were-broken%E2%80%99-over-g8g20-summit-spending-auditor-general/

Well the AG has come out against what Tony has done and I'm sure the opposition will keep going after him in Parliament. I wonder when he'll quit coming to QP, since he doesn't answer question he's getting paid just to sit there. Wouldn't you like to sit there and make $135,000 not to do your job?

Well, one positive note is that he's the first minister ever to take a foreign company that promised all kinds of things for federal deals to buy up a Canadian company to court, for breaking their promises.

US Steel bought Stelco here in Hamilton, saving it from bankruptcy. They made promises as to how many jobs they would keep happening and how much production would be kept in Canada. Then when Obama instituted his "Americans First" policy US Steel promptly caved and shut down their production in Hamilton.

Every time before this when something similar has happened no one has done anything. It was Tony who said "Screw this noise" and launched a lawsuit. It hasn't been easy or quick. Apparently, since it means breaking new legal ground the lawyers can drag it out for a few years but hey, at least he's trying! Even if he loses, the legal work will mean that the next time some foreign company makes similar promises the government will better know the legal wording that will make a lawsuit stick.

Nobody is all good or all bad. I just want to point out something good about Tony - something that no politician has done before. Foreign companies have been getting away with breaking their promises made to get government welfare for too long.

Edited by Wild Bill

Well, one positive note is that he's the first minister ever to take a foreign company that promised all kinds of things for federal deals to buy up a Canadian company to court, for breaking their promises.

Every time before this when something similar has happened no one has done anything. It was Tony who said "Screw this noise" and launched a lawsuit. It hasn't been easy or quick. Apparently, since it means breaking new legal ground the lawyers can drag it out for a few years but hey, at least he's trying! Even if he loses, the legal work will mean that the next time some foreign company makes similar promises the government will better know the legal wording that will make a lawsuit stick.

Nobody is all good or all bad. I just want to point out something good about Tony - something that no politician has done before. Foreign companies have been getting away with breaking their promises made to get government welfare for too long.

All true WB, but couonter this against his stance on Vale in Sudbury and what do you have? A Minister who threw the workers in the gutter.

Call it a wash. Tony is an idiot.

I didn't know it was Tony doing that. I thought it was the provincial government.

They won something in court, because the lockout of workers was deemed illegal, so the locked out workers got EI benefits, now running out.

I think the truth still is that Harper is giving Tony all the nasty jobs, like challenging a US giant in court.

If we're gonna go down that road I can say Hitler did good things too but the bad outweighed the good

obviously

I'm not comparing him to Hitler but you can use that way of thinking on anyone

Fact is Clement is Harpers go to guy when Harper wants to shield himself from potential failure

Clement is implicit in this role whether he is being forced to or willingly

I will make no excuses for him and you shouldn't either Wild Bill

He won't, Clement is a soldier, he won't screw harper over, he fears harper... which is why he is mute during question period

I'd go so far as to say if clement were to expose harper his family and himself would be in grave danger

harper is a control freak, he will do whatever it takes to keep his power

all options are on the table for him

there is a senate seat waiting for him if he keeps his mouth shut..

Clement might be a slimeball, but he's Harper's slimeball.

He get stuck with all the slimy work and he sucks it up and that's his choice. He's a slimesucking wannabe. He'd suck sht from a pigeon if Harper told him to.

Clement was parachuted into Parry Sound-Muskoka and he won by 28 votes. Then last year he distributed $50m for gazebos for the Muskoka G8 and won the next election by 14,647 votes. Those votes cost us taxpayers $3,400 for each vote. I hope Muskoka likes their gazebos. I wonder how Parry Sound feels about getting left off the gravy train!

This is an issue that needs to be kept in mind, and I hope the NDP keeps pursuing it. This is exactly the kind of corruption Harper railed against in the Liberals. The sponsorship scandal, now embedded in Canadian memories as it should be, exposed $100m. Let's not kid ourselves that this is all about Clement: It's Harper, and he only has another $50m to go.

Or is he teflon?

yup it's no different than the sponsorship deal...corruption and theft of public funds... and now we have a majority conservative government with absolute power for 4 more years...if I recall that quote from my uni days, "power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely"...

If we're gonna go down that road I can say Hitler did good things too but the bad outweighed the good

obviously

I'm not comparing him to Hitler but you can use that way of thinking on anyone

Fact is Clement is Harpers go to guy when Harper wants to shield himself from potential failure

Clement is implicit in this role whether he is being forced to or willingly

I will make no excuses for him and you shouldn't either Wild Bill

Why shouldn't I? Is it compulsory to agree with you?

You MUST be a leftwinger!

Why shouldn't I? Is it compulsory to agree with you?

You MUST be a leftwinger!

Conservatives have either been staying far away from this scandal or bring up ad scam to trash the liberals

i'm just wondering if there are any decent right wingers out there

so far i am not impressed by you

Conservatives have either been staying far away from this scandal or bring up ad scam to trash the liberals

i'm just wondering if there are any decent right wingers out there

so far i am not impressed by you

Well, I don't know if I quite qualify for your run-of-the-mill conservative, but at any rate, I think Clement is a slimebag, and it does Harper no credit to have a man, despite a rather ample body of evidence of ill dealings, in a senior post in his cabinet.

Edited by ToadBrother

Well, I don't know if I quite qualify for your run-of-the-mill conservative, but at any rate, I think Clement is a slimebag, and it does Harper no credit to have a man, despite a rather ample body of evidence of ill dealings, in a senior post in his cabinet.

Harper IS the problem, hes the one giving Clement these orders

if you can't see the PMO all over this shit well you're not reading the evidence

the PMO is all over the documents

Edited by olp1fan