Mosque coming to Markham

xul

We know they largely hate the very values upon which Canada and the broader Western world is built on Fridays and their religious holidays. We know they largely think they're better than we are

Bob - we know no such thing. You have been repeatedly asked to source your opinions on these matters, which you universalize as inscrutable 'facts'.

It seems clear that you have no argument to offer.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bob - we know no such thing. You have been repeatedly asked to source your opinions on these matters, which you universalize as inscrutable 'facts'.

It seems clear that you have no argument to offer.

You don't have to source opinions on this matter - or link up to some site that is positive or negative towards Muslims - and then choose which one you want to use...the internet does not offer the gosspel truth and it is a fleeting source of information and mis-information...what I do is go into the street- the real world - look a passing Muslim in the face with respect and see the body and eye language - Bob is right - they do believe that they are better than we are - all they know about westerneners is that we are a debauched and decadent bunch - true to a degree - but what most Muslims fail to realize is not all of us are low life. BUT as with every human perception- regardless of where that perception originates - there is prejudice - that is what I see in MOST Muslims - like Jews - they believe that we they are better and we should be subserviant to them - because we are less PURE.

Rossland and Ritson in Oshawa. Use Google maps. The churches on the opposite corners are 'normal' churches with normal sized parking lots. I'm not sure how many marked parking spaces there are in the Baptist lot, but there is an expansion area in the back of the church that allows for quite a few more cars to be parked. And, as you can see, smack dab in the middle of a residential area.

Well, it's in Oshawa, a quiet beautiful smaller city near her bigger neighbours. I have been to the city for a few times and have considered to live there for a time because I love quiet place, but I have to go where the job goes. I also find the Walmart supercenter and the Canadian Tire there are also a bit much bigger than those in Markham and Toronto.

I am sure it will have to be a large piece of land, WalMart sized. Maybe they are expecting more clients in the future?

I wish Allah would smile on me because I was one of the nearest inhabitant to his temple, so oneday I would be able to sell my home to some Arab milionaires with a good price and retire to some cheap place spending these money. :P

Well, it's in Oshawa, a quiet beautiful smaller city near her bigger neighbours. I have been to the city for a few times and have considered to live there for a time because I love quiet place, but I have to go where the job goes. I also find the Walmart supercenter and the Canadian Tire there are also a bit much bigger than those in Markham and Toronto.

I wish Allah would smile on me because I was one of the nearest inhabitant to his temple, so oneday I would be able to sell my home to some Arab milionaires with a good price and retire to some cheap place spending these money. :P

China has bought up thousands of acres of wet land and farm land in Ontario....they think ahead....we do not - Muslims also think ahead - in 30 Markham will have ousted the Asians and will be a Muslim strong hold...and your pot smoking grand children will be washing their toilets.

Damn you're a small minded simpleton .

Still, I sympathize with xul. I would absolutely hate living near a mosque, and seeing a bunch of desert nomads wearing rags and women dressed up like ghosts on Halloween on Fridays and religious holidays. ...blash blah bigotted blah...

Imagine if someone were to opine 'Id hate to live near a Synagogue with those stupid curly ringlets ,the dumb hats and the dumb black clothes, not to mention the horrible sense of dress the women have'.

which locates at the north of 16th Ave between BR Andre Catholic HS and Williamson Rd, then move the map to compare the size of the mosque

Xul, one may not be entirely happy about the Mosque coming to that spot however that spot seems right for what is planned.

I know that area quite well, and have my office nearby.

16th is a thoroughfare and Williamson is a feeder road. The neighbourhoods develop off Williamson, not on Williamson.

Land use plans would show this is an allowable , and courted, business to attratc to the spot.

Little does our resident bigot know, but land values will only go up as the load of feeder business' become established in that part of Markham.

Traffic will take a hit....but then again, it is Markham ;)

Edited by guyser

Damn you're a small minded simpleton . of dress the women have[/i]'.

Except for the fact that Western Jews are much, much, much more modern, educated, and democratically inclined than our Muslim counterparts. It will be a rare case indeed to find a Rabbi preaching revisionist history or hate-filled anti-Western politics while taking charitable donations to funnel them to terrorist organizations. When Rabbis in funny black hats and with long sideburns starts flying planes into buildings and taking two-year hiatuses from work in order to fight alongside the Mujahadeen in Afghanistan in order to murder Canadian soldiers, you'll have a point. Until then, you're doing what you do best, drawing false parallels.

Except for the fact that Western Jews are much, much, much more modern, educated, and democratically inclined than our Muslim counterparts.

Stop moving the goalposts simpleton.

It will be a rare case indeed to find a Rabbi preaching revisionist history or hate-filled anti-Western politics while taking charitable donations to funnel them to terrorist organizations. When Rabbis in funny black hats and with long sideburns starts flying planes into buildings and taking two-year hiatuses from work in order to fight alongside the Mujahadeen in Afghanistan in order to murder Canadian soldiers, you'll have a point. Until then, you're doing what you do best, drawing false parallels.

Blah blah fucking blah.

Get caught out and all of a sudden you want to change streams.

Just to refresh you bob, you didnt want to live by a mosque because of the dress.

Edited by guyser

I can't help but laugh at that one

Im Maple Ontario that used by a small quaint Ontario town...the biggest most expensive Mosque was built their - funded in part by a few local Muslims - but funded in bulk by the Saudi Arabian oil rich Muslim elite - the same pricks that financed the murder of 3000 people in New York a decade ago...ironic and utterly foolish - that we drive about in big cars - buy oil from the Saudi Arabians - and they in turn take our money and build a huge Mosque right in your face in laughing defiance.

They will religously conquer us with our own hard earned money - Much like our corrut court system uses your own tax dollars to screw it's own citizens into the ground - Maybe evil know no international boundry?

I know that area quite well, and have my office nearby.

....but then again, it is Markham

I know that area quiet :P well, and have my home there.

Adhan

Adhan is called out by the muezzin in the mosque five times a day, traditionally from a minaret, summoning Muslims for mandatory (fard) prayers (salah). A second call known as iqama (set up) then summons Muslims to line up for the beginning of the prayers. The main purpose behind the multiple loud pronouncements of adhan in every mosque is to make available to everyone an easily intelligible summary of Islamic belief.

But then again, it is Markham, which is a Canadian town not of Middle East, so I suppose my Muslim bros here will use cell-phone calls insteat of loudspeakers.

And I suppose Allah has blessed each pryer of the temple a good driver so he or she will never put the students who go to and leave the school everyday and the kids who used to ride their bikes across Williamson to the playground of the community in any danger.

16th is a thoroughfare

Traffic will take a hit

if most pryers from outside of the region would drive in from the east and leave towards the west...

and Williamson is a feeder road

which was originally planned mainly for local residents to drive in and out their home just as other feeder roads in other communities of Canadian towns.

Edited by xul

The ignorant.

That ignoring of reality is a choice - Bob is not stupid - he just takes the easy way out - which is hate...my parents never hated anyone - they were willing to work to make things better - others that hate are not willing to work - but are willing to steal.

But then again, it is Markham, which is a Canadian town not of Middle East,

Close, just move on the map a bit further East.... ;)

which was originally planned mainly for local residents to drive in and out their home just as other feeder roads in other communities of Canadian towns.

The original plan would not be as a feeder road for just locals, it was an egress locale that the town planners would have known (and hope for and expected) would be filled with a high cash (read tax) position that they would profit on.

If I want to set up a sliding board of 3 meters height in my backyard for my son, I have to ask my neighbours for their approval.

You are ill-informed. If you want a 3m slide you have every right to put it up. If you are proposing another structure that doesn't comply with the zoning by-laws then you might have to apply to the Committee of Adjustment for a vairance. In the course of due process they will contact your neighbour, to advise them that they have a right to file an objection however, is has nothing to do with their approval. The Committee only hears their objection if it has some basis in planning law or planning principles. Things like :I don't like it" or "It will block my view" are ignored by Committee.

If I want to set up a CN tower at my backyard, I think the "green light" from the mayor or councillors of Markham isn't enough.

Wrong again. Neither the Municipality or the Provincial governments have any say in the construction of communications towers. The are regulated under federal law and are exempt from all planning authority approvals and building codes.

So Canada is the freedom-least place in the world... :P

So this comment can be easily ignored as false. You have to KNOW Canada before your can COMMENT on us and our laws.

There is nothing about against muslim or mosques. If it was a huge Chinese restaurant with 188+ parkings, I would also think it should be placed at a comercial plaza.

Huge Chinese restaurants must be built in commercial zones. Mosques and churches however, are perfectly legal and appropriate in residential zones. That is the law.

Are we talking about railroad builders imported from China who were Buddists? Yes that is true Budda did help - so did Jesus - and Moses - and all the others who laid down a doctrine of behaviour...the bulk of our social benevolence and progress orininated in the teachings of Christ - forget what the renegade Catholics did as far as residential schools and the like - Mis-interpretations of Christianity were destructive..but the core was good...it was not Marxism - that made the place thrive...it was GOD and the belief in something higher than being a self serving survivalist animal.

Wrong. The bulk of social formation came out of paganism. The Victorians (Family Compact) rewrote history to make seem like those lazy asses contributed the most.