SCC ruling: Insite to stay open

Black Dog

She's being intentionally obtuse. Just stop replying to her idiocy. There is no law against consumption. Possession, traffck, import, export and production are what's controlled. End of story.

it should be the end of story... until the next time, when out of the blue, she will swoop down presuming to flaunt, once again, her intentional obtuseness. I presently only have one rube on MLW ignore... given her majestic attempt within this thread to overthrow her previous moranic mantle within the "ground zero mosque" thread, I expect to very shortly make that MLW ignore bookends!

• Replies 922
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You have only proven that the NDA/QR&O's is standing law for Canadian Forces that prohibits illicit drug USE, something that most of us already knew.

Nope. Again. No mention of drugs in NDA other than to defer to the CD&S Act. The QRO don't make drug use illegal, just prohibited under some conditions.

Thank you...I am happy to have helped educate you on your own country's military law!

The only thing you have done is heled educate me on your ignorance of our own country's military workplace policy.

Edited by Shwa

Nope. Again. No mention of drugs in NDA other than to defer to the CD&S Act. The QRO don't make drug use illegal, just prohibited under some conditions.

Illegal drug use and even incorrect use of legal, prescribed drugs is prohibited for Canadian Forces. No amount of smarmy squirming can change this fact. Urinalysis testing is not conducted just for the fun of it.

The only thing you have done is heled educate me on your ignorance of our own country's military workplace policy.

This is not about "my country", but I understand that Canadian things don't really exist without such comparisons to the USA. Such is your lot in life. Must suck....

Edited by bush_cheney2004

it should be the end of story... until the next time, when out of the blue, she will swoop down presuming to flaunt, once again, her intentional obtuseness. I presently only have one rube on MLW ignore... given her majestic attempt within this thread to overthrow her previous moranic mantle within the "ground zero mosque" thread, I expect to very shortly make that MLW ignore bookends!

Beware - the members on this site used too call me a "rube" also. Some of the best and most practical thinkers are rubes my friend....and it seems that Gandi might have something to say about your approach that is a wash in mindless arrogance - "It is a small man that gain his self worth through the humiliation of others" to para phrase...and yes - I am that small man.

She's being intentionally obtuse. Just stop replying to her idiocy. There is no law against consumption. Possession, traffck, import, export and production are what's controlled. End of story.

Except that consumption ("use") is prohibited for Canadian Forces unless required in the course of duty or medical necessity. Now you can end the story.

Illegal drug use and even incorrect use of legal, prescribed drugs is prohibited for Canadian Forces. No amount of smarmy squirming can change this fact. Urinalysis testing is not conducted just for the fun of it.

This is not about "my country", but I understand that Canadian things don't really exist without such comparisons to the USA. Such is your lot in life. Must suck....

Certainly this other writer does not pay attention and is blinded by some sort of muddy mixture of prejudice and mindless intellectual compliance to a Canadian style herd mentality...When are Canadians going to think for themselves when they deal with America - a nation is a variant group of people - not some cluster of humanity that are robotic.

Except that consumption ("use") is prohibited for Canadian Forces unless required in the course of duty or medical necessity. Now you can end the story.

When someone says Canadians they don't mean some Canadians and when we're talking about criminal law, we're not talking about employment contract laws. It has already been pointed out how ridiculous and irrelevant your example is. Give it up already.

...When are Canadians going to think for themselves when they deal with America - a nation is a variant group of people - not some cluster of humanity that are robotic.

Perhaps never, so ingrained is the reflexive behaviour. If a mouse only expects to see elephants, then that is all it shall ever see.

Nope. There is no mention of "illegal drugs" anywhere in either the NDA nor QRO. As illustrated earlier, "any drug" can be consumed with the proper authorization. Urinalysis has nothing to do with it.

You are the one that continually brings it up like some symptom of an obsessive-compulsive disorder. It appears your lot in life sucks even worse.

When someone says Canadians they don't mean some Canadians and when we're talking about criminal law, we're not talking about employment contract laws. It has already been pointed out how ridiculous and irrelevant your example is. Give it up already.

When someone says the drug use is not illegal in Canada, they didn't mean some Canadians, so they were wrong.

Nope. There is no mention of "illegal drugs" anywhere in either the NDA nor QRO. As illustrated earlier, "any drug" can be consumed with the proper authorization. Urinalysis has nothing to do with it.

Illegal drug use is prohibited for Canadian Forces by the National Defense Act / QR&O's. The most popular method for determining prohibited drug use by Canadian Forces is urinalysis.

You are the one that continually brings it up like some symptom of an obsessive-compulsive disorder. It appears your lot in life sucks even worse.

Yet I do not need illegal drugs to get through my day. Poor druggies.....

Illegal drug use is prohibited for Canadian Forces by the National Defense Act / QR&O's. The most popular method for determining prohibited drug use by Canadian Forces is urinalysis.

Nope. For all the aforementioned reasons.

Yet I do not need illegal drugs to get through my day.

The severely delusional are often like that. Their sky is already green.

Oh there is contract law involved here - some one has to sign a contract with the provincials and have it apporved by the feds - to run the damned clinic - those that work at such places as Insite - are more parasitic than the junkies - at least the junkies are honest in their hopelessness - where as the "contractors" that run methedone clincs...and the likes of Insite...are suffering from some sort of self dellusion that they are good guys - all they are - are people that pick up a pay cheque generated by the institutionalization of human misery.

As for drugs being legal or illegal - It's about law - and law is nothing without law enforcement..Our establishement such as the SCC rules on one basis..."does the ruling keep the rich and privledges status quo in power - so they INFORCE laws that are good for THEM - and do NOT enforce laws that are good for the public at large - elitists really don't care about the public - It is not their sons or daughters that are shooting junk and behaving like the walking dead.

Yep...for all the reasons provided in law by Canada's parliament.

My sky is blue...not green. Must be the drugs?

Considering it is neither, it must be the drugs. In reality the sky has no colour and the colours you think you see are illusions caused by light bouncing off of water particles.

Is it LSD you're on? That's American too.....

My sky is blue...not green. Must be the drugs?

The sky is blue - I concure! When the sky turns green with the glee of those that have vested interests in oil companies...who also sit on the SCC...then I know that they rule that the sky is green and that a bunch of white trash and natives shooting junk is a good thing - that it will cost the elite nothing in the cause of helping them -----------die....I guess that the SCC are Orwellian in nature at this point in time - that hinderance is help - that death is life - that war is peace - and that harm reduction is exaclty like making sure your kid is supervised when injesting sugar...mean while the teeth continue to rot.

Nope. It must be the "parliament" of your delusions. Again. That OCD thing with Canada.

My sky is blue...not green.

Most delusional people operate like that, for keeping up appearances.

...and there shall be no smoking while doing it. LOL!

I smoke the curse - tobacco.. the feds love it. I guess there might be a profit in the continued addiction and the mayhem caused by herion. We have lugans that run about yelling at you for smoking "legal" dope (tobacco) - yet these same people get teary eyed over the thought of their own goodness and social benevolence in letting the sick get sicker...? All l can say through years of experence and observation - that dope...seperates people - it causes estrangement - even chronic pot heads can not be reasoned with...My youngest brother is a "functional" chronic pot user...he has spoken to me twice in 15 years - because he can not get it straight in his confused stoned brain that we really are not at issue - that his fantacy feud will never be resolved because he IS NOT HIMSElF...It is tragic that some one I dearly love is gone from my life for all intent and purpose - because of some damned potion - that some insist is harmless... Back to the junkies - China must be thrilled with this SCC decision...it makes British Columbia that much easier to take over and own.

Nope. It must be the "parliament" of your delusions. Again. That OCD thing with Canada.

It's not hard to understand why Canada's parliament would ban such illegal drug use by Canadian Forces. Injecting heroin at Vancouver's Insite while in uniform for all the press to see would be interesting, but still very illegal.

Most delusional people operate like that, for keeping up appearances.

Was it good for you too...want a cigarette?

Edited by bush_cheney2004

Good Lord.....what a shit hole the east side of Vancouver has become - Having had the experience of living in the hotel called hot and cold running barf 35 years ago - and seeing Hastings Street first hand...You would think that after all this time they would have progressed...seems from the reports I get now that nothing has changed - the so-called progress is regress - Like they are caught in a dark time warp or something...40 years to deal with the problem and the SCC finally solves it by formally admitting defeat.

It's not hard to understand why Canada's parliament would ban such illegal drug use by Canadian Forces. Injecting heroin at Vancouver's Insite while in uniform for all the press to see would be interesting, but still very illegal.

More gushing love for Canada. Even though you still don't understand our laws. But that's OK. We'll still take the love.

Was it good for you too...want a cigarette?

Still playing with... er... your delusions I see.