Americans tolerance

Here you go caesar:

Martin and Iraqi WMDs

Prime Minister Paul Martin says he believes Saddam Hussein had weapons of mass destruction and they've fallen into terrorists' hands. Martin said the threat of terrorism is even greater now than it was following the attacks of Sept. 11, 2001, because terrorists have acquired nuclear, chemical and biological weapons from the toppled Iraqi leader.

Break out the Tin-foil hats :ph34r:

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest eureka

When did Martin say that Iraq had WMDs. Eighty percent of the nations of the world and 85% of the people said that Iraq did not according to the estimates of opposition to the war. Canada was among them. That includes Martin whose posiition was that the UN inspectors had not found any and should continues their search until they were satisfied.

Nothing happened to change that. Nothing Martin has said since changes that except that the whole world outside of the BB complex knows now that there were no WMDs.

See above ^ ;)

I notice the media never really blew this story up during the "election of fear"..........No Liberal bias you say?

I am talking about government treaties. I am not confused. You are. California bought our power and last I heard still hadn't paid up. American citizens and house builders do want our lumber. It is the American Beef Producers that are putting up resistance to our beef being allowed in.

My problem has never been with individuals. I is with the Americangovernment and big business that tries to blck our trade so they can charge the American public inflated prices.

D'ya ever think that by calling them warmongers,morons,etc. it

might have a slow down effect on them doing anything that was in a positive nature for Canada?

Payback can be a real bitch sometimes.

The majority of Americans voted for Mr. Bush,when you call him a moron,you are also insulting their intelligence.So what you are saying iff a moron gets elected,morons voted him in,but being a lofty liberal,this fine point would have escaped you before you opened your mouth with insults.BTW,it is extremely annoying to have to read your insults about other peoples spelling and grammar.Very petty,don't you think?

Guest eureka

BTW, read what Martin said. It is not at all the "interpretation" given in the snippet posted.

Everybody knows that Iraq had a modest arsenal of so-called WMDs - not the most dangerous ones. Nobody knowa where they went except that they have probably rotted away or been destroyed following the 1991 war.

That is common knowledge and Maretin does not appear to have said anything different. Neither did he say that terrorism has increased through the actions of Saddam. It certainly has through the actions of Bush and Blair as a whole new field for terrorists has been opened.

:huh:

Paul Martin quote

The fact is that there is now, we know well, a proliferation of nuclear weapons, and that many weapons that Saddam Hussein had, we don't know where they are," Martin told a crowd of about 700 university researchers and business leaders in Montreal. "That means terrorists have access to all of that."

Guest eureka

Payback! A low level official calls Bush a moron in private and you are offended. Do you have any idea of the things that Diefenbaker and Trudeau were called by American Presidents in public? Do you not knoe that Presodent Johnson physically attacked Lester Pearson/

That was a silly move by Johnson and admirable restraint on the part of Pearson who had been a considerable athlete in his day and could have creamrd Johnson.

Personally, I do not think Bush is a moron: just a cunning if not very bright, offspring of privilege. That got him to a position that would have been as reachable as the moon without the backing of betters.

So eureka and caesar, what about that Paul Martin quote and his stance on Iraqi WMDs?

Kindly note the tense: "had" not has. Under your logic it would then be necessary to invade Russia since terrorists have access to a weapon here or there of Russia's arsenal.

Of course he is using past tense :rolleyes: When Martin said the above quote, Saddam was in jail.......I doubt anybody thought that Saddam brought VX nerve gas into Jail up his bum :rolleyes:

Please stop with the spinning........I'm going to puke :lol:

Guest eureka

BTW< I have emailed the Liberal party to ask for an explanation of what Martin did say. I am appalled at his ignorance of the roots of terrorism - if anything in that report is accurate. I suspect it may not be since the conclusions of the reporter are completely different than Martin actually said.

BTW< I have emailed the Liberal party to ask for an explanation of what Martin did say. I am appalled at his ignorance of the roots of terrorism - if anything in that report is accurate. I suspect it may not be since the conclusions of the reporter are completely different than Martin actually said.

:lol: You should Email it to Mad Jack Layton also.......could have got more seats in Ontario :lol:

I'm take comfort in knowing that Martin atleast has an understanding that the world is not a nice place and the value of politicking with the United States.......it's not Harper, but atleast he's not a Layton or Jean.

Payback! A low level official calls Bush a moron in private and you are offendedPearson/

lol.I always thought the CBC had a small audience,but calling their national broadcast a "private setting",might offend them.

Anyways,the comments still did insult the 64% of Canadians who did not vote those clowns in,as we now have to live with the consequences.If you call your next door neighbour a moron because you don't agree with him,relations as neighbours will be somewhat strained.

If you can, lower yourself to that basic example,and think how most Americans feel by those completely unnessesary comments.Did not Pearson win a peace award of somekind,why would he have to restrain from attacking another individual?

Where and when. Paul Martin is not Canada, anyhow.

If he made any such claim; howcome we are just hearing it now????

Caesar, click here

The date was May 11, 2004..........as for the reason you just heard about it now, it's the Liberal bias in the majority of the media (Minus Global, and looky who broke the storey)......stop watching the CBC.........christ, and to think, we could have a Conservative government right now (due to vote splitting in Ontario between the NDP and Libs) if more people watched Kevin Newman :rolleyes:

Canoe a Quebec internet network is not a national broadcast. I don't believe it is valid; Harper would have been running off at the mouth if it were. Come on now; give us a break. Don't believe everything you read.

I am not a Paul Martin fan but I don't believe he would be stupid enough to say what is reported he said. I want to see a video first hand. You may be gullible but not me.

I am not a Paul Martin fan but I don't believe he would be stupid enough to say what is reported he said. I want to see a video first hand. You may be gullible but not me.

So are you now saying that a well known news agency is lying. Do you have an proof to say that Canoe is misquoting Paul Martin?

Do you have proof that they are notZ? It seems very unlikely that there is any substance to this story or it would have surfaced in May not now. Proof is not mine to provide; you provide a credible source that backs up this publications claim. I have found it wise not to believe everything that you hear from one source. Look at the trouble Bush is in from choosing to believe Chalabi and his sources.

Do you have proof that they are notZ? It seems very unlikely that there is any substance to this story or it would have surfaced in May not now. Proof is not mine to provide; you provide a credible source that backs up this publications claim. I have found it wise not to believe everything that you hear from one source. Look at the trouble Bush is in from choosing to believe Chalabi and his sources.

I provided a news source, you claim it to be wrong, so prove it..........

But to humor you:

The Globe and Mail

"The problem is increasingly failed states, or states that are on the edge of failure, the fact that now we know well that there is proliferation of nuclear weapons and that many of the weapons that Saddam Hussein had, for example, we do not know where they are, so that means the terrorists have access to all that."

Paul Martin, may 10th 2004.

I gave another source, so you now prove that my first one is false.

What they gonna do bomb us, were canadians we'd have the rest of the world on our side.

If Kerry is a dumbass like Bush then so be it, I only feel pitty for the U.S. citizens.

And since when are we supposed to feel scared about political views, what is this a tyrancy?

Guest eureka

There seems to be a persistent reading comprehensiom astir. Martin clearly did not say that Saddam's mythical WMD were now available to terrorists. If the paragraphs quoted are confusing to some, the rest of the Globe article should clarify the question.

As for terrorism and its increase; and for the fact that it will now be with us for generations to come, is that not what the opponents of American and British intervention as well as those who knew, and said, that there were no WMD have been saying from the first aggressive moves of the US?

One curiosity that intrigues me is that it seems to be lost that terrorism existed before the 11th. September. 60% of all terrorist acts annually happen in India. There have been acts of terrorism that have had a proportionately greater toll in other countries than the WTC. Why are these not talked of?

Is it that the WTC involved also a great economic loss and was a blow to money - the God of Capitalisism? Or is it just that this blow was at America - the only nation that concerns that self absorbed nation?

What they gonna do bomb us, were canadians we'd have the rest of the world on our side.

Depends what we did............If say we threatened to shut off Quebec Hydro shipments to New York state in the middle of winter.......who's knows what they would do.

As for having the "rest of the world on our side", what good would that do against a determined United States?

*note* I don't think any of this will/would happen mind you.

If Kerry is a dumbass like Bush then so be it, I only feel pitty for the U.S. citizens.

Why? A large portion of Americans don't think Bush to be a "dumbass" and a large portion of Americans don't think Kerry to be a "dumbass". Instead of feeling sorry for Americans, start expressing empathy towards the people of Quebec and Western Canada.

And since when are we supposed to feel scared about political views, what is this a tyrancy?

I guess it depends who you ask.......

There seems to be a persistent reading comprehensiom astir. Martin clearly did not say that Saddam's mythical WMD were now available to terrorists. If the paragraphs quoted are confusing to some, the rest of the Globe article should clarify the question.

By all means clarify.........I read a quote by Paul Martin that says:

"The problem is increasingly failed states, or states that are on the edge of failure, the fact that now we know well that there is proliferation of nuclear weapons and that many of the weapons that Saddam Hussein had, for example, we do not know where they are, so that means the terrorists have access to all that."

"that many of the weapons that Saddam Hussein had, for example, we do not know where they are, so that means the terrorists have access to all that"

Weapons that Saddam had.......got it

we don't know where they are.....really :rolleyes: Duh

so that means the terrorists have access to all that......very scary indeed.

The Three points of the quote:

1. Weapons that Saddam had

2. we don't know where they are

3. so that means the terrorists have access to all that

I understand very well what Martin said, whats your problem?

Is it that the WTC involved also a great economic loss and was a blow to money - the God of Capitalisism? Or is it just that this blow was at America - the only nation that concerns that self absorbed nation?

Let's not mince words here........before 9/11 terrorism was something that happend "over there".......after 9/11 it has become something that can and has happend "here". I, like most, care more about "here" then "over there"........worry about what affects you first I say.