Ron Paul in 2012

Did I hear Ron Paul muse out loud that the US needs a national Right to Work bill???

The NAM members who fund his political campaign,along with the members of the Koch Bros. funded Cato Institute must be giggling with corporate glee!!!

'Cause RTW is all about the individual personal freedom...

:lol:

• Replies 661
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It will come down to Paul and Romney.

Paul's polling in 4th place in South Carolina right now. Gingrich will probably win, followed by Romney, Santorum, and then Ron Paul.

Oh, and in my opinion, Paul IS the only clown that's left. :)

Edited by Shady

Paul's polling in 4th place in South Carolina right now. Gingrich will probably win, followed by Romney, Santorum, and then Ron Paul.

Oh, and in my opinion, Paul IS the only clown that's left. :)

Well, again, you called Obama with the win, and look where that got you? If your prediction is right this time, Romney will win, and take the USA further down that hole.

Paul is only a clown to those who don't recognize integrity when they see it.

If your prediction is right this time, Romney will win, and take the USA further down that hole.

I'm not so sure Romney will win. At least not any time soon. The primary process will go on for at least another month or so. Gingrich could very well in South Carolina. Meaning of the remaining 4 candidates. Only Ron Paul has yet to win anything. He won't win Florida, the next primary to take place. That'll probably go to Romney or Gingrich, so Paul will be 0 for 5. In fact, I don't know if Ron Paul will win even one state. He won't even win his home state of Texas. So please, tell me how you see him winning in the end?

Are people crazy? No politician stands for change except Ron Paul...Gingrich, Obama, Romney, they are all the same, nothing will change if the get elected, why do people flock to them?

This world blows my mind.

Change to what??

National RTW??

Drastically reducing the standard of living under the guise of personal freedom to assist the likes of the NAM and the Koch Bros. vis a vis "competition" with China?

I know what the change is...It's Blueblood's dream come to life...

A return to the Robber Baron era...

Change to what??

National RTW??

Drastically reducing the standard of living under the guise of personal freedom to assist the likes of the NAM and the Koch Bros. vis a vis "competition" with China?

I know what the change is...It's Blueblood's dream come to life...

A return to the Robber Baron era...

got links showing their support for ron paul? i wasn't able to find anything in the first couple of pages on google. most of the articles i saw was about how the koch brothers like cain and dislike paul.

got links showing their support for ron paul? i wasn't able to find anything in the first couple of pages on google. most of the articles i saw was about how the koch brothers like cain and dislike paul.

Yeah that's right and what's also telling is how the mainstream media and corporations dislike Paul. And Paul is not a wealthy man. If he wants to be a "Robber Baron", he'd do well to copy Mitch Romney, because that's exactly what he really is!!

Ok, so he's in a battle for 3rd/4th place, way behind the leaders. Same in Florida.

According to http://www.cnn.com/ELECTION/2012/calculator/ Romney has won 14 delegates, Ron Paul has 10, Santorum 8 and Gingrich 2. So Ron Paul is the "contender" at this point, despite not having won.

Is it possible for someone to win the primary if they consistently come in a strong second, while the others have larger variations win/lose in each state?

Edited by Manny

Guest American Woman

According to http://www.cnn.com/ELECTION/2012/calculator/ Romney has won 14 delegates, Ron Paul has 10, Santorum 8 and Gingrich 2. So Ron Paul is the "contender" at this point, despite not having won.

Is it possible for someone to win the primary if they consistently come in a strong second, while the others have larger variations win/lose in each state?

Ron Paul doesn't represent the traditional Republican party platform, and he will not be given the nomination by the Republican party.

Ron Paul doesn't represent the traditional Republican party platform, and he will not be given the nomination by the Republican party.

Of course he won't. And I think Ron Paul pretty well knows that. That's not necessarily why he even does what he does.

I was hoping that you or someone else who knows would answer my question though.

Edited by Manny

I was hoping that you or someone else who knows would answer my question though.

Your question was malformed...if you meant win the party's nomination just based on very consistent second place results in state primaries and caucuses, then the answer is no. The second place winner still must be in striking distance of a majority delegate count (1,144 out of 2,286), including separate super delegates (about 7% of the total) for the GOP. If no majority winner is declared on the first convention ballot, then delegates are released to vote for other candidates according to state party rules.

Ron Paul will not be nominated by the Republican Party for president, but he has an outside shot for the bottom of the ticket just to mollify the Tea Party faithful.

Guest American Woman

Of course he won't. And I think Ron Paul pretty well knows that. That's not necessarily why he even does what he does.

Yeah, I'm sure. <_<

It's possible for someone to win the nomination even if they don't place at all in the primaries. If no candidate wins more than 50% of the delegates by convention time, it becomes a "brokered convention" - which means anyone the Republicans want can win the nomination.

Yeah, I'm sure. <_<

Ron Paul has said so himself, on occasion.

It's possible for someone to win the nomination even if they don't place at all in the primaries. If no candidate wins more than 50% of the delegates by convention time, it becomes a "brokered convention" - which means anyone the Republicans want can win the nomination.

Ok, well I get what both of you are saying. But is it also true that even if the candidate wind the majority, the party doesn't have to nominate them?

...Ok, well I get what both of you are saying. But is it also true that even if the candidate wind the majority, the party doesn't have to nominate them?

Yes that is true, but highly unlikely, and would cause a lot of party infighting that would culminate is a loss to President Obama. See Goldwater 1964.

Guest American Woman

Ron Paul has said so himself, on occasion.

I'm sure he has. Sorta like "it's an honor just to have been nominated....." - which no one really believes.

Ok, well I get what both of you are saying. But is it also true that even if the candidate wind the majority, the party doesn't have to nominate them?

One candidate has to win over 50% of the delegates, not just the majority of the votes, or it's anyone's game. From what I understand, if one candidate does receive over 50% of the delegates, that candidate wins the nomination* - but it will be highly unlikely that someone will get over 50%. Just winning the state doesn't give that candidate all of the state's delegates in most instances.

*See bush_cheney's post

Edited by American Woman